182 Just Reminded Me How Great Vitor & Machida Are

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
woah-thumb.jpg

Vitor's near sub and Machida's first round. Jones is the measuring stick. I wonder how Weidman would do.

182 made just reminded you?

Let me just made you reminded that styles makes fights and young fighters do improve

Vitor was really close. If the didn't let go of that armbar......

Weidman gets beat badly

Vitor was really close. If the didn't let go of that armbar......

He just had to turn it into a belly-down SAMBO style armbar. Jones did not defend it properly by extending his arm.

Also, I wish Sonnen was able to last another 30 seconds. That would been funny.

Is Machida vs Jones 1st the most round the most exaggerated round ever?

Vitor and Machida got destroyed. Cormier at least made it a dog fight.

And yes, Vitor was close in a moment, but it was probably a fluke. Jones completely shut him down after that.

Neither will be champion any time soon and age may make it impossible at all

woah-thumb.jpg

Vitor's near sub and Machida's first round. Jones is the measuring stick. I wonder how Weidman would do.

Watching DC go 5 rounds with the champ reminded you of how good Machida did laying on the canvas unconscious and Vitor losing every round and getting submitted?

Strong logic...

vitor got absolutely destroyed, he won all of about 10 seconds in the entire fight before he was finished. thats if you call a failed submission attempt winning. and machida may or may not have won the most inactive round of jones career... before he was finished. if anything 182 should make you think, gee that dc guy is pretty damn good.

Uh Machidas first round was nothing compared to any round in this one. And I'm a huge Machida fan.

Vitor had one close moment then gave up. Not really a performance to hold on a pedestal.

I remember TS saying before the fight that DC was going to control the fight. Care to take that back, TS?

If Jones Beats the GUS/Rumble winner I will say yes for sure, As he has cleared the Top 5 and 5-10 have no shot against him, Alex is the only fighter that he did not defeat without question beating the winner of this match regardless of the result will fix that.

Machida's a stud no doubt.

Vitor had one good moment and when he didn't finish it, he got his ass whipped by a one armed Bones. I don't even dislike Vitor, but that's what happened. That single moment is all some people seem to remember of the fight but he didn't win with it and it was all Jones for the rest of the fight.

I will say that this shows how damn good Gus is though. That was one hell of a fight. They'll fight again soon and we'll see if Gus had the fight of his life that time or if he can bring it to that level once again.

Back