18 Things 90s kids realize now

Does scholastic still have book fairs at schools? I remember when book fair season cane around I'd scour the handouts for books that interested me and then hound my parents for money.

Ahh the good old days

yes!!!

scholastic books are where i really learned the most. my parents subscribed to their magazine, so my sister and i would go through all of them.

my sister and i still reminiscence about those books to this day.

Give me an "amen" if you...

...used 70% of your wagon's weight capacity for bullets and stopped constantly to hunt
...never used any other pace other than "grueling," even when your team was dying of malaria or whatever
...tried to take every river without using the ferry and consequently capsized your wagon every other time

Amen to that.

Also that one about Keenen and Kel is funny. "The other one is no where to be seen."..... yeah... that's because he's..... DEAD!

ff3_usa.jpg

Best ever.

Kid Chameleon is the dopest

That was a really good game. I beat the game but there was this one level if I could not beat if I got warped to it. I think it was called bloody spike swamp or something like that.

2nd list made more sense to me. I'm sort of a late 80's early 90s kid. First list was a little after my time.

I'm right there with you. Though younger siblings does get me some of the first list stuff.

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-air !

hqdefault.jpg

5428010324_dcb62a0a60_o.jpg

storybookweaver.png

all-the-right-type-9.jpg

O1_Overgrowth_Deck.jpg

Born in 1990 so I skipped all the filler and got all the good shit

Hilarious that people still get nostalgic about a horrible decade. Protip: it seems awesome because you were a kid, not because it was awesome. In 10 years, your 9gag or reddits or whatever websites you use are going to be talking about how awesome the 00s were, and how 00s kids were the best.

#1 is easily that our parents were 100% about "sagging" and overly baggy jeans. It's dumber than a bleached blonde.

sears_zpse1953228.jpg

Hilarious that people still get nostalgic about a horrible decade. Protip: it seems awesome because you were a kid, not because it was awesome. In 10 years, your 9gag or reddits or whatever websites you use are going to be talking about how awesome the 00s were, and how 00s kids were the best.

I agree, the 90's sucked. The early 90's were ok though.

To this day, it's still a debate on if my first crush was Amy Jo or Kelly Kapowski. Both of them were hot as fuck. Surprised there was no mention of the yellow ranger being Asian and the black ranger being...athletic and explosive. Btw..Ivan Ooze is one of the GOAT villains.

I remember back when we had closing ceremonies for little league, it was our first penis measuring contest by who would bring the biggest super soakers.

Us 80's kids grew up without the internet or cell phones and didn't really start seeing that till we were in high school. I spent the majority of my youth outside doing all kinds of fun stupid stuff.

The kids that grew up with cell phones and internet have no idea what it was like. It was truly magical lol.

Us 80's kids grew up without the internet or cell phones and didn't really start seeing that till we were in high school. I spent the majority of my youth outside doing all kinds of fun stupid stuff.

The kids that grew up with cell phones and internet have no idea what it was like. It was truly magical lol.

I think as a guy born in 1990, I was part of the last generation that can claim this.

Anyone born after, say, '94 can't say that.

Power Rangers, Pokemon, Recess and WWF were the shit at school.

I got whiplash from when a kid did a Stone Cold Stunner on me :cool:

Used to get into fights over who'd be which Ranger, or which guy from Beast Wars.

EDIT: Oh and that Eric Koston vid a few pages back has made me wanna get THPS 2 out again.

I think if kids were suddenly transported to when I was a kid, they'd think they were being abused or neglected. I'd love to set my daughter up with the old Atari for an afternoon.

TMNT 4: Turtles in Time, had me addicted.

It was so much fun that I would still play it now if I still had my SNES.

It was a very fun game although I found it quite a bit easier than TMNT 2. TMNT 3 was also easier than TMNT 2, similar in difficulty to TMNT 4 I think.

If you liked the game that much then I know there's a remake available on PS3, one of my buddies has it. The graphics are redone and it's 3D, but it plays the same more or less. The levels also seem to be the same from what I recall of the SNES version, though I only played up to the sewer level on the new one. Those fucking floating spike balls... :mad:

Edit: Just realized this was an old thread and I'd already commented on TMNT 4 about a month and a half ago. Oh well, it is worth two posts.

Last edited:
Going from Mega Drive (Genesis) to Saturn to Dreamcast blew me away when I was a kid...that and streaming as opposed to waiting for an hour for a video to load...

funny how people who were losers in the 90s are still complaining about them.

80s and 90s were great and better than anything to follow

funny how people who were losers in the 90s are still complaining about them.

80s and 90s were great and better than anything to follow

No, they weren't, and no, they aren't. The 00s and 10s were just as good as the 90s and the 80s. In a decades time, you'll be seeing people posting a picture of Angry Birds with the caption: "If you remember this, you had an awesome childhood!" and talking about how they miss "epic" shows like Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother, like how 90s kids now talk about Boy Meets World and Friends.

It was always shit.

Back