16oz Boxeo Boxing Gloves

DrDoom

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys! I decided to write up a quick review on my Boxeo gloves, I ordered them from Juan (Technoir) and I'd just like to say this now even though it's been said a million times before. Juan is easily my favorite gear dealer to do business with, I never once felt like I was being annoying or hassling him when I'd send email after email asking questions and changing my mind.

Okay so onto the review, I got my gloves last Friday and have used them everyday since then for sparring and I also hit the bag with them the first few days to try em out (I just couldn't resist!) I originally ordered them in gold but Juan told me they didn't have any gold colored leather in stock and if I wanted it'd be a week until they got it but I was so anxious to get my gloves I just opted for yellow (which was my 2nd choice anyways.) The smell upon picking up my package from the post office was just so strong, much like my Casanova gloves when I picked those up nearly two years ago. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the gloves so I tore open the box in my car like a maniac and tried them on in the car and noticed how snug and comfortable they were.. drove straight to the gym to hit the bag.
I use 2x LeRoy wraps and knuckle guards with every pair of gloves I own, I'm big on protecting my knuckles after injuring my hands working and these gloves do not disappoint at all in the knuckle protection or even in the wrist's. I figured they may not have the greatest wrist protection since they are hybrid gloves (lace-up and velcro strap) but I was so wrong! These are basically the perfect glove for me in my opinion, comfortable, protective and just look awesome! I honestly have not one complaint about these gloves at all!
My sparring partners looked at them like they may have been some cheap gloves at first and one even asked where the hell they came from and if Boxeo was a legit brand and why I'd be using anything other than my Winning's for sparring but after using them literally everybody I worked with was asking where I got them and how much they cost. I can honestly say these are a 10/10 for me, I love everything about them and cannot stress that enough, I can't find one thing wrong with these gloves and believe me when I get a pair of gloves I look for something wrong just so I can point it out and help others in their future purchases if they are interested in them.
I'm definitely ordering more from Juan in the next few months seeing as I'm setting up a home gym for myself and also most of the people who train at the gym, so I'm going to be purchasing some more gloves as possible loaners for my friends who don't have sparring gloves.

gloves2.jpg

Gloves1.jpg

To purchase a pair

I love Mexican style gloves and those look like a lot of fun to use

To purchase a pair

I love Mexican style gloves and those look like a lot of fun to use

You can send Technoir on here a PM or you can email him at [email protected]

You definitely will not be disappointed with Juan's service at all, he's awesome to deal with and extremely extremely helpful!

DrD i forgot did u purchase Zepols from juan? If so how would u rate boxeo vs Zepol

Did not get any Zepol... yet haha. I'm going to get a pair of Campeon next though and Zepol last. Mexican brand gloves I have a Cleto Reyes (12oz), Casanova (16oz) and Boxeo (16oz)

Nice! So far i only have cleto reyes and i love em! I ordered zepols and they are in the mail as we speak from juan. I want a pair of 12oz next! I wish campeon or casanova did custom work :(. But if the zepol turn out awesome ill just go them again!

I didn't like the first pair of Cleto Reyes I got, but I bought another pair for bag work and I love em! I wanna get a pair of Grey with Gold cuff Campeon gloves and I'll be getting more Boxeo gloves eventually. Let me know how you like the Zepol gloves, I'm definitely looking forward to ordering a pair soon.

Thanks for the review! You had the opposite colour problem as me lol.

Yeah i promised everyone a review soon as i get em. Yeah, my experience with cleto has been a flawless one. Also doom does campeon do custom work?! I coulda swore they dont

Yeah just got checked out pg 9, no custom stuff :(

Yeah i promised everyone a review soon as i get em. Yeah, my experience with cleto has been a flawless one. Also doom does campeon do custom work?! I coulda swore they dont

When I asked Juan about the Campeons he said the only thing they don't do is a split thumb. I believe they can do colours of your choice along with a split palm.

Campeon has stuffed cloth wrist padding and is more stiffer on the wrist so you will punch straighter and not be able to clinch well. Fist padding still as soft as boxeo since it's goat leather also. It will be hard to get your hand in so a wrist strap would be good.

If you try those two, you won't want to keep your zepol as zepol is more springy and bigger along the wrist if you like room in there.

Back