1994: The Shawshank Redemption vs Pulp Fiction

Both great movies for different reasons. Can't pick a clear better movie but would pick Reservoir Dogs over Shawshank.

Pulp Fiction was better the first time comparatively, but I think Shawshank is better to rewatch multiple times.

What? I could watch PF every day for the rest of my life. It's the movie with the biggest rewatch value ever imo

Either way imagine giving Forrest fucking Gump the Oscar over both these classics.

<45>

Pulp Fiction by a mile. Shawshank was very good but massively over-rated. It is not one of the GOATs.

What? I could watch PF every day for the rest of my life. It's the movie with the biggest rewatch value ever imo
I don't know, there's a reason Shawshank is on television all the time and most of us have seen it a thousand times. If Shawshank is on, you watch it.

Both a tad overrated.

Jackie Brown trumps them both imo.

I don't know, there's a reason Shawshank is on television all the time and most of us have seen it a thousand times. If Shawshank is on, you watch it.

For me is the other way around. I've only watched Shawshank a couple times but I lost count how many times I watched PF...oh well

Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time. Shawshank is great, masterful even, but if I can only choose one, I know the answer.

Two different films.

Shawshank better movie overall. Pulp fiction more iconic and ground breaking

Great year for cinema. No matter what anyone says I've got my favorite.

05TDC9H.gif

Both great movies. Shawshank has better story and better acting. And will be better in 50 years.

Pulp was superior in an artsy trendy kinda way but the subject matter of Shawshank absolutely demolishes Pulp. Many experts (myself included) are convinced that Shawshank was heavily influenced by Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning (original German title: Nevertheless Say 'Yes' to Life: A Psychologist Experiences the Concentration Camp). A movie can't possibly get any deeper than that

100 years from now people will still be watching and ruminating on Shawshank while Pulp will have been long forgotten

Last edited:
I've watched PF once

I've lost count of how many times i've rewatched Shawshank. Shawshank is just better in every way and one of the most re-watchable movies

Back