16oz Boxeo Boxing Gloves

Bold statement DS! I guess it makes me want to try campeon all the more!

Damn! I dunno if id sell mine. I still havent gotten them im sure ill just own both lol!

Thanks for the review. That's a very nice yellow and i like the fact that they use welted seams on the side.

I see I'm not the only one ripping up packages and trying out gloves while in driving.

I can see it now... Man dies in fatal head on collision wearing yellow boxing gloves, more news at 11.

I did the same thing when I got my reyes. one of the best moments of my personal history with gear have happened in the car. lol

Haha every time I get a package in the mail or have to pick it up I open it like a maniac. I fully expect to go fucking insane when I get my gold Winning gloves, headgear and groin protector haha. When I got my Everlast Angle Bag in the mail a couple years ago (it's the Teddy Atlas one, which I must say is pretty nice actually) I saw the FedEx guy struggling to carry it so I just ran outside and took it from him and signed the stuff.
It's almost always the same UPS and FedEx guy so they know me by name and always know it's some boxing equipment that's coming to my house haha

Nice review man!
On these hybrid gloves, do you just loosely tie up the laces so you can slip your wrapped hands into the glove, then tighten them the rest of the way with the velcro?
Or do you have someone help you get them on?

Nice review man!
On these hybrid gloves, do you just loosely tie up the laces so you can slip your wrapped hands into the glove, then tighten them the rest of the way with the velcro?
Or do you have someone help you get them on?

Thanks man :)
I have them tied fairly tight, I just have really small wrists so I can slide my hands in lol. Which is why I'm just so shocked that the wrist support is as solid as it is. When I get more Boxeo gloves eventually I'm definitely going for the hybrids and possibly just a pair of velcro only.

Did not get any Zepol... yet haha. I'm going to get a pair of Campeon next though and Zepol last. Mexican brand gloves I have a Cleto Reyes (12oz), Casanova (16oz) and Boxeo (16oz)

I read somewhere that Campeon and Casanova are exactly the same - do you know differently?

Campeon has stuffed cloth wrist padding and is more stiffer on the wrist so you will punch straighter and not be able to clinch well. Fist padding still as soft as boxeo since it's goat leather also. It will be hard to get your hand in so a wrist strap would be good.

If you try those two, you won't want to keep your zepol as zepol is more springy and bigger along the wrist if you like room in there.

Does the padding afford some protection against blows (such as kicks) or is it just enough to keep you from bending your wrist?

I read somewhere that Campeon and Casanova are exactly the same - do you know differently?

They looked fairly similar when I looked at them on the Grupo Hamd website but I'm pretty sure Casanova doesn't do any custom work, I know Campeon does. If they are similar to my Casanova or exactly the same with just a different name I'd be happy because I love my Casanova gloves haha. They were the first great pair of gloves I ever purchased so I have a soft spot for em haha.

Campeon has stuffed cloth wrist padding and is more stiffer on the wrist so you will punch straighter and not be able to clinch well. Fist padding still as soft as boxeo since it's goat leather also. It will be hard to get your hand in so a wrist strap would be good.

If you try those two, you won't want to keep your zepol as zepol is more springy and bigger along the wrist if you like room in there.

Do you have custom colours on the campeon? Was torn between choosing between the zepol's and campeon's. From pictures it seems like the colour and quality on the zepols is a lot better than campeons, is that the case from what you have seen from both gloves?

Does the padding afford some protection against blows (such as kicks) or is it just enough to keep you from bending your wrist?

Both

Do you have custom colours on the campeon? Was torn between choosing between the zepol's and campeon's. From pictures it seems like the colour and quality on the zepols is a lot better than campeons, is that the case from what you have seen from both gloves?

Yes both can do custom colors. The quality and colors are slightly better on the Zepols, but the wrist padding sucks on the zepols compared to campeons and boxeo. Not a big deal though unless you spar hard.

They looked fairly similar when I looked at them on the Grupo Hamd website but I'm pretty sure Casanova doesn't do any custom work, I know Campeon does. If they are similar to my Casanova or exactly the same with just a different name I'd be happy because I love my Casanova gloves haha. They were the first great pair of gloves I ever purchased so I have a soft spot for em haha.

That's a good way of looking at it. I noticed the difference in custom design options as well. I figure if I can get a custom colorway I can make sure the thumb isn't attached as well.

Both

Yes both can do custom colors. The quality and colors are slightly better on the Zepols, but the wrist padding sucks on the zepols compared to campeons and boxeo. Not a big deal though unless you spar hard.

Thanks for the reply. I'd be buying 12oz for pad work so don't think wrist protection should be an issue.

That's a good way of looking at it. I noticed the difference in custom design options as well. I figure if I can get a custom colorway I can make sure the thumb isn't attached as well.

Can be free thumb, in M

I really love the free thumb on mine, since I bought my couple pairs of Shevlin gloves I've always loved unattached thumbs on gloves. I have an older Ringside pair of Super Bag Gloves that have unattached thumbs also.
For me in sparring gloves the unattached thumbs make it easier to parry and open and close the glove.. but I also just like that my thumb doesn't sit in an awkward position.

Hey Juan, what would you say are the benefits of having a free thumb?

Personally it is for comfort, when I train I can open the whole hand to relax and rest, IMO Boxeo, Campeon and Zepol gloves with attached thumb gives you almost the same comfort, but I prefer free thumb, jajajajaja
I have a pair of Zepol with attached thumb and they are very fine to rest and relax and to catch hits, but I use more the ones with free thumb.

Back