19-year-old Schwarzenegger bench-pressed 374 lbs (170 kg).

I only ever took protein powder, creatine, and glucosamine. At 19 you don't need any steroids/peds because the amount you produce naturally at that age is more than enough
Partly true.
Actually, if one's formation rate for dihydrotestosterone is low, then it is always low, even when one is young.

I like how many of the top pro bodybuilders back in the day were also strength enthusiast, even at a young age.

I like how many of the top pro bodybuilders back in the day were also strength enthusiast, even at a young age.

Well I guess before people were talking twelve different steroids in a cycle for bodybuilding they had to be really strong to build that amount of muscle. It's the foundation that the rest of the house is built on

I mean is that supposed to be impressive?
This guy benched 160kg at 18 years old.
Hes only 5'10 and at the time was only 86kgs
Getty18Feb__Digby_IoaneREDS_fct587x443x180x85_ct1880x930.jpg

This guy did 180kg at 22 years old
he's only 5'7 and 85kg.

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Well I guess before people were talking twelve different steroids in a cycle for bodybuilding they had to be really strong to build that amount of muscle. It's the foundation that the rest of the house is built on

Arnold used to compete in weightlifting and powerlifting.

Don’t be dumb. Any elite level bodybuilder out there is strong and most are stronger than Arnold ever was. Arnold wasn’t that strong.

Time moves on, the bar gets raised.

There's a boy at my kids school, he's 14 yrs old, 5' 6"and weighs 68kg. He benched 100kg (220lb) the other day (my son showed me the lift on instagram, his height/weight etc. were on the post which is how I know them - lift looked legit to me).

Is that more or less impressive...?

World bench press record holder Travis Marsh says the push press is more important for athletes.........

I will say that the non pro guys that were juicing at the powerlifting gym I used to go to weren't out benching me for whatever that's worth.
Nothing, because there are a million factors that contribute to that comparison.

As I’ve said, lots of guys on steroids are still insanely, mind blowingly weak.

I mean is that supposed to be impressive?
This guy benched 160kg at 18 years old.
Hes only 5'10 and at the time was only 86kgs
Getty18Feb__Digby_IoaneREDS_fct587x443x180x85_ct1880x930.jpg

This guy did 180kg at 22 years old
he's only 5'7 and 85kg.

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
If only they played a sport that mattered...

Back