135 is stacked, heavyweight is not

Underdog bjj jp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everybody is so hellbent on mallets but yet the manlet division is more stacked then ever while heavyshit is not. Heavyweight division is a division riddled by old darts who cant decide to retire or just have excessive brain damage by the age of 50 which a few fighters are almost there. The division is so bad, Corey Anderson can move up to heavyweight and become top 5.

Manlets rule

Everybody is so hellbent on mallets

Mallets gonna' mallet.

61r2trUYmkL._SX425_.jpg

Elite level athletes at that weight have less options than big men who are elitle level.

Just wait and give it a little time, new breeds of heavyweights are incoming:

Alexander Volkov
Curtis Blaydes
Tai Tuivasa
Greg Hardy
Sergey Pavlovich

But I exclude:
Derrick Lewis
Francis N'gannou

Everybody is so hellbent on mallets but yet the manlet division is more stacked then ever while heavyshit is not. Heavyweight division is a division riddled by old darts who cant decide to retire or just have excessive brain damage by the age of 50 which a few fighters are almost there. The division is so bad, Corey Anderson can move up to heavyweight and become top 5.

Corey Anderson wouldn't be top 15 at heavyweight which just speaks to how terrible LHW is right now. They do have prospects coming in though. The UFC is just cautious about signing to many LHW and HW from eastern Europe because their bread is buttered in the American market.

Corey Anderson wouldn't be top 15 at heavyweight which just speaks to how terrible LHW is right now. They do have prospects coming in though. The UFC is just cautious about signing to many LHW and HW from eastern Europe because their bread is buttered in the American market.

No, I don't think the UFC is cautious about signing any new LHW or HW talent, considering how thin that division. Misinformed or too incompetent, perhaps, but not cautious. They all know they're hurting for talent in those divisions, and they'll take anything they're given.

No, I don't think the UFC is cautious about signing any new LHW or HW talent, considering how thin that division. Misinformed or too incompetent, perhaps, but not cautious. They all know they're hurting for talent in those divisions, and they'll take anything they're given.

I disagree with you. Mick Maynard and Sean Shelby are more tuned in to worldwide talent than basically anyone alive. You just have to listen to them talk about the skillsets and abilities of random no name fighters to get that. Ultimately they don't make the signing decisions. If the UFC just wanted the best talent all the time regardless of nationality or selling power you'd see a much different fighter landscape than now. Just watch DWTNS for example. Almost all American fighters. Eastern Europe is exploding in terms of talent. You have monsters fighting monsters yet none of those guys appear. Why? Marketability.

I disagree with you. Mick Maynard and Sean Shelby are more tuned in to worldwide talent than basically anyone alive. You just have to listen to them talk about the skillsets and abilities of random no name fighters to get that. Ultimately they don't make the signing decisions. If the UFC just wanted the best talent all the time regardless of nationality or selling power you'd see a much different fighter landscape than now. Just watch DWTNS for example. Almost all American fighters. Eastern Europe is exploding in terms of talent. You have monsters fighting monsters yet none of those guys appear. Why? Marketability.

They have deliberately signed former Soviet-bloc talent before they even started MMA. Take Bilyal Makhov, the guy who has medalled in freestyle and greco, for example. He's officially signed to the UFC, despite never even fighting in MMA. They're not shy about signing foreign talent (they'd love to break into foreign markets), they're just lazy and extremely cheap.

145 is the most stacked weightclass right now

Max Holloway
Brian Ortega
Jose Aldo
Frankie Edgar
Chad Mendes
Jeremy Stephens
Zabit Magomedsharipov
Yair Rodriguez
Renato Moicano

FUCKING MURDERERS ROW

They have deliberately signed former Soviet-bloc talent before they even started MMA. Take Bilyal Makhov, the guy who has medalled in freestyle and greco, for example. He's officially signed to the UFC, despite never even fighting in MMA. They're not shy about signing foreign talent (they'd love to break into foreign markets), they're just lazy and extremely cheap.

