12 year old tries to detonate nail bomb on German christmas market

@TheGreatA

Honestly man, I feel like people have this attitude because losing this war is so impossible in their minds that we must act humanely (even though our opposition largely does not). But, the important thing to acknowledge is that if the ideology keeps spreading in western countries, whilst our birthrate is on the decline, all with open borders it's very possible that two generations down the line we find ourselves in an unwinnable war (not us, but our progeny... which should be considered more important than us). I know it's difficult to conceive of right now, but this is entirely possible. How can it be that so many can't see this?

Merkel might not be directly responsible for this one but this type of thing is bound to happen more frequently now since she helped significantly increase their numbers.

Merkel might not be directly responsible for this one but this type of thing is bound to happen more frequently now since she helped significantly increase their numbers.

No doubt. The problem transcends the refugee issue though.

That's simply not true. Isn't that the same sentiment the Athenians had against the Spartans?

I'd be curious as to what a journalist thought of that quote before an ISIS beheading.

Also, sure ISIS may be wiped out, but a new caliphate will emerge. It's never going to stop.

Actually Sparta's prestige in ancient Greece was immense. They were very respected and despite what most people would think the Spartans were peaceful in the sense that they were quite relunctant to go to war and were very conservative.

Athens on the other hand was mostly loathed and despised, as Athenians had a very agressive and imperialistic foreign policy.

Athenians were predators, despite being democratic (Sparta was oligarchic).

@TheGreatA

Honestly man, I feel like people have this attitude because losing this war is so impossible in their mind that we must act humanely. But, the important thing to acknowledge is that if the ideology keeps spreading in western countries, whilst our birthrate is on the decline, all with open borders it's very possible that two generations down the line we find ourselves in an unwinnable war. I know it's difficult to convince of right now, but this is entirely possible. How can it be that so many can't see this?

My grand-fathers and grand-grandfathers fought an unwinnable war against the Soviets, who followed no moral code whatsoever. Even then, they did not resort to atrocities.

The point is, by the time you find yourself fighting an unwinnable war, you've already lost, so fighting like an animal is not going to help. What matters, is preventing ourselves from having to fight such wars, and continuing to be strong enough as a civilization so that we can uphold our moral values. Maintaining our military strength and making sure that we do not decay morally, etc.

Actually Sparta's prestige in ancient Greece was immense. They were very respected and despite what most people would think the Spartans were peaceful in the sense that they were quite relunctant to go to war and were very conservative.

Athens on the other hand was mostly loathed and despised, as Athenians had a very agressive and imperialistic foreign policy.

Athenians were predators, despite being democratic (Sparta was oligarchic).
But did the Athenians themselves not see the Spartans as idiotic savages? It's been years since I've taken that class, but that's always the impression I had.

My grand-fathers and grand-grandfathers fought an unwinnable war against the Soviets, who followed no moral code whatsoever. Even then, they did not resort to atrocities.

The point is, by the time you find yourself fighting an unwinnable war, you've already lost, so fighting like an animal is not going to help. What matters, is preventing ourselves from having to fight such wars, and continuing to be strong enough as a civilization so that we can uphold our moral values. Maintaining our military strength and making sure that we do not decay morally, etc.
It's not an unwinnable war yet. The solution is so obvious, but everyone is too afraid to speak the truth.

The answer lies in sealing the borders and not allowing the native population to fall below a certain percentage. If mandates on procreation are required, so be it.

My fear is we become so politically correct, we allow ourselves to be wiped from existence. This would be a shame, western civilization has accomplished so much. We've come to far for it to be for naught. I fear intelligence may be its own undoing, in the evolutionary sense. There is a limit, and if it goes beyond that limit it starts to be selected out of existence. Birth control is a good example.

But did the Athenians themselves not see the Spartans as idiotic savages? It's been years since I've taken that class, but that's always the impression I had.

I don't believe so.

Spartans were seen as extremely conservative, superticious, slow-moving and not entrepreneurial isolationists.

EDIT : they were seen like people who didn't like to discuss and debate and make long sentences like Athenians, but they were certainly not seen as savages.

It's not an unwinnable war yet. The solution is so obvious, but everyone is too afraid to speak the truth.

The answer lies in sealing the borders and not allowing the native population to fall below a certain percentage. If mandates on procreation are required, so be it.

My fear is we become so politically correct, we allow ourselves to be wiped from existence. This would be a shame, western civilization has accomplished so much. We've come to far for it to be for naught. I fear intelligence may be its own undoing, in the evolutionary sense. There is a limit, and if it goes beyond that limit it starts to be selected out of existence. Birth control is a good example.

And this is where thoughts-engineering plays a huge role : in the West we are told since we are kids that diversity is enrichment. So what you call "being wiped-out", most people call it "multiculturalism", i.e. a good thing.

It is not intelligence that is responsible for the recent developments, but madness. If you read the writings of the most intelligent men to inhabit the planet, you will find no such drivel. Emotionally balanced, intelligent men will understand what is necessary to cultivate and develop a civilization, and a part of it is to maintain a level of cultural hegenomy and understanding.

