• super middleweight, 195
• light heavyweight, 205
• super light heavyweight, 215
• cruiserweight, 225
• super cruiserweight, 245
• heavyweight, 265
• super heavyweight, unlimited
You trying to kill the sport ....seems like it lol

I just think they need a 165 and change 170 to 175 and we’re set.

Dana continues to say “nope” about creating a 165 division. What happens if the fighters to it anyways?

Let’s say Nate Diaz vs Dan Hooker gets made for 155 or 170. Both fighters chat with each other and agree to come in at 165. At weigh-in’s, both fighters tip the scales at 165, Diaz likely flipping off Dana! lol

Next fighters do the same and more do the same. What can UFC do? They typically fine the fighter who missed and give it to the opponent, both fighters offset that in this scenario.

I guess the only impact would be on title fights.
we already have WW. there are too many divisions

They don't get paid the same so no it doesn't offset. It's also the athletic commission not the UFC that fines them and the UFC will not offer them fights at 155 if they will come in at 165 on purpose as well as you will never get a title fight in any weight class if you don't make the weight so again it's pointless to do this.
Are you sure about that?
bJH.gif

Heavyweight.

Pay me all the money I just did all the heavy lifting for you UFC

Personally I don't think we'll see it till regional and smaller organizations adopt it. When's the last time UFC made a division without smaller orgs to supplement it? The have enough fighters on their roster but without shaking up up two whole divisions it's impossible to kick off. Now if they could pretty much create a top 10 outside of the roster they currently have and just let a couple guys trickle in at a time, then yes they'd probably move to 155/165/175 divisions
Good point.

He missed so many times it had to be intentional didn't it? LOL
2x Inna row and one was an actual title fight And then he got a title fight after the next miss and coming of 2 losses. Dude my logic doesn't exist anymore.lmao

Replacing 170lbs with 165lbs and 175lbs is probably the only significant shift to extra divisions I can see in the near future, higher weightclasses if anything were more likely to see fewer divisions not more.

If it happened I'd imagine Mas vs Colby for the 165lbs title, Usman becomes 175lbs champ.

Back