12 year old convicted of "2nd degree murder"

Kinda surprised by that kid's work ethic tbh.

The insanity plea will probably work out for him. Doesn't work as often as you'd think from watching TV, though.

I think he's guilty. I hope they consider all of the circumstances surrounding the shooting and get the kid the help he needs.

did he kill him? yeah... but do i think he should go to DJJ (youth authority or w.e you call it)...no....should he get counseling? YEAH

i personally dont see him as guilty....

Why? He told his sister he was going to kill him and shot him point blank.

Now if to say, you think the charges or punishment is harsh..that's different.

The insanity plea will probably work out for him. Doesn't work as often as you'd think from watching TV, though.

he pleaded insanity but he was ruled "responsible" which is guilty in juvenile terms

The OP should include that the boy was 10 when he killed his father imo

Why? He told his sister he was going to kill him and shot him point blank.

Now if to say, you think the charges or punishment is harsh..that's different.

fair enough....its clear he needs help...sending him into an environment like jail wont help him

he pleaded insanity but he was ruled "responsible" which is guilty in juvenile terms

My fault if that was in the article, I had skimmed it.

I don't know what to say about the "responsible" verdict. Coming from the same country that lets people sue (and they win, is the point) others for spilling hot coffee on their own legs, and lets a group of football players run a train over a drugged out girl without consequence.

I don't know what to say about the "responsible" verdict. Coming from the same country that lets people sue others for spilling hot coffee on their own legs, and lets a group of football players run a train over a drugged out girl without consequence.

no worries.... i dont think hes been sentenced yet tho

I don't know what to say about the "responsible" verdict. Coming from the same country that lets people sue (and they win, is the point) others for spilling hot coffee on their own legs, and lets a group of football players run a train over a drugged out girl without consequence.

And there goes your credibility on any US legal matters.

fair enough....its clear he needs help...sending him into an environment like jail wont help him

I don't think there's that many ways he could escape doing time. He'll likely do some amount.

But I agree. He needs help and years of jail, maybe prison, isn't the answer.

It's in juvenile court though. So it's not like he's being charged as an adult.

I am surprised its 2nd degree and not 1st. Once he told his sister that he was gonna kill him, that 1st degree. He planned to do it and carried it out. Abused or not, doesn't justify a planned muder. If he had time to plan to kill someone, he had time to plan away out and get help.

I don't think there's that many ways he could escape doing time. He'll likely do some amount.

But I agree. He needs help and years of jail, maybe prison, isn't the answer.

i hope he doesnt see time..but i know its probable ....im gonna keep an eye on the case, i think he might get YA'd until 18

You do realize there is more to the coffee case and even the rape case, right?

I am surprised its 2nd degree and not 1st. Once he told his sister that he was gonna kill him, that 1st degree. He planned to do it and carried it out. Abused or not, doesn't justify a planned muder. If he had time to plan to kill someone, he had time to plan away out and get help.

they took into account all the years of abuse and neglect he had...even back to him in his mother she was a drug abuser....its all in the article

Elaborate on the coffee case, I know about the rape case

The coffee case was actually reasonable is the sense, that the coffee was proven to be at an unnecessary heat if I remember correctly.

Don't quote me on that.

Back