12-6 elbows should be legalized to the body/legs.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I can understand how some people would think that 12-6 elbows to the face could be too brutal and dangerous but there is no sissy excuse to now allow it to ther parts of the torso and legs.

During the Lex and Cara de Sapato fight, Lex was in a position where he could really fuck up CDS thigh with 12-6 elbows, it would look awesome and effective without being ultra-violent. That is just an example. I've seen many other situations where 12-6 elbows would be effective, specially against thighs.

They should be legalized everywhere but the back of the head and spine.

12-6 elbows should be legalized. The whole rule is retarded.

I agree. In fact they should be legal under all circumstances unless they establish a scientific basis for the claim that 12-6 elbows are more powerful/dangerous than regular elbows

They should be legalized to the body, every where besides the kidneys. As well to the legs.

12-6 elbows should be legