18yr old purple belt Tainan Dalpra submits black belt Bill Cooper

Try vaping a sativa. 2 hits. Just give it a try.

That's literally the main way I consume marijuana (I don't like to get really stoned). It just doesn't do much for me on the mats. But if it works for you, cool. I have nothing against rolling with people who have taken a few hits before stepping on the mat.

Wouldn’t be shocked at all . High school football , baseball , wrestlers , and basketball players do . Why not full time Bjj bums/ teens like this kid ? No testing? Hell I may have at his age too if I was that into the scene.

at least in football, baseball and basketball there is millions upon millions if you buck all the odds. If you buck the BJJ odds you get a walmart medal. LOL

at least in football, baseball and basketball there is millions upon millions if you buck all the odds. If you buck the BJJ odds you get a walmart medal. LOL

I'm pretty sure that the top level guys in BJJ earn a lot more than a walmart medal. Galvao won't fight Gordon for 300k$ so I doubt he is dirt poor.

There are a couple people in my gym that come in high occasionally and every single one of them roll worse but are completely unaware of it. Don’t mistake having more fun with having a better roll.

Now that this thread is at the top, if anyone can watch the co-main event from that Third Coast event last night (Bill Cooper vs Victor Pozas) do yourself a favor and check it out. Has to be a top 10 fun no-gi match I've seen in that past few years. It's got everything. Takedowns and reversals. Sweep/pass play. Upper and lower body sub attempts. Coop always puts on a show and I have never heard of Pozas before but he was a blast to watch also and was game as hell.

I'm pretty sure that the top level guys in BJJ earn a lot more than a walmart medal. Galvao won't fight Gordon for 300k$ so I doubt he is dirt poor.

That isn’t from winning medals. How much do they earn competing? Do you think Steph curry makes the bulk of his earnings from his basketball schools or DVD sales?

That isn’t from winning medals. How much do they earn competing? Do you think Steph curry makes the bulk of his earnings from his basketball schools or DVD sales?
Winning medals helps to sell seminars. Sure you could be a good snake oil salesmen and bullshit people and sell the self defense BJJ or different trash but selling bullshit is also a skill (which can build fortunes and if you master it get you to the Oval Office).

Sure you will earn an order of magnitude less in BJJ then in some other sports but people on sherdog seem to claim if you are a BJJ world champion you will starve.

Winning medals helps to sell seminars. Sure you could be a good snake oil salesmen and bullshit people and sell the self defense BJJ or different trash but selling bullshit is also a skill (which can build fortunes and if you master it get you to the Oval Office).

Sure you will earn an order of magnitude less in BJJ then in some other sports but people on sherdog seem to claim if you are a BJJ world champion you will starve.

Id say it's more a question of fat tails; if you're a medalist you can get cache, but in this sense it's a lot like trying to make a living playing electronic games professionally as well; there's millions of people in competition, but only one of them can be champion, and if you're not part of the fraction of a fraction that's winning majors you more or less have to support yourself by other or additional means. On the other hand, in large entities like the national football league, even second string benchwarmers are making six figures yearly.

Tainan is already far beyond the level of you average black belt school owner. So even if something bad derails him it's likely he could make a modest living teaching BJJ somewhere. I don't know about NFL but something like soccer is obviously a better career than BJJ (the top guys make bank and even the trash level guys also make a good living).

Yo no one is moving goal posts cuz some shitty older practioner cant beat a beastly kid. I think it's fine the way it is. Get good, stop bitching

Yo no one is moving goal posts cuz some shitty older practioner cant beat a beastly kid. I think it's fine the way it is. Get good, stop bitching
Your post is on point except the bolded. Bill is one of only like 5 or 6 American men to ever make the finals at the Mundials. Pretty sure it's only been BJ, Rafael, Bill, JT, Edwin, and Mikey.

There are a couple people in my gym that come in high occasionally and every single one of them roll worse but are completely unaware of it. Don’t mistake having more fun with having a better roll.
It does help some people get out of their heads and/or become more creative. I definitely roll better high but I don't like to feel high so to me the benefit isn't enough to make me want to smoke before rolling. But it's a mistake to assume because you've seen more people roll worse while being high that it means that's the case for everyone.

Your post is on point except the bolded. Bill is one of only like 5 or 6 American men to ever make the finals at the Mundials. Pretty sure it's only been BJ, Rafael, Bill, JT, Edwin, and Mikey.

It does help some people get out of their heads and/or become more creative. I definitely roll better high but I don't like to feel high so to me the benefit isn't enough to make me want to smoke before rolling. But it's a mistake to assume because you've seen more people roll worse while being high that it means that's the case for everyone.
Nah i wasnt even referring to bill. That dude is a legend. I just meant a 25 yr old who gets his pushed in by a 17 yr old and screams no fair

guess I have gyno too then, and also used roids without knowing it. tainted protein shake maybe?

Lol they are probably just bad.

guess I have gyno too then, and also used roids without knowing it. tainted protein shake maybe?

Apparently I used to have it as well and also used steroids at some point without knowing. No, but mine was from bulking which I read can cause it. I went from like 115 to 150 and got slight Gyno. Had it for like 9 years after that and I just recently noticed that it's pretty much gone now. I used to have to pinch my nips and it would go away but you can't even notice now.

It's beyond pathetic when TDS leaks into the grappling sub.

Tainan is already far beyond the level of you average black belt school owner. So even if something bad derails him it's likely he could make a modest living teaching BJJ somewhere. I don't know about NFL but something like soccer is obviously a better career than BJJ (the top guys make bank and even the trash level guys also make a good living).
Actually no. Very low tier soccer teams pay minimum wage, many times the athletes have another job.

Actually no. Very low tier soccer teams pay minimum wage, many times the athletes have another job.
Aren't those athletes below trash level? What I mean is that usually only the best of the best can make money in sports.

Back