14 year old girl sails around the globe alone.

The fuck? By 11 I was definitely going to the mall alone.

But if you have to beg your mommie to drive you and your friends to the mall, and give you money to spend then you are just being pretentious.

I did not go to the mall alone until I could drive. When I was a teen I just went with my mom to buy some clothes, not to hang out like some douche teen mallrat wannabe. If I wanted to hang somewhere, I only go as far as my feet will take me.

Last edited:
She already completed her journey around the globe, but yes, in the long run we will all die. Gold star for you.

yeah but,
57134315.jpg

But if you have to beg your mommie to drive you and your friends to the mall, and give you money to spend then you are just being pretentious.

I did not go to the mall alone until I could drive. When I was a teen I just went with my mom to buy some clothes, not to hang out like some douche teen mallrat wannabe. If I wanted to hang somewhere, I only go as far as my feet will take me.

Kind of a strange post. What kid didn't enjoy going to the mall back in the day? You may be the only one.

Also, by 11 I was riding my bike everywhere, not riding with my mom.

At 11 we all rode our bikes everywhere we went. I'd just tell my Mom that I'd be home around dark and that was it. If the plans changed we'd find a payphone to call one mom and she'd call the other moms to save us the quarters. Shit we'd start inland and end up at a beach and all crash at peoples houses we only met that day.

So it sounds like you were coddled.

I love how a bunch of grown men are trying to discredit a 14 year old girl.

What she accomplished is a great thing

I was genuinely interested in the logistics of her getting the money to do the adventure

Sank at least one pedo dingy off the coast of Panama. RIP Uncle Fred

At 11 we all rode our bikes everywhere we went. I'd just tell my Mom that I'd be home around dark and that was it. If the plans changed we'd find a payphone to call one mom and she'd call the other moms to save us the quarters. Shit we'd start inland and end up at a beach and all crash at peoples houses we only met that day.

So it sounds like you were coddled.

I couldnt go from Northern NJ to the Jersey Shore on bike. It is way way too far.

Back