1973 George Foreman vs 2010 Wladimir Klitschko

Hanz_Blitz

BJJ all day
Banned
Reaction score
Very simple, who takes it?

I know Wlad has a glass jaw and Foreman is one of the biggest punchers of all-time but Wlad could also most definitely box circles around George(literally) so could Wlad dance to a UD or would a prime young and hungry George catch him inside of 12?

Foreman would kill em, the everytime Wlad would try to clinch would just shrug him off and unload.

I just keep getting a mental image of George catching Wlad straight on the jawline at some point in this matchup.
Sure, Wlad can certainly try to box around George, but I'd have my money on Foreman knocking him out.

You realize that George Foreman was one of the best HW's in a time where the boxing HW division was argueably the strongest ever

Currently the boxing HW division pretty much sucks. There is no star power, no interest, and no boxers that will be talked about twenty years from now. Klitschko is like the Tim Slyvia of boxing, while George Foreman is more like the Cro Cop

I really like Wlad and think he doesn't get the respect he deserves because of how weak and unbalanced the HW division is in all of boxing but he has nothing to rely on to soundly beat a prime Foreman. He does not have the chin to do a rope-a-dope. He does not have the speed to break away from an aggressive Foreman and his solid defense is offset by Foreman's juggernaut power shots that will undoubtedly rattle Wlad's will and confidence before rattling his brain to a vicious KO.

George Foreman. I just don't see how in any way shape or form Wlad would pull out any kind of victory outside of a blatant DQ. There are no secrets to boxing from the 1970's to the 2010 that would give Vlad the advantage, except advance cardio techniques and exercises.

As far as skill, power, durability, heart -- George is right near the top of the list of the all-time great boxers. His chin can handle a barrage of power punches from the best of them, Wlad cannot does not have the speed or footwork to outmaneuver George for 5 rounds straight let alone 12 rounds.

George eventually catches Wlad and KO's him late IMO.

Don't sell Wlad short though. He'd give ANY heavyweight in history trouble.

It wouldn't even be a contest, Foreman would KO him in the first . You're talking about a guy who KO'd a tough motherfucker like Frazier...in 2 rounds

Wlad could probablly walk around jab and 1-2 his was through a few rounds before Foreman eventually puts his lights out. Wlad is the stronger technical fighter so that should buy him the early rounds upright but George had a good jab and he would probably get his paws on Wlad before long. I think Wlad is out cold by round 5 or 6 and it might be a bit frightening.

Young George by unreal power, old George might even take it too. Wlad is a good boxer, but he is hittable. And that kind of power doesnt require too many hits.

Foreman wins by KO, as big George is gonna land at some point.

Wlad easy~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-2 clinch, back when clinching was considered good defense

He'd have 30 pounds on young george and be faster

Back