Social 1984 - The Intercept Goes After Wrong Think (Gab)

You said the authoritarian left was imaginary and I gave you evidence as to why it isn't. You're deflecting.

FYI, vague assertions are not evidence.

They are indoctrinating children. They are ruining lives and getting people canceled for wrong think. They are forcing carbon taxes. They are rigging elections with school/media brainwashing on a grand scale and using immigration for votes. They are banning guns and attempting to confiscate them.

This is happening all throughout the Western world. You just passed that by, presumably because it doesn't bother you.

Yeah, this is the point I was making earlier. You're defining policy you don't like and disagreement as "authoritarian" while you're OK with actual authoritarianism.

These aren't vague assertions. It's well documented and plenty of articles can be found with a google search.

Let's stay focused and not resort to "but the right". The left controls it all and what they're doing is clearly authoritarian and it was designed to be that way. That's why Yuri Bezmenov said once we find out what social justice really means in practice, we will revolt.

I am focused. The cries of seem fake when people support actual authoritarian actions and then claim that policy they don't like is authoritarian. Rightists should just be honest and say that they think authoritarianism is good and why rather than take this "the left are the real rightists" line. It's a waste of time because serious people have to go through the extra steps of decoding things before even getting to real arguments.

:)

People shouldn't be allowed to protest, and if they do, the gov't should put them down. Employees shouldn't be allowed to publicly criticize voter restrictions. Police should be able to kill people without consequences. All "anti-authoritarian" positions according to the nutso right.
The non-existent authoritarian left according to Jack.
12dc-troops-facebookJumbo.jpg

Half-of-a-crowd-Silhouettes-Sensored-Red-900.jpg

wheeler%20fire.jpg

Are you a real person, or just a shill for the pro corporate-gov alliance that 98% of dems were “resisting” a few years ago?

I am someone who believes that neither governments nor corporations nor private citizens should be defended against "document dumps" if and when those dumps reveal their participation in anti-democratic plots and programs.

Had to laugh at the recent incident Berkeley Ca, the natural birthplace of Lib-speak, once termed 'free speech'.

"police arrested the woman for using offensive language in a public place and willfully threatening a person based on
perceived characteristics.."

Still checking the penal code for these offenses...

LOL! "Jack says the authoritarian left is imaginary, but look at this drawing with the word 'censored' printed all over it. Checkmate."

<mma2>Those were just peaceful protests!!

Again, you can support shutting down people's right to protest against gov't oppression or you can oppose authoritarianism, but you can't do both.

Again, you can support shutting down people's right to protest against gov't oppression or you can oppose authoritarianism, but you can't do both.
Irrelevant, we're discussing violent riots.

Irrelevant, we're discussing violent riots.

Actually, we were discussing authoritarianism, but you deflected to protests as part of your attempt to redefine authoritarianism to mean anti-authoritarianism.

Actually, we were discussing authoritarianism, but you deflected to protests as part of your attempt to redefine authoritarianism to mean anti-authoritarianism.
Actually, I listed a bunch of authoritarian actions taken by the left and you picked 1 thing out of my list to attempt to debunk. You wound up lying again because you have no argument. Protests don't cause 2B in damages and send top politicians to evacuate to a bunker.

Oh yeah, and you also mocked me for using a graphic to represent censorship as if that is an argument.

Actually, I listed a bunch of authoritarian actions taken by the left and you picked 1 thing out of my list to attempt to debunk. You wound up lying again because you have no argument. Protests don't cause 2B in damages and send top politicians to evacuate to a bunker.

Oh yeah, and you also mocked me for using a graphic to represent censorship as if that is an argument.

A lie is something you say that you know is false. Not something true that someone would rather you not mention. Obviously I haven't lied; you're just mad that I exposed your own deception, and you have so little character that you'll accuse a man of lying out of spite. Your other examples of "authoritarianism" were just policy differences or not even related to the gov't.

And, yes, it was hilarious that you thought that picture was evidence of anything.

A lie is something you say that you know is false. Not something true that someone would rather you not mention. Obviously I haven't lied; you're just mad that I exposed your own deception, and you have so little character that you'll accuse a man of lying out of spite. Your other examples of "authoritarianism" were just policy differences or not even related to the gov't.
Okay Jack, there's a reason why almost everyone on this board thinks you're a bullshitter. You didn't expose anything. All you did was make yourself look foolish with your outlandish claims.

And, yes, it was hilarious that you thought that picture was evidence of anything.
Its incredibly obvious I wasn't presenting it as evidence.

In a thread about 1984 and in a post where you accuse *me* of dishonesty, you're defining people protesting oppressive policing as "authoritarianism" and the gov't not doing as much as you think they should to stop people from protesting "state sanctioning" of it. What a world!

"The gov't shouldn't murder people" is "authoritarian" to rightists now, apparently.
It's the confusion of having a right wing temperament in a context of liberal history and culture. These guys need to break out of this psychic prison.

I don't oppose any of the measures that these tech people are doing, it's just the shoe is on the wrong foot. It is the people who, for example, are trying to abolish cash bail that should be getting fired and having their accounts banned.

Okay Jack, there's a reason why almost everyone on this board thinks you're a bullshitter. You didn't expose anything. All you did was make yourself look foolish with your outlandish claims.

Its incredibly obvious I wasn't presenting it as evidence.

There's a reason you're shifting to a false appeal to consensus and personal attacks rather than explaining why your position is not as wrong as it seems.

So what was the point of the pictures?

It's the confusion of having a right wing temperament in a context of liberal history and culture. These guys need to break out of this psychic prison.

I don't oppose any of the measures that these tech people are doing, it's just the shoe is on the wrong foot. It is the people who, for example, are trying to abolish cash bail that should be getting fired and having their accounts banned.

Yikes. Missed the landing pretty badly there. Surely you don't buy the lunatic arguments that "tech people" are trying to censor views. And I won't bite on the cash bail thing. :)

Yikes. Missed the landing pretty badly there. Surely you don't buy the lunatic arguments that "tech people" are trying to censor views. And I won't bite on the cash bail thing. :)

"Censor" is a strong word, but there are definitely things that are not allowed on their platform. "Tech people" is also pretty ephemeral. Nevertheless, those platforms have gotten more restrictive with what you are allowed to post. I'm not sure what you call that; it is also certainly true that without moderation, every platform will become unusable.

That said, I am strongly in favor of actual censorship and cultural control. Our current state is abdicating their responsibilities in this very important area of life.

Back