12 Years a Slave on BET

It's a word, I wouldn't get too worked up over it if I were you.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Can't do it anymore. So long, War Room. I'll probably stop by sometime next year to check in again and see if humanity still deserves extinction.

Thank god!

I will miss your terrible posts and racism though.

No I don't give a shit about a movie made to instill guilt and animosity.

I was saying au revoir to Forkfoot.

You must not have seen the movie, or you just take from it the message that fits your agenda. There were some pretty awesome white people in the film. I don't really want to give away the ending, but the main character wouldn't have ended up where he did in the end without a collective effort to get him there. If there is anything to take away from the film it's the binding of great men to overcome hatred and atrocity. So your interpretation can take a step back and fuck its own face.

You must not have seen the movie, or you just take from it the message that fits your agenda. There were some pretty awesome white people in the film. I don't really want to give away the ending, but the main character wouldn't have ended up where he did in the end without a collective effort to get him there. If there is anything to take away from the film it's the binding of great men to overcome hatred and atrocity. So your interpretation can take a step back and fuck its own face.

You're right it's a harmless movie, just like all the other recently made slavery movies. We need more in my opinion. I'm not sure if black people hate white people enough.

You're right it's a harmless movie, just like all the other recently made slavery movies. We need more in my opinion. I'm not sure if black people hate white people enough.

The only harm is your silly interpretation, and the harm is to yourself. Hollywood will forever make films about slavery and the holocaust. They are almost shoe ins for Oscars. Now tell us about the harm that holocaust films do.

The only harm is your silly interpretation, and the harm is to yourself. Hollywood will forever make films about slavery and the holocaust. They are almost shoe ins for Oscars. Now tell us about the harm that holocaust films do.

Right. Must keep that white guilt ball rolling.

Germany? Nothing bad is happening there.

You're right, but if this film was on AMC or any other channel, the word would be censored.

I believe BET left it in there to promote strife, and they did it because they're BET and they knew they would get a pass.

They're promoting division.
Oh jeez dude. It is a historical movie . You want them to censor the word because some folks (maybee jsut you) think it shows Whites of yesteryear in a bad light?

BET is owned by White people; you know that don't you?

If you can take this level of stupidity then it says a lot about you.

yea, it's called having a sense of humor and not being a p.c. wuss

You would get this from the movie right?

You're right, but if this film was on AMC or any other channel, the word would be censored.

I believe BET left it in there to promote strife, and they did it because they're BET and they knew they would get a pass.

They're promoting division.
IFC doesn't censor curse words or violence. I don't think they censor sex either.

Its Oscar bait, don't get so rustled over it. There's a ton of Holocaust movies too. Why? For Oscar season. There's a couple of genres and topics that, when coupled with the right cottars and directors, boost your chances for an Oscar and slavery is one of them.

My guess is the reason is at least partly to do with how brutal, and thus sympathy inducing, some topics are as well as the fact that pretty much everyone agrees they were bad across party and ideological lines.

Its Oscar bait, don't get so rustled over it. There's a ton of Holocaust movies too. Why? For Oscar season. There's a couple of genres and topics that, when coupled with the right cottars and directors, boost your chances for an Oscar and slavery is one of them.

My guess is the reason is at least partly to do with how brutal, and thus sympathy inducing, some topics are as well as the fact that pretty much everyone agrees they were bad across party and ideological lines.

When you combine that with the other slavery movies and the perfect timing with Trayvon Martain and all the other shooting cases, I just don't see how this is going to improve race relations.

You are not a righteous crusader on the front lines battling the insidious white supremacist army.

Your whole approach is a turn off. The repeating guilt trips and constant reminders of the past year after year do nothing but build resentment.

Are the police and the average white person really responsible for hoodlife? How are the police and white people supposed to stop hoodlife?

What about all the different kinds of Asians and brown people? There are enough of them now so why are progressives never talking about them? Only black and white.

They all look like they're having fun. Look at how they're so oppressed.

And they wonder why they're "disproportionately" put in prison. What a joke.

War room gonna war room. This place is full of hardcore racists with the biggest chips on their shoulders.
C'mon man the black, leftist and latino posters aren't that bad, they just brainwashed. There is no need for them to hate evil whitey.

When you combine that with the other slavery movies and the perfect timing with Trayvon Martain and all the other shooting cases, I just don't see how this is going to improve race relations.
Who said the point of the film was to improve race relations? Serious question, if the director or one of the lead actors said this then I can understand your argument but if not then what does that have to do with anything? Art is often provocative and honestly my main issue with Oscar bait movies like 12 Years a Slave is that they tend not to be so provocative and just tread old ground in a safe way.

"Slavery was bad and look at how bad it is" is at this point a boring, uncontroversial message. Doesn't mean these movies can't be good but its new territory.

I'm just glad I can still hear the word SOMEWHERE. I do love it so dearly.

Back