14 year old girl sails around the globe alone.

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
14 year old Laura Dekker becomes the youngest person to sail around the globe alone.

IMG_7677.JPG

qx9xYDh.webm

Meet Laura Dekker. In 2009, she announced her plan to be the youngest person to sail around the world. Solo.
If you’re anything like most people, this might have you pretty concerned.

A 14 year old is going to sail around the world? With no one to help her if she gets in trouble?

You’d probably start wondering… “What about her parents? How could they allow something like this?”

You’re not alone. This is what most people were thinking. Especially local authorities, who were determined to stop her.

But Laura wasn’t like most 14-year-old girls.

Read the entire article here: https://recordsetter.com/awesome/worlds-youngest-sailor/

Trailer for the documentary: [YT]04z3dS6P60g[/YT]

This is a bit older news, but still amazing.

Pretty cool actually, a life of adventure

Edit: just watched the trailer and I wanna tear up because that shit is beautiful

Hubris. Gotta conquer. I bet the ocean was calling her too. Calling her to conquer it. Yawn.

That's pretty amazing. That's intense shit. I remember seeing that interview with Ellen Macarthur on top gear, and she said not being able to sleep was the single hardest thing about these sailing missions. She couldn't sleep for more than 20 min at a time. That sucks.

I thought for sure it was gonna be an Aussie. Good for her.

I don't think that covers how badass she is. We need a new word to describe how great a feat this is and awesome she is.

Word.

Badass parenting too. I am not the hovering type of parent, but I don't know if I'd have the guts to let my kids try something like this.

That's pretty amazing. That's intense shit. I remember seeing that interview with Ellen Macarthur on top gear, and she said not being able to sleep was the single hardest thing about these sailing missions. She couldn't sleep for more than 20 min at a time. That sucks.

I bet the hardest part for this girl would be to do it without being filmed the entire time. I doubt she would do it then.

LOL @ the government nanny state trying to stop her.

Good for her.

Everyone is praising her now, but if something happened to her, I'd be willing to bet this thread would have gone a different direction entirely.

Back