15 million viewers for fight in Japan

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Takashi Kameda vs Rodrigo Guerrero scored 15 million viewers and came second for the week behind a Japanese football game.

has futbol surpassed baseball in japan ?

I think you mean Daiki Kameda. Won UD12.

Maybe. The ratings site says Takashi. Then again they also list him as Kamoeda under google translate.

Daiki Kameda right? He beat Guerrero for the IBF Super Flyweight title.

Tomoki Kameda (who I assume is the "Takashi" referenced) last boxed in August for the WBO bantamweight belt.

any word on numbers for the ioka miyazaki double header a couple weeks ago?

I'm sure if the Mayweather and Canelo fight was free on tv in the U.S. then it would get much more than 15 million viewers.

Japanese names are a bit...funny. Takashi is probably Daiki.

If you google translate the Kameda Bros website you can read about "Xing Yi" defending his title for the 8th time (Xing Yi is Koki) there is also Sum Yi....

I'm sure if the Mayweather and Canelo fight was free on tv in the U.S. then it would get much more than 15 million viewers.

Oh your so correct. Though remember Japan's population, around 127,000,000 is less than half of the US population. Scale it and you'd need to get around 40-45million in the US to have a like for like comparison.

...and then again you're comparing a huge mega fight between two of the best known names in the sport, and the worst of 3 brothers...

Back