18 million views on Ronda's fight so far

Lol @ the Ronda haters in this thread. Why are SO many of you threatened by a female fighter? I really don't understand how you can be THAT insecure.

Ronda is the biggest thing in MMA right now, bar none. This isn't even a debate. Literally every single person I spoke to last night at night and after brought Rousey's fight up. Even on social media, nearly every post I read was about UFC 190.

Not only is she an extremely well-known fighter, but she's also become a huge inspiration and role model for women. I've seen countless posts from teenagers, young adults, and even older women claiming Ronda to be their role model.

A woman is the biggest star in MMA right now. Deal with it you fat meathead fucks.

I'm sure I'll be accused of 'whiteknighting' too :icon_lol:

would pay PPV price to watch you mauled to death by a 115 lb woman. Wouldn't be disgusted by witnessing a death in the cage.

He'd never sign the contract. He'd be too terrified at the thought of being that close to a woman.

Connor did close to a million buys a few weeks ago, kid. Jones vs. Cormier did the same last year with an even weaker undercard.

What's your next excuse?

Those fights had 4 times the amount of marketing. Jones vs. cormier benefited from an out of competition brawl.

Both sides of this debate are idiots.

Ronda is a moderately good draw on fight night, but she also appeals to a wider base of people than just fight fans and so she's damn good - much better than her PPV numbers would suggest - for the UFC promotion.

I have no reason to shill for Rousey. I don't like or watch WMMA, and when the UFC first started promoting women's MMA I didn't think it would be a draw at all.

But the numbers don't lie. Ronda's proven she's a moderately good draw.

On the other hand, she's still no GSP or Brock Lesnar on fight night, and I see no reason to believe Dana's bullshit when he says UFC 190 is trending better than UFC 189. Rousey's PPV numbers have always been highly respectable but not record-shattering, and there's no reason to think last night was different for some reason.

I'm surprised you think that. Factor in how TMZ the country is already. When it the last time anyone talked shit to Rousey let alone that they'd beat her? And (whether intentional or not) made it personal with the suicide and told her not to cry when she knocks her out and blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this fight drew a lot more attention than normal simply due to what gets people attention. Especially on the part of the Internet where what is "trending" can be tracked.

It's that kind of world friend. And i am a Rousey fan. I also said from the beginning this was a joke fight. But Bethe was smart to start that 4 horsewoman thing. I knew as soon as that started this day would come eventually and people would be all over it.

is it still up? surprised Zuffa didn't pull it.

Smart move though.

Is it usual for fights to be put up on Facebook or Youtube or whatever immediately after they happen and before the UFC can get them taken down? No one I know watches the fights so they don't post that kind of stuff... Seems BRUTAL for the UFC if 18 million people are interested in seeing it but can just see it for free like that...

would pay PPV price to watch you mauled to death by a 115 lb woman. Wouldn't be disgusted by witnessing a death in the cage.

Wont happen, not all of us are obese on here

Is it usual for fights to be put up on Facebook or Youtube or whatever immediately after they happen and before the UFC can get them taken down? No one I know watches the fights so they don't post that kind of stuff... Seems BRUTAL for the UFC if 18 million people are interested in seeing it but can just see it for free like that...

It is just way to easy for a 30 second clip to go viral. And nobody is paying $60 just to see the KO. The UFC is better off reaping the publicity from it. IMO anyway. Who knows, maybe it is being pulled as I am typing this? lol

It is just way to easy for a 30 second clip to go viral. And nobody is paying $60 just to see the KO. The UFC is better off reaping the publicity from it. IMO anyway. Who knows, maybe it is being pulled as I am typing this? lol

I actually agree with you about the publicity but maybe they do really well on PPV replays and they don't want to lose those? I don't know. It's funny though because if they change their model to pivot away from PPVs and do all their major fights on network tv then they'd probably dream of that kinda viral marketing.

[IMG "Dont Cry" gif IMG]

I was looking for that gif... before I made my own pic.

e69a1l.jpg

I'm surprised you think that. Factor in how TMZ the country is already. When it the last time anyone talked shit to Rousey let alone that they'd beat her? And (whether intentional or not) made it personal with the suicide and told her not to cry when she knocks her out and blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this fight drew a lot more attention than normal simply due to what gets people attention. Especially on the part of the Internet where what is "trending" can be tracked.

I thought that fight hype was mild stuff. But we'll soon know which of us was right when the PPV numbers come out.

Ronda's PPV numbers in the UFC up until last night:

UFC 157 - 450,000

UFC 168 - 1,025,000 (Weidman v Silva II)

UFC 170 - 350,000

UFC 175 - 545,000

UFC 184 - 590,000

All of those numbers are respectable. Even the 350K for UFC 170 is a good number for a relatively new division.

Clearly, however, the million PPVs for UFC 168 were driven primarily by fans curious to see whether Silva could take back his belt from the only serious competition he'd faced in the Octagon.

When GSP drew only 625,000 buys against Hendricks, people were worried.

Everyone loves amazing highlights. Of course she has lots of social media hits/views. Everyone who posted on my social media would never buy a UFC.

When GSP drew only 625,000 buys against Hendricks, people were worried.

Yes, and GSP drew 800K against Jake Shields of all people.

And if he were to come back out of his semi-retirement to fight the equivalent of Jake Shields next week, he'd still probably draw 800K.

And if he came back to fight Anderson, he'd draw 1.5 million.

Ronda's a good draw, and she might have wider commercial appeal than GSP, but she's not the biggest draw on fight night.

Rousey's PPV numbers have always been highly respectable but not record-shattering, and there's no reason to think last night was different for some reason.

You realize she is getting more popular by the event. Meaning she is a lot more popular now than she was 7 months ago.

Im not saying she is generating Lesnar numbers yet but it's stupid to think you can predict her PPV buys based on what she did in previous events.

Back