They aren't lazy but they are cheap. I think people proscribe ignorance to them when it's more a cautious plan to build those markets along with with PPV in America as it dies and the TV deals to maximize their profits.

They aren't lazy but they are cheap. I think people proscribe ignorance to them when it's more a cautious plan to build those markets along with with PPV in America as it dies and the TV deals to maximize their profits.

In fairness to them, their entire business model is American TV deals and American/Canadian PPV (as they count them together in MMA, which is fun for Canada to feel important) or bust. The Brazilian and, to a much lesser extent, Canadian TV markets matter (throw in a few other countries providing not a whole bunch relative to the primary revenue streams), but after that, it's pretty thin. Still, good fighters are good fighters, and they need any live bodies 205 and above. Selling a Russian (or any kind of Soviet-bloc angle) angle isn't too hard when there is nothing else to sell.

Go outside and look at people how many lil guy and HW guy you see...Problem is solved...

145 is the most stacked weightclass right now

Max Holloway
Brian Ortega
Jose Aldo
Frankie Edgar
Chad Mendes
Jeremy Stephens
Zabit Magomedsharipov
Yair Rodriguez
Renato Moicano

FUCKING MURDERERS ROW
<6>

In fairness to them, their entire business model is American TV deals and American/Canadian PPV (as they count them together in MMA, which is fun for Canada to feel important) or bust. The Brazilian and, to a much lesser extent, Canadian TV markets matter (throw in a few other countries providing not a whole bunch relative to the primary revenue streams), but after that, it's pretty thin. Still, good fighters are good fighters, and they need any live bodies 205 and above. Selling a Russian (or any kind of Soviet-bloc angle) angle isn't too hard when there is nothing else to sell.

I feel like they should sign more foreign heavyweights absolutely. Its not that they don't know they are there they just want to squeeze those last few years out of PPV before it dies. Don't want some no name Russian or Dagestani coming in and crushing his way through the division. Even if he deserves that no one in America will buy it if he can't speak English and is Muslim. Look at Franscisco Trinaldo for all the example you need. Huge win streak against top comp. Doesn't speak English. Thrown killers until he gets old and loses.

I feel like they should sign more foreign heavyweights absolutely. Its not that they don't know they are there they just want to squeeze those last few years out of PPV before it dies. Don't want some no name Russian or Dagestani coming in and crushing his way through the division. Even if he deserves that no one in America will buy it if he can't speak English and is Muslim. Look at Franscisco Trinaldo for all the example you need. Huge win streak against top comp. Doesn't speak English. Thrown killers until he gets old and loses.

I see what you're saying, but they'll sign whoever. They'll give a Caucasus Muslim (that's a lot of foreign 205+ talent, you're not wrong) shit matchups, without a doubt, but a good fighter will fight them out. With Trinaldo they put him up against a guy who is now a big American prospect who is now getting a push. Wouldn't the bad business be not to put the up-start American against a killer Brazilian? Anyway, I see some of your points, but I think the UFC's failures are more down to insanely poor contracts than anything else.

I see what you're saying, but they'll sign whoever. They'll give a Caucasus Muslim (that's a lot of foreign 205+ talent, you're not wrong) shit matchups, without a doubt, but a good fighter will fight them out. With Trinaldo they put him up against a guy who is now a big American prospect who is now getting a push. Wouldn't the bad business be not to put the up-start American against a killer Brazilian? Anyway, I see some of your points, but I think the UFC's failures are more down to insanely poor contracts than anything else.

Oh they give bad contracts on purpose. That's why they let Nikita Krylov go to another promotion. The hardcores who were clamoring to get him resigned will follow his career anyway. Let another promotion build him then offer him comparative peanuts to get him back. They know these fly by night promotions will fold and leave talent for the cheap poaching. Thankfully Bellator keeps them slightly honest. If it was only talent based Krylov would be making more than Manuwa but I guarantee he isn't.

Most of ufc hws would finish any ufc bw though

Back