1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

15 and gaining weight

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by mikeyy275, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyy275

mikeyy275 White Belt

Ive been taking Martial arts for about 6 years now and want to put on some lean muscle. Im 15, very skinny and have no problem with my diet, i have 5 meals a day 3 hours apart and about 4-5 protien shakes a day. I dont gain weight, when i lift, been doing it for about a year. I dont gain, any tips? P.S i weight about 112.

2. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

You weigh 112, so you shouldn't care about whether it's "lean" muscle or not. You need to gain weight, assuming you are not ridiculously short.

Yes you do, or you wouldn't be 112 pounds.

If you can tolerate lactose, you could simply keep eating what you eat now, but add a half gallon of milk a day. Protein shakes aren't going to help you build muscle unless you are somehow short on protein for your actual meals.

Are the weights that you are lifting going up? Do you have a properly designed lifting program? Make sure to read the stickies in the S&P forum.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. massmma21

massmma21 Buttdrag Belt

try syntha 6, its good for gaining weight.

4. massmma21

massmma21 Buttdrag Belt

112 is a wrestling weight class, so lay off the kid. maybe thats on purpose.

5. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Maybe. Most people say "wrestling" when they mean wrestling and "martial arts" when they mean something that a guy with a funny accent might teach. Either way, he seems to be looking to gain weight, since that's what he's asking about. He claims that he can't gain weight, even though he has no problems with his diet. I would argue that by definition his diet is insufficient, because he weighs 112 and has been lifting for a year.

6. dabrian

dabrian Orange Belt

whole milk

7. Jacked Daniels

Jacked Daniels Purple Belt

learn to count your calories id say for you, you need at least 2500 calories a day, worry about getting 150grams of protein a day minimum 100grams of it being from whole foods. make sure you are lifting for lower rep sets. 4-8 reps at highest weight u can go. do squats, dead lifts, bench press, rows/pull ups, overhead press, and SQUATS and make sure your form is good. i could get a lot more specific, this isn't the perfect answer, but you are looking for a quick answer just posting on the forum like this. if you do all this you will gain weight.

start reading about powerlifting, strength and conditioning, and bulking diets on your own time. google it.

8. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

Please read the FAQs, and search. If you still have questions after doing so, only then make a thread, ask specific questions, and provide plenty of background detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.