16 year old Rory Mac KOTC fight

lol, do we know each other, or something?

No, I don't know you, but I have seen plenty of shitty posts from you, so I have come to expect them from you. BJ Penn was at a higher level? If you say so. The sport has changed and became so much better that it is not really comparable. There is a reason a prime BJ was taken out by Edgar, and left LW, and has continued to pile up losses showing he is really not much of a threat to the better fighters of this generation. When Rory is done, I expect his career to blow BJ's completely out of the water, and that will include what he has done early in his career as well. Jon Jones is a phenom, but again, he went into a shallower LHW division that had a revolving door of title changing hands over a 3 year span. He didn't enter into a division that had one of the most dominant champions at the top of his game, and then take that man out, he took out a champ who never defended the belt once, but yes Jon Jones is a phenom or prodigy, but Jon Jones accomplishments do not set the benchmark for determining what that is, because every division is completely different and has to be assessed differently. You then reveal you really can't be taken seriously by saying Michael McDonald has achieved more than Rory has because he has been handed a interim title shot based off a win over a shot chinned Torres. He still needed a split decision to beat Chris Cariaso, and he is fighting in a significantly weaker division. In fact one of the weakest division in mma. I maintain Rory is an absolute Rory rare breed and prodigy in his own right. He will beat Condit, and he will one day hold the WW belt, and to do that, you have to be rare, hope you will be ready to admit it.

It seems like the UFC has taken their time with Rory. Also the loss to Condit set him back a little, but he was impressive in defeat; particularly considering what Condit has accomplished since then. However, his ability is pretty obvious, and he'll have a chance to put himself right at the top in a couple of months.

If he handles Condit, then this entire convesation will be different. I expect him to do so.

I'm not denying his ability. I'm just trying to keep some people in line with reality. Rory isn't unique for MMA, let alone combat sports.

No, I don't know you, but I have seen plenty of shitty posts from you, so I have come to expect them from you. BJ Penn was at a higher level? If you say so. The sport has changed and became so much better that it is not really comparable. There is a reason a prime BJ was taken out by Edgar, and left LW, and has continued to pile up losses showing he is really not much of a threat to the better fighters of this generation. When Rory is done, I expect his career to blow BJ's completely out of the water, and that will include what he has done early in his career as well. Jon Jones is a phenom, but again, he went into a shallower LHW division that had a revolving door of title changing hands over a 3 year span. He didn't enter into a division that had one of the most dominant champions at the top of his game, and then take that man out, he took out a champ who never defended the belt once, but yes Jon Jones is a phenom or prodigy, but Jon Jones accomplishments do not set the benchmark for determining what that is, because every division is completely different and has to be assessed differently. You then reveal you really can't be taken seriously by saying Michael McDonald has achieved more than Rory has because he has been handed a interim title shot based off a win over a shot chinned Torres. He still needed a split decision to beat Chris Cariaso, and he is fighting in a significantly weaker division. In fact one of the weakest division in mma. In maintain Rory is an absolute Rory breed and prodigy in his own right. He will beat Condit, and he will one day hold the WW belt, and to do that, you have to be rare, hope you willl be ready to admit it.

So, M. MacDonald's acheivements at the age of 21 mean less because he is fighting in a weaker division, even though Rory hasn't faced any top flight fighter (let alone a top wrestler) in the supposedly superior WW division, except for Condit, and was stopped by him? Alright. Penn had 3 top 10 wins by Rory's age and would soon go on to beat the number 1-3 LW (who himself was ranked in the top 5 at a younger age than Rory), depending on the ranking site, and the number 1 WW in consecutive fights. GSP already had 2 top 10 wins and was about to get a title shot at the same age. Karo Parisyan of all people was ranked in the top 10 at WW at the age of 21. What he is doing is impressive but it isn't novel.

Now, if we want to get into some incredible shit at an early age in combat sports, look at someone like Wilfred Benitez who beat an all time great in Antonio "Kid Pambele" Cervantes at the age of 17 to win the world light WW title. Or Sam Langford who beat the #1 LW at the time and generally considered top 3 all time LW in Joe Gans at the age of 18. Mike Tyson winning the world heavyweight title at 20. I can name over 20 boxers off the top of my head who acheived far more at a younger age (I'll add in a sport with a far deeped talent pool because you felt the need to compare the talent pools of BW and WW). That is some crazy, unique stuff. Being borderline top 10 at 23 isn't something unheard of by any means.

Is kind of sad to be honest. I didn't laugh or feel good watching this.

lol what?

Also Rory is ridiculously young and full of potential. I'll see how he does against Condit in their rematch and make a solid assessment of his ranking in the WW div.

not sure how i feel about 16 year olds fighting full contact mma, im not sure that your brain is even full developed at that age

Rory is real good and I enjoy the weirdo fashionista vibe.

I'd be a fan if it wasn't for this petulant rivalry with his father, Carlos.

Absolute Monster - though IMO I'd be amazed if he's still going at 30, or he'll be well past him prime by then.... just mad wear and tear on the body starting so young

So, M. MacDonald's acheivements at the age of 21 mean less because he is fighting in a weaker division, even though Rory hasn't faced any top flight fighter (let alone a top wrestler) in the supposedly superior WW division, except for Condit, and was stopped by him? Alright. Penn had 3 top 10 wins by Rory's age and would soon go on to beat the number 1-3 LW (who himself was ranked in the top 5 at a younger age than Rory), depending on the ranking site, and the number 1 WW in consecutive fights. GSP already had 2 top 10 wins and was about to get a title shot at the same age. Karo Parisyan of all people was ranked in the top 10 at WW at the age of 21. What he is doing is impressive but it isn't novel.

