166 tale of the curses?

ZuffaExecutive

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So as we all know cormier will lose to Nelson cause of the mir curse you beat him you lose your next fight.

When Junior lost to cain people totally overlooked the fact Jds was under the mir curse,but he was also under anthor curse the Blackbelt curse,any champion who gets his blackbelt invariably loses there next fight.

Jds got his blackbelt just before the cain fight and lost his belt,Benson got his blackbelt and lost his belt.

Well now cain has been granted his Blackbelt,so we will invariably see a new champion crowned on saturday,you heard it here first the Curse of the Blackbelt.

The Mir curse is a scary thing indeed, how far back can its lineage be traced?

The problem with the Mir curse is that Carwin and Lesnar both beat Mir before fighting each other. Lesnar at UFC 100 and Carwin at 111. So, one of them had to lose and the other had to win (as there was no draw.)

But yes, Ian Freeman lost his next fight after he beat Mir at UFC 38.
Marcio Cruz lost his next after beating Mir at 57.
Vera lost after beating Mir at 65
Carwin lost after beating Mir at 111.
JDS lost after beating Mir at 146.
Cormier may be next?

Lesnar is the only one to survive the Mir curse, but maybe it's because he lost to Mir the first time they fought?

The problem with the Mir curse is that Carwin and Lesnar both beat Mir before fighting each other. Lesnar at UFC 100 and Carwin at 111. So, one of them had to lose and the other had to win (as there was no draw.)

Yes and neither ever won again and retired on losses due to the unholiness of 2 mir curse victims clashing,the curse is still strong

But that is where you are wrong, Carwin may have lost that fight, but Lesnar was already losing another fight...the fight with his Diverticulitis.

JDS via armbar from the bottom, you heard it here first.

I hope the curse holds true. I want to see Cormier lose...

Well I dont really want to see Cormier lose to someone like Nelson but since it's such a pointless matchup it would be fun to see it

Interesting theory about the blackbelt haha. Let's just hope Cain doesn't walk to the cage with a gi on.

Didn't Barao get his blackbelt while holding the interim belt?

georges didnt lose his fight after he got his black belt. so i'm not really sure about the black belt curse.

however the mir curse terrifies me at night.

If DC and Cain actually lose I'll lol and never doubt the Mir curse again.

Miocic killed Nelson's momentum and now Cormier losing to Nelson would derail him even worse

haha this shit actually made me even more excited about the fights :D

So as we all know cormier will lose to Nelson cause of the mir curse you beat him you lose your next fight.

When Junior lost to cain people totally overlooked the fact Jds was under the mir curse,but he was also under anthor curse the Blackbelt curse,any champion who gets his blackbelt invariably loses there next fight.

Jds got his blackbelt just before the cain fight and lost his belt,Benson got his blackbelt and lost his belt.

Well now cain has been granted his Blackbelt,so we will invariably see a new champion crowned on saturday,you heard it here first the Curse of the Blackbelt.

Any more examples of this blackbelt curse? I love shit like this.

The mir curse lives on. The blackbelt curse may need time to get stronger.

I now hope that overeem defeats mir. Cause you know...

Oh shit! Mir got his blackbelt after beating Arlovski and lost his next fight too. TS is on to something.

Back