13 years ago today Anderson Silva submitted the Michael Jordan of BJJ

11 consecutive title defense with 9 via FINISH!

GOAT stuff!

<PlusJuan>

Exactly why Silva eez the GOAT for me

bdFLUGk.gif

If Lutter was the "Jordan" of Bjj (which he's not given how he fell in his career) Then what is Marcelo Garcia?

Beat everyone in his weight class with highlight reel performances - check

Beat people above his weight class in highlight reel fashion - check

Didn’t fight manlets or child size opponents - check

Submitted the MJ of BJJ - check!

<{silvanormal}>

GOAT

“Michael Jordan esque in his grappling skills is Travis Lutter” - A great 21st century philosopher

<Goldie11>

UniformDimJabiru-size_restricted.gif

8cb02c2f5d100532b462d580b4a8416d_crop_exact.jpg

Reminder that Anderson would have had 11 consecutive title defenses if Lutter had made weight.

Eez Normal playbois

untitled-png.720955
Only people who call him the michael jordan of anything are sherdoggers.
The man never won a world champion in bjj or a world cup neither in gi nor in no gi, nor ever won an ADCC... He's not even the adrien broner of BJJ...

EDIT: Nobody even wrote down his record in the BJJheroes database. which is bjj equivalent of BOXrec.

Last edited:
I actually think Joe was probably going on and on to Goldie how awesome Travis's bjj was and it wasn't going to be an easy fight by any means. Don't count him out. Goldie takes it and runs with it only to have Joe correct him when he makes an outrageous comparison. He got it in his head from somewhere and I think Rogan was the most likely culprit lol.

Ahahaha Goldie what a goof. The Michael Jordan of commentators.

Only people who call him the michael jordan of anything are sherdoggers.
The man never won a world champion in bjj or a world cup neither in gi nor in no gi, nor ever won an ADCC... He's not even the adrien broner of BJJ...

EDIT: Nobody even wrote down his record in the BJJheroes database. which is bjj equivalent of BOXrec.

{<jordan}

it’s a running meme mate, based off a remark Goldie made.

{<jordan}

it’s a running meme mate, based off a remark Goldie made.
yo what are the odds, I literally heard that part in the time stamped video right when your notification showed up... thank god joe didn't disapoint "no.. no.. no he's not that good"

jRR5Izw.gif

Goldie bless, people hated on Goldie a lot but to this day Goldie and Rogan was the best commentary duo in the UFC imo.

Agreed. I miss Goldie in UFC. Belator now sound better than UFC.

jRR5Izw.gif

Goldie bless, people hated on Goldie a lot but to this day Goldie and Rogan was the best commentary duo in the UFC imo.

people always gave goldie shit...but I liked him....thought he had a good voice for commentating, he had good energy, and him and rogan got along well...I also like rogan and dc...imagine goldie, rogan and dc....that would have been a great combo...

i do miss the good old days.

when guys legitimately earned title shots.......

by winning tuf........

Goldie meant the Micheal on the Wizards

Was a top tier reference imo

jRR5Izw.gif

I'm so glad this buffoon is gone.

And he did it with 2 bum knees. Rogan mentioned running into Silva the next day in the hotel lobby and said he could hardly walk.

Back