Now, if we want to get into some incredible shit at an early age in combat sports, look at someone like Wilfred Benitez who beat an all time great in Antonio "Kid Pambele" Cervantes at the age of 17 to win the world light WW title. Or Sam Langford who beat the #1 LW at the time and generally considered top 3 all time LW in Joe Gans at the age of 18. Mike Tyson winning the world heavyweight title at 20. I can name over 20 boxers off the top of my head who acheived far more at a younger age (I'll add in a sport with a far deeped talent pool because you felt the need to compare the talent pools of BW and WW). That is some crazy, unique stuff. Being borderline top 10 at 23 isn't something unheard of by any means.

M McDonald lost to Cole Escovedo, and barely got passed Chris Cariaso. Rory Macdonald has dominated everyone he has faced with the exception of Carlos Condit. Rory has whooped the shit out of everyone he has faced minus Condit in case you fail to understand. Rory's only loss is as a 20 year old, to the now former interim WW Champ, who has proven himself to be one of the best fighters in the World, giving GSP his hardest fight in recent memory, and coming the closest to stopping the champ in recent memory. Rory was a round away from beating Condit, as a 20 year old, and was screwed on a horrible stoppage. Rory only proved his legitimacy in his performance against Condit two fights into his UFC career.

Penn would have no more top 10 wins if he started his UFC career in 2009 than Rory. Rory is well on his way to racking up top 10 and top 5 wins, and nothing will stop that from happening. At the end of the day though BJ Penn is 16-9. He has just under 50 % more wins than he has losses. Hardly all that prodigy like in my opinion. There will be no comparison when Rory is done.

By bringing up that Karo was once top 10, are you trying to hurt your case or help it? It only demonstrates how much tougher things are today, and Rory's dominance over his competition today demonstrates an exceptionally rare breed of fighter.

But speaking of GSP and Penn, and most know me as one of the biggest GSP supporters around, being that Rory was supposed to be facing "the best" BJ Penn ever" who was supposed to be in the "best shape ever", coming off a year of rejuvenation and an extended training camp,one could easily say that Rory was much more impressive facing Penn at 23 than GSP was facing Penn at 25.

But since you feel the need to go on about Rory being no more than borderline top 10, laughable btw, A prime Matt Hughes would be lucky to be borderline top 10 WW today, and frankly hindsight shows that Rory's loss as a 20 year old to Condit, actually isn't as bad as GSP tapping to an armbar in the 1st round to Hughes at 23, even if Hughes had the belt in the much less advanced days of 2004.

I really don't know what you are trying to prove brining boxing into this, or Mike Tyson who dominated tomato cans and one of the weakest eras of the HW division's history, or involving a sport that's sees it's top talents pad their records for their first 20 to 30 professional fights, but it just doesn't work. Your logic is so flawed and inane it's pathetic.

Last edited:
sugar jon Darth shogun rampage the dragon phenom bones jones.

I love it.

I would love to see Buffer try and scream that shit out lol.

M McDonald lost to Cole Escovedo, and barely got passed Chris Cariaso. Rory Macdonald has dominated everyone he has faced with the exception of Carlos Condit. Rory has whooped the shit out of everyone he has faced minus Condit in case you fail to understand. Rory's only loss is as a 20 year old, to the now former interim WW Champ, who has proven himself to be one of the best fighters in the World, giving GSP his hardest fight in recent memory, and coming the closest to stopping the champ in recent memory. Rory was a round away from beating Condit, as a 20 year old, and was screwed on a horrible stoppage. Rory only proved his legitimacy in his performance against Condit two fights into his UFC career.

Penn would have no more top 10 wins if he started his UFC career in 2009 than Rory. Rory is well on his way to racking up top 10 and top 5 wins, and nothing will stop that from happening. At the end of the day though BJ Penn is 16-9. He has just under 50 % more wins than he has losses. Hardly all that prodigy like in my opinion. There will be no comparison when Rory is done.

By bringing up that Karo was once top 10, are you trying to hurt your case or help it? It only demonstrates how much tougher things are today, and Rory's dominance over his competition today demonstrates an exceptionally rare breed of fighter.

But speaking of GSP and Penn, and most know me as one of the biggest GSP supporters around, being that Rory was supposed to be facing "the best" BJ Penn ever" who was supposed to be in the "best shape ever", coming off a year of rejuvenation and an extended training camp,one could easily say that Rory was much more impressive facing Penn at 23 than GSP was facing Penn at 25.

But since you feel the need to go on about Rory being no more than borderline top 10, laughable btw, A prime Matt Hughes would be lucky to be borderline top 10 WW today, and frankly hindsight shows that Rory's loss as a 20 year old to Condit, actually isn't as bad as GSP tapping to an armbar in the 1st round to Hughes at 23, even if Hughes had the belt in the much less advanced days of 2004.

I really don't know what you are trying to prove brining boxing into this, or Mike Tyson who dominated tomato cans and one of the weakest eras of the HW division's history, or involving a sport that's sees it's top talents pad their records for their first 20 to 30 professional fights, but it just doesn't work. Your logic is so flawed and inane it's pathetic.

Well, you did nothing to actually dispute the point that was: what Rory MacDonald has done so far in his MMA career is not unique for his age. Read that bolded part and let it sink in. Never have I said that Rory isn't a very talented fighter who is capable of being an elite fighter in MMA. You're constructing strawmen.

Also, the part where you discredit the acheivements of a young Mike Tyson in comparison to Rory MacDonald would be offensive if you actually knew anything about boxing, but fortunately, I know you're just parroting some bullshit you've heard, so I merely find it a little amusing. You claiming that Rory beat the best BJ Penn is kind of cute, too. Another gem was the assertion that BJ Penn wouldn't have any more top 10 wins than Rory if he started fighting in 2009. Quality stuff, mang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back