Social 1984 - The Intercept Goes After Wrong Think (Gab)

"Censor" is a strong word, but there are definitely things that are not allowed on their platform. "Tech people" is also pretty ephemeral. Nevertheless, those platforms have gotten more restrictive with what you are allowed to post. I'm not sure what you call that; it is also certainly true that without moderation, every platform will become unusable.

That said, I am strongly in favor of actual censorship and cultural control. Our current state is abdicating their responsibilities in this very important area of life.

First, if you name a view, I bet I can find someone expressing it on social media. But second, what's getting people banned is not, like, pushing for cuts to capital gains taxes or even legalization of domestic violence or something. We're generally talking about harassment of other users and the like.

Having lived in the United States long enough now, I've watched bad faith actors use culture to effect very negative, antisocial outcomes, with absolutely no action taken. I have watched each click of the ratchet, as bad faith dissimulators tell us that each new change isn't really happening, it's a crazy conspiracy, and also it's good that it's happening. Watching friends and coworkers install the latest progressive code updates makes me feel like everyone around me is being replaced by pod people. These are people whose slogan is "change", who insist that I am the radical one- its quite nuts.

People who believe in nothing also will believe in everything, it's why cults proliferate in times of social deterioration. We all need social norms and rules to tell us what to believe and do. The deluge of data we receive as humans is impossible to sort and interpret without a hardened moral framework. Most people lack that, so when someone comes along with clear, uncompromising rules, they are drawn to that- strong horse, weak horse. Whether you can be have your mind taken over like this by rapid norm reversal is pretty much the criteria for whether you are fully human or just some kind of animal. True nihilism isn't hopelessness- it is having no anchor.

First, if you name a view, I bet I can find someone expressing it on social media. But second, what's getting people banned is not, like, pushing for cuts to capital gains taxes or even legalization of domestic violence or something. We're generally talking about harassment of other users and the like.

I'm pretty sure posting that the election was illegitimate will get you banned on facebook and twitter.

I'm pretty sure posting that the election was illegitimate will get you banned on facebook and twitter.

Just searched Twitter, and there are bunch of accounts that have that claim in their name, waded through one of their posts (ugh), and they did post that view. Plus that's a lie rather than a political/philosophical view.

Just searched Twitter, and there are bunch of accounts that have that claim in their name, waded through one of their posts (ugh), and they did post that view. Plus that's a lie rather than a political/philosophical view.
Huh, didn't know that. I assumed because I'd heard of other bannings related to that it was the case.

You said the authoritarian left was imaginary and I gave you evidence as to why it isn't. You're deflecting.

The left occupies positions of power in the government, civil service, mass media, business and the educational system of every major Western country.

They are indoctrinating children. They are ruining lives and getting people canceled for wrong think. They are forcing carbon taxes. They are rigging elections with school/media brainwashing on a grand scale and using immigration for votes. They are banning guns and attempting to confiscate them.

This is happening all throughout the Western world. You just passed that by, presumably because it doesn't bother you.
The only way those above things wouldn't bother someone is if they are already fully indoctrinated.

Huh, didn't know that. I assumed because I'd heard of other bannings related to that it was the case.

Might be that you need a big following for them to notice or care. But again, that's not about suppressing opinions.

Not true. They said the election was stolen. Votes hacked.

they said the Russians “hacked” the election about 200 million times.

Remember when just last year the media suppressed any stores about Hunter Biden because its "distributing hacked materials"?

Emails of anonymous donors to Kyle Rittenhouse's defense fund were hacked and not only did the media distribute them, a fucking journalist went to some guys house to confront him over his $10 donation.

Just quoting these posts because of how hilariously they rekt the usual Dem Reich supporters and that they tuck tabled and ran.

What the hell are you going on about?
GOP legislators have introduced 81 bills in 34 states that criminalize protesting, to various degrees, so far this year. As a vigilant anti-authoritarian, you should probably know more about this, an actual attack on the first amendment, but it seems like imaginary authoritarianism is the only kind you guys get mad about

GOP legislators have introduced 81 bills in 34 states that criminalize protesting, to various degrees, so far this year. As a vigilant anti-authoritarian, you should probably know more about this, an actual attack on the first amendment, but it seems like imaginary authoritarianism is the only kind you guys get mad about
Uh, no this never happened. Criminals don't get to pretend breaking the law is just a form of protest.

Uh, no this never happened. Criminals don't get to pretend breaking the law is just a form of protest.

Yeah it did.
Also, you seem to have no issue when Trump had riot cops disperse peaceful protesters with tear gas so that the orange shitstain could pose awkwardly in front of a church holding a bible.

Yeah it did.
Also, you seem to have no issue when Trump had riot cops disperse peaceful protesters with tear gas so that the orange shitstain could pose awkwardly in front of a church holding a bible.
The riot where they tried to burn down that church and had the secret service ushering the president to the bunker?
<YeahOKJen>

The riot where they tried to burn down that church and had the secret service ushering the president to the bunker?
<YeahOKJen>

Nope, wrong you dimwit
images

Much like you, this shitstain likes holding up books he has no intention of reading.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials

Last edited:
Imagine being a liberal and making fun of someone for being gay, while in every other thread on Sherdog you call conservatives "racists", "bigots", "xenophobes", "transphobes", and "homophobes".

How very tolerant of you.

well he doesn't think the right way, so the left can say anything they want about him.

Nope, wrong you dimwit
images

Much like you, this shitstain likes holding up books he has no intention of reading.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-dc-church-after-protesters-cleared-with-tear

Trump posed for photos in front of the church, which was set fire Sunday evening as violent protests raged in Washington, D.C., around the White House.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and embarrassing yourself?

discarding the first amendment, a thing I have previously claimed to love deeply and unconditionally, at the first opportunity I have to own the libs

discarding the first amendment, a thing I have previously claimed to love deeply and unconditionally, at the first opportunity I have to own the libs
'Show me where it says that protests are supposed to be polite and peaceful'
-Chris Cuomo

<Varys01>

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-dc-church-after-protesters-cleared-with-tear

Trump posed for photos in front of the church, which was set fire Sunday evening as violent protests raged in Washington, D.C., around the White House.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and embarrassing yourself?

I never get tires of owning Trumptards
You are literally using actions of one group to justify authoritarian mistreatment of a different group of people.

How very 1984 of you, not that you'd know, since you believe being banned on twitter is equivalent

Back