1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

15 and Really skinny, need help.

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by mikeyy275, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyy275 White Belt

Im 15 years old, very active, work out, dont lift yet though. I eat about 2500 Calories a day and only weight in at about 95 lbs. My metabolism is redicilously fast. Any tips to gain weight?

2. BROCK LESNER Banned Banned

Get older?

3. IDRISCKY Purple Belt

Starting Strength. Buy it. The book and the DvD. Eat more. A lot more. 2500 calories a day, a "redicilously" fast metabolism does not make. What's your height? Unless you're 3 feet tall and/or a female, 95lb is not acceptable. GOMAD, you need it.

In Closing: Lift weights, now. Eat more, now.

4. Eat 4500 calories a day.

5. closetfighter rollin' in the derp

dude 2500 cals a day??

eat everything in sight. when you are full keep eating. and then eat some more.

6. Senor Jose Red Belt

damn i thought i was kinda small for my age, eat a shit ton bro

7. philthy rich** Yellow Belt

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF THESE RETARDS

your 15 years old theyres nothing wrong with you as long as your healthy. trust me these guys are a bunch of meatheads. no need to stuff your face with food or start lifting heavy or anything. just stay active in sports and listen to your coaches.

8. DS614 Brown Belt

Manage your expectations. A big problem people make is they jump around on programs a lot when they aren't seeing results 'fast enough'. Find a good program for people in your situation and stick to it.

When you're skinny in the gym everybody and their mother is going to walk over to you and give you advice. Thank them for the advice but do your own research and stick to your plan.

Don't forget to eat, eat.. eat some more... and get plenty of water and rest.

9. Reverendo no no no belt

only eat rice and run 15 miles every day

But really, listen to posts #3, 4 and 5.

10. silvasurfer5253 Purple Belt

Lots of protein. Eat it with every meal. Chicken Breast, Tuna Fish,and salmon are your friends. Start a basic weight lifting routine. Eat before you go to bed.

11. DS614 Brown Belt

Meh.. there's nothing wrong with being skinny, I've been skinny my entire life. There's also nothing wrong with eating more than 2000 calories a day and working out. Honestly it feels good to pack away 4500 -5000 calories a day.

Working out helps balance your mood.. keeps you emotionally stable, and helps you concentrate on your school work. A healthy body = a healthy mind... it's a balance. Being a teenager, you're subject to all kinds of emotional stress .. working out really helps you deal with that. I didn't start working out until I was 19, but I wish I would have started back in H.S. I've never been a jock or meathead either.. you can check out my Star Wars av if you don't believe my nerdiness.

12. Hogey Red Belt

Holy shit you are 15 and weigh 95 lbs?

That sucks, why are you even bother measuring your calorie intake

Just eat like every other normal 15 year old, if you are measuring your calorie intake at 15 you have some self esteem issues dude.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  13. contumacious Blue Belt

eat more, lots of protein, heavy compound lifts

problem solved

14. philthy rich** Yellow Belt

holy shit you can even spell 'weigh'

15. Hogey Red Belt

I didn't even notice that thanks.

And I believe the word you are looking for is "can't".

So fuck you to buddy.

16. TheThreadJudge White Belt

holy shit you can't even use a comma before "thanks"

Seriously though. I was really skinny in high school too until I started doing pull ups, weighted pull ups, and sprints. I guess that got the hormones pumping. I also grew like 4 inches that year. I would also recommend some heavy prowling. And make your own weight gainer shakes. And drink milk. I might get slack from this, but straight up eat butter. The hormones from teh saturated fats will help you grow. And I doubt you're going to store any fats.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  17. T_Boner Brown Belt

Whole Milk and eat, eat, and eat. Lift and no cardio!

18. KMisajet Green Belt

You need to be eating more if you want to gain mass, but that doesn't mean stuff your face with shit. Eat smarter by slowly adding more protein and monounsaturated fat into your diet. Eventually you will find out how many calories a day you need to gain and you will be able to come up with a plan to get there. Lifting weights is probably the worst thing you can do until you figure out the calorie thing. If you lift and aren't eating enough your body will use your muscles for fuel. You can slow your metabolism down by eating carbs after workouts. This causes your blood sugar to spike which tells your body to store fat for later use. While your body is storing fat it won't be ripping through calories you have already eaten. Do a lot of your own research too. Most of your coaches won't know shit about proper nutrition. Look at what they eat and you will see this for yourself.

19. philthy rich** Yellow Belt

TS do not, i repeat, DO NOT listen to these people. eat a good diet for a growing boy, work hard at getting better at your sports, and enjoy life. stuffing your face and doing 12 sets of chest like all these tools do is for losers who are not good at life

20. KMisajet Green Belt

I agree with some of what you said but you sure as shit didn't help much. Eat a good diet for a growing boy? Be a bit more ambigous please. He is obviously having trouble with a "good diet." When someone asks you a question on what they should change to get bigger telling them to stay the same should sure work out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.