15 dead, 45 injured in stabbing attack near Tokyo

It's very simple to think suicide only has personal consequences.

Didn't say that. I said it doesn't endanger society. It has the same consequences with family and loved ones that committing suicide through hanging, pills, slitting your wrist, etc does. There you go again, ignoring the real issue and making it about the inanimate object.

Didn't say that. I said it doesn't endanger society. It has the same consequences with family and loved ones that committing suicide through hanging, pills, slitting your wrist, etc does. There you go again, ignoring the real issue and making it about the inanimate object.

I have no problem with gun ownership, the problem is the wild west state of gun ownership. Lack of accountability for owners, lack of training, lack of even basic storage procedures, lack of oversight on gun sales.

I don't think it's too far fetched to treat gun ownership the same way we treat vehicle ownership.

It's not the fact that the girl committed suicide, but the way she did it. Trains had to stop, ruining the schedules of hundreds, if not thousands of people.
Ah I see, the Japanese would see any break in efficiency as a sin. I get it now I think.

No, it was disabled people in a care facility. He was murdering disabled people in their sleep, at a time when there's minimal staff and activity. That's why no-one stopped him (or even saw him from what I've read). He turned himself in.
Jesus fkin Christ !! what a fkin pussy !! I can maybe, maybe understand disabled people shouldnt live, but couldnt this fkin pussy waste his fkin life on a rampage against bankers or politicians ?!
He should be dismembered in public so that people would know what we do to pussies.

Mate how am I suppose to get my post on a reasonable low page if I have to first look threw a guys post history that make 1000 post a day. I dont remember every persons post.
I think the message was clear or you dont think it was accurate without naming someone.

The message (that such a thing would be hypocrisy) was clear. It's just that it's not accurate if it's not the same people saying it. For example, I never complain about people discussing the political rammifications of tragedy here and happen to be a staunch defender of the right to self-defense. I could post pro-gun comments in the thread and your observation wouldn't apply to me at all. Should I have to defend what I didn't say? Probably not. So if the posters in this thread aren't also ones that criticize the politicization of tragedy then what?

No worries thought bro, I tend to jump on people over this sort of thing. :D

Well, most of the time it has doesn't endanger the rest of society.

two years ago in MN a man on hwy-100 decided to jump off a bridge that stretched over the road. I don't believe any drivers on 100 were actually injured, but they very easily could have been.

That's probably way off subject from what you were talking about, but just saying.

I have no problem with gun ownership, the problem is the wild west state of gun ownership. Lack of accountability for owners, lack of training, lack of even basic storage procedures, lack of oversight on gun sales.

I don't think it's too far fetched to treat gun ownership the same way we treat vehicle ownership.

There are numerous cities and states that don't experience the level of gun violence that our inner cities do, despite having tons more guns and less strict gun regulation. It isn't the laws. It's the culture within these communities.

Brady Campaign State Scorecard Rankings (2011)

Click Here

Note: The 'Brady Campaign' is an advocacy organization for gun control in the United States. I'm using their scorecard to establish which states have the most lax and the most strict gun laws.

States with the lowest amount of gun homicides (2011):

Ten of the best

Hawaii
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.07
Gun ownership percentage: 6.7%
Brady Ranking: 6

New Hampshire
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.53
Gun ownership percentage: 30%
Brady Ranking: T-27

Rhode Island
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.57
Gun ownership percentage: 12.8%
Brady Ranking: 8

South Dakota
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.68
Gun ownership percentage: 56.6%
Brady Ranking: T-39

Iowa
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.71
Gun ownership percentage: 42.9%
Brady Ranking: T-25

Vermont
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.75
Gun ownership percentage: 42.0%

Montana
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.76
Gun ownership percentage: 57.7%
Brady Ranking: T-47

Minnesota
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.82
Gun ownership percentage: 41.7%
Brady Ranking: T-17

Maine
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.90
Gun ownership percentage: 40.5%

Note: The Brady scale goes from 1 to 50. 1 is the most amount of gun regulation. 50 is the least amount of gun regulation.