We have evolved past the point of requiring ourselves to pro-create at a rapid rate, certainly, and to focus on the quality of development, but this is by no means a failure of our civilization. Our true failure, is to not understand that not every civilization has reached the same point in cultural development, as we have. They have not arrived at similar conclusions, because they have not under-gone the same developments as we have, throughout the centuries.

If the Western civilization employed a more "hands-off" approach towards cultures which have not reached a similar stage, there would be absolutely no problems whatsoever with, for example, their levels of pro-creation in comparison to ours. They would be perfectly manageable and would not lead to the level of human suffering as experienced, for example, in Africa nowadays due to gross over-population. Even the Middle East, in many ways, has become a more hostile and unstable location because it simply does not possess enough resources to maintain an ever-increasing population, which results in these recent mass waves of refugees.

Instead, we deem it our responsibility to stick our noses into the business of others, to share with them our technology, our political ideology, our medical knowledge, constantly interfering with the development of others, often to their (and ultimately our own) detriment.

And this is where thoughts-engineering plays a huge role : in the West we are told since we are kids that diversity is enrichment. So what you call "being wiped-out", most people call it "multiculturalism", i.e. a good thing.
Do you want me to refute this or are you merely restating the propaganda that's been forced down our throat since childhood?

It is not intelligence that is responsible for the recent developments, but madness. If you read the writings of the most intelligent men to inhabit the planet, you will find no such drivel. Emotionally balanced, intelligent men will understand what is necessary to cultivate and develop a civilization, and a part of it is to maintain a level of cultural hegenomy and understanding.

We have evolved past the point of requiring ourselves to pro-create at a rapid rate, certainly, and to focus on the quality of development, but this is by no means a failure of our civilization. Our true failure, is to not understand that not every civilization has reached the same point in cultural development, as we have. They have not arrived at the same conclusions. If the Western civilization employed a more "hands-off" approach towards cultures which have not reached a similar stage, there would be absolutely no problems whatsoever with, for example, their levels of pro-creation in comparison to ours. They would be perfectly manageable and would not lead to the level of human suffering as experienced, for example, in Africa nowadays due to gross over-population.

Instead, we deem it our responsibility to stick our noses into the business of others, to share with them our technology, our political ideology, our medical knowledge.
Again, I'm not disagreeing.

I suppose the difference in our viewpoints is that I take is this to be suicidal and this stuff must be stopped immediately or the result will be irreversible. This is obviously natural selection at work. If there has ever been anything that should drive us mad to the point of immediately stopping what we are doing to ensure our survival it is this.

Do you want me to refute this or are you merely restating the propaganda that's been forced down our throat since childhood?

I don't think that you would refute it ; we are saying the same thng, more or less.

@Blackened you are effectively advocating genocide. What do you think would happen if we actually, say, started to nuke the Middle East until it's a parking lot?

What would the peaceful (not 'peaceful') Muslims in Europe and elsewhere do?
Understandably at that point?

Islam is currently the great societal cancer of the world.

This is why western countries need to shut their borders to Muslims.

@Blackened you are effectively advocating genocide. What do you think would happen if we actually, say, started to nuke the Middle East until it's a parking lot?

I would say this. Keep Muslims from crossing your borders. Deport the illegals. And for the ones that are already there legally, you just hope and pray your Christian churches minister and convert these Muslims to Christianity.

Just curious, but do you draw the same conclusion that I do? From past conversations I would assume so.

Well I am generally much less extreme than you. I wouldn't want to start deporting people based on religion. I also would not want to murder families of terrorists, if these are your conclusions (sorry I haven't thoroughly read the thread).

But I do think that multiculturalism is a failure, I do think that westerners are being brain-washed to accept it, and I do want to keep our values as they are as well as our borders closed.

If that answers your question.

That's not what I'm advocating. Perhaps I said things that could be interpreted that way, but I meant them in jest. I'll refer you to a quote I made earlier.

"The answer lies in sealing the borders and not allowing the native population to fall below a certain percentage. If mandates on procreation are required, so be it."

Let them have the middle east, they can do whatever they want there. Just stop importing them, stop subsidizing their breeding habits, seal the borders and we have a peaceful solution. At some point I think we must say "this is ours, that is yours". I'm quite certain if the trends continue, then this becomes theirs and that remains theirs and we have a global caliphate on our hands.

Again, I'm not disagreeing.

I suppose the difference in our viewpoints is that I take is this to be suicidal and this stuff must be stopped immediately or the result will be irreversible. This is obviously natural selection at work. If there has ever been anything that should drive us mad to the point of immediately stopping what we are doing to ensure our survival it is this.

I do not disagree that it will become irreversible soon enough, or may already be. I simply don't look at this as a "we" or "them" situation, as truthfully I'm not part of either (more closer to a terrorist than a good Western citizen I suppose), but something that concerns all of us. The Muslim man, the European man, the Asian man, the African man.

Unless we put an end to the madness, we will be fighting each other over the bones, in a battle of primitive survival, something that I'd personally wish to avoid. And this has little to do with cultural clashes even, but the fact that our populations are ever-growing while our resources are ever-depleting. I see the continued technological development of the West as the only solution to this problem, and we must not destabilize and potentially halt this development.

Back