1rm's for college football stars

I was gonna bust on you Bas Fan, but then I realized you were in Canada, so it's possible they do things a little different with the football up there. And just like everything else besides bombing other countries, you probably do it better than us.

No shit, guys here will do a "bench press" that they bounce like a fucking superball off their pecs, then have their spotter row the shit out of it and scream "it's all you!" while a coach stands over one shoulder nodding approvingly.

CarnalSalvation said:
Just remember mang, football programs the country over are notorious for the hideous form in which they allow their athletes to perform exercises.

So much so that the lifts even have their own names. If I tell somebody I saw a guy doing "football squats" it means I saw a guy doing 3/4 squats. Prison/Football benches are the same thing, and involve using your sternum as a platform to rebound off of, and lifting your ass nine inches off the bench.

lifting your ass nine inches off? Isn't that begging for an injury?
(Thanks for the diet and exercise advice, I've gained 20 pounds in 2 and half months.)

Nine inches was hyperbole, as in purposeful exageration, not to mislead, but to illustrate a point.

I'm glad you liked my advice, and it sounds like you're getting great results.

Yes I have, I've eaten god knows how many cans of corned beef hash, potatoes and heavy sour cream.

See now that's some eatin'! Glad you didn't say brown rice, celery and half a chicken breast.

CarnalSalvation said:
See now that's some eatin'! Glad you didn't say brown rice, celery and half a chicken breast.

I'm not wrestling any more so I don't eat that shit, thanks for everything man, I'm gonna go lift.

CarnalSalvation said:
I was gonna bust on you Bas Fan, but then I realized you were in Canada, so it's possible they do things a little different with the football up there. And just like everything else besides bombing other countries, you probably do it better than us.

No shit, guys here will do a "bench press" that they bounce like a fucking superball off their pecs, then have their spotter row the shit out of it and scream "it's all you!" while a coach stands over one shoulder nodding approvingly.

Well our S&C coach was NSCA certified with his CSCS and i know those are both requirements in the states as well so i dunno how much of a difference there can be. All i know is that MY coach had more than enough time to take each and every one of us alone and show us what our program consists of and WHY were going to be doing the exersizes we were doing. He then took us around and made sure we were able to accomplish each of the base lifts perfectly. But like i said before, there are always BAD coaches and most football programs reflect that with losing seasons. By no means were we a football powerhouse and our weightroom was somewhat state of the art but we only had 3 platforms. But our work ethic and intensity in the gym was more than enough to get us to a few championships.

the NCSA CSCS cert is pretty cookie cutter. It's like a degree in that it looks nice on paper, but means just about fuck all in practice. It comes down to application of knowledge, and real experience with the bar.

Unfortunately a lot of coaches have an "old school" mentality in a BAD way when it comes to training their athletes.

Oh, and just so my point isn't taken wrong:

I'm not "hating" on these guys lifts. I don't want to take away from others accomplishments. I'm just saying that football, wrestling, etc. are sports well known for promoting poor form, using hands on spotters, and just flat out exaggerating. It's a shame that a few bad apples put supsicion on so many, but it's sadly true in this case.

Back