Average: 36.76%

Only 2 out of 10 these states have a high Brady Ranking. The rest of the states have a mid to extremely low Brady Ranking.

States with the highest amount of gun homicides (2011)

Ten of the worst

District of Columbia
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 12.46
Gun ownership percentage: 3.6%
Brady Ranking: Unranked. Very strict gun laws. [DC.gov]

Louisiana
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 10.16
Gun ownership percentage: 44.1%

Mississippi
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 7.46
Gun ownership percentage: 55.3%

South Carolina

Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 5.41
Gun ownership percentage: 42.3%
Brady Ranking: T-22

Michigan
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 5.06
Gun ownership percentage: 38.4%
Brady Ranking: 11

Maryland
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.70
Gun ownership percentage: 21.3%
Brady Ranking: 7

Missouri
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.64

Arkansas
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.39

New York
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.12
Gun ownership percentage: 18%
Brady Ranking: 4

Pennsylvania
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 3.97
Gun ownership percentage: 34.7%
Brady Ranking: 10

Average: 35.47%

5 out of 10 states have strict gun regulation, according to Brady Rankings and DC.gov.

[Source: US Gun Crime - Google Sheets / FBI Uniform Crime Reports]

Note: The 'US Gun Crime' spreadsheet was compiled with data from the 'FBI Uniform Crime Reports (2011)'.

So in fact the states with the least amount of gun homicides have a 1.29% HIGHER gun ownership rate than the states with the most gun crime.

The number of knife attacks are greater than the number of gun attacks.

Also handguns are the ones used in most crimes due to the ability to conceal, not rifles.
Sure most of the knife attacks have a smaller body count, but the total is still higher.

True, hand guns account for a little more than half of all murders in the US year to year.

Well, most of the time it has doesn't endanger the rest of society.

two years ago in MN a man on hwy-100 decided to jump off a bridge that stretched over the road. I don't believe any drivers on 100 were actually injured, but they very easily could have been.

That's probably way off subject from what you were talking about, but just saying.

Well, in that case, yeah, that's dangerous. <41>

Only if he is a fucking ninja.

Random schmoe? not so much.

Yeah if a completely untrained person tried a knife attack they most likely won't have great success. That being said, if you gave a knife to a 12 year old and told them to not let you take it no matter what, you'd get cut for sure.

Someone with even a moderate understanding of blade arts could do serious damage.

There are numerous cities and states that don't experience the level of gun violence that our inner cities do, despite having tons more guns and less strict gun regulation. It isn't the laws. It's the culture within these communities.

Brady Campaign State Scorecard Rankings (2011)

Click Here

Note: The 'Brady Campaign' is an advocacy organization for gun control in the United States. I'm using their scorecard to establish which states have the most lax and the most strict gun laws.

States with the lowest amount of gun homicides (2011):

Ten of the best

Hawaii
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.07
Gun ownership percentage: 6.7%
Brady Ranking: 6

New Hampshire
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.53
Gun ownership percentage: 30%

Rhode Island
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.57
Gun ownership percentage: 12.8%
Brady Ranking: 8

South Dakota
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.68
Gun ownership percentage: 56.6%

Iowa
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.71
Gun ownership percentage: 42.9%

Vermont
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.75
Gun ownership percentage: 42.0%

Montana
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.76
Gun ownership percentage: 57.7%

Minnesota
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.82
Brady Ranking: T-17

Maine
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 0.90
Gun ownership percentage: 40.5%

Note: The Brady scale goes from 1 to 50. 1 is the most amount of gun regulation. 50 is the least amount of gun regulation.

Average: 36.76%

Only 2 out of 10 these states have a high Brady Ranking. The rest of the states have a mid to extremely low Brady Ranking.

States with the highest amount of gun homicides (2011)

Ten of the worst

District of Columbia
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 12.46
Gun ownership percentage: 3.6%
Brady Ranking: Unranked. Very strict gun laws. [DC.gov]

Louisiana
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 10.16
Gun ownership percentage: 44.1%

Mississippi
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 7.46

South Carolina

Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 5.41
Gun ownership percentage: 42.3%
Brady Ranking: T-22

Michigan
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 5.06
Gun ownership percentage: 38.4%
Brady Ranking: 11

Maryland
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.70
Gun ownership percentage: 21.3%
Brady Ranking: 7

Missouri
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.64

Arkansas
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.39

New York
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 4.12
Gun ownership percentage: 18%
Brady Ranking: 4

Pennsylvania
Firearms murders per 100,000 population: 3.97
Gun ownership percentage: 34.7%
Brady Ranking: 10

Average: 35.47%

5 out of 10 states have strict gun regulation, according to Brady Rankings and DC.gov.

[Source: US Gun Crime - Google Sheets / FBI Uniform Crime Reports]

Note: The 'US Gun Crime' spreadsheet was compiled with data from the 'FBI Uniform Crime Reports (2011)'.

So in fact the states with the least amount of gun homicides have a 1.29% HIGHER gun ownership rate than the states with the most gun crime.

Did I say I was against ownership?

I want more accountability for owners and dealers. The yearly homicide figures clearly indicated there is room for improvement.

Did I say I was against ownership?

I want more accountability for owners and dealers. The yearly homicide figures clearly indicated there is room for improvement.

Specifically, what's lacking that you would like to see implemented? You threw out some broad phrases like 'lack of oversight on sales'. I'm talking more specific than that. Genuinely curious, not arguing.

TommyBoy_097Pyxurz.jpg

"I've seen it happen a hundred times..."

He attacked a center for the disabled. It's not hard to kill 19 people that were basically helpless.

Little piece of shit needs to be fried on an electric chair.

What kind of handicapped people were these? Sick thing to do. Pretty effective knifing, I unfortunately have to say.
Disabled enough that they need residential care at all times, and in their sleep too. There was close to no resistance at all.

Americans so easily make everything about themselves

And guns

And their shitty two party political system

Specifically, what's lacking that you would like to see implemented? You threw out some broad phrases like 'lack of oversight on sales'. I'm talking more specific than that.

A DMV for firearm ownership for training and licensing purposes. Proof of ownership and history on ownership transfers. Standard storage requirements, particularly for owners of large quantities of weapons and ammunition. No more gun flea markets, only licensed dealers.

I'm well aware that there are basically an unmanageable number of illegal guns on the market, but illegal guns were once legal guns and if we don't do something about accountability for the legal owners and dealers the problem will just get worse and worse and worse.

At least 19 people have been killed in a stabbing attack at a facility for disabled people in the city of Sagamihara, west of Tokyo, according to Japanese public broadcaster NHK and Japan's Kyodo News agency, citing police.

Japanese police have arrested a man in connection with a deadly stabbing spree at a facility for the disabled,
west of Tokyo, according to Japanese state broadcaster NHK.
The report, citing police, said 15 people are confirmed dead and 45 injured in Sagamihara.
Police said they received a call from an employee of the facility reporting the attack about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday (1:30 p.m. ET Monday), according to NHK.

About 30 minutes later, a man believed to be in his 20s turned himself in at the Sagamihara police station, according to the report. He allegedly told police that he was a former employee of the facility.
The incident sent shock waves through Japan, where mass killings are rare. Because gun ownership is highly restricted, mass stabbings tend to be more common, CNN's Paula Hancocks said.
In June 2001, eight children were killed when a former janitor entered an Ikeda elementary school in Osaka and began stabbing students at random.
In June 2008, a man ran over a group of people with his truck and then stabbed 18, killing seven, in Tokyo's famous Akihabara gaming district.
The last time Sagamihara, a quiet residential area approximately 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of the Japanese capital, made global headlines was in 2012. That's when Naoko Kikuchi, a member of the Japanese doomsday cult responsible for the 1995 nerve gas attack on the Tokyo subway, was arrested there.

Terrible tragedy. What a sick person.

EDIT: I didn't see that it was already posted. Mods feel free to merge

Last edited:
Back