Economy 19 Million Public Employees Cost Taxpayers Nearly $1 Trillion

That’s a whopping 52,631.58 per year average.
Whoopity fuckin do
But it sounds much more impressive when you say words like Million and Trillion!

what about say National Parks?

they literally have volunteer only right now here at Joshua Tree National Park, and thus the campgrounds had to be closed due to excess trash buildup, damage, and other things

I get that's not technically an 'essential service', but things in certain Federal Depts are being heavily effected
I mean ffs the Coast Guard isn't even being paid right now

I happen to enjoy national parks, and I would list them as a higher priority than, for example, an entitlement program to give out cellular telephones and computers to people who cannot otherwise afford them. But the basic fact of the matter is people don't need the government in order to enjoy national parks. National parks include things like nature and monuments after all. If the government's role in managing the parks were limited to picking up trash, general maintenance, and enforcing laws, the budget wouldn't be large enough to cut meaningfully. But as it stands, we're talking about the entire Washington DC infrastructure of the National Parks Service and various other initiatives / divisions, such as the Natural Sounds and Night Skies Division (that special government agency in charge of making sure nature sounds okay, and that the sky looks alright in the national parks).

I get what you're saying tho. I do enjoy when the government does nice things.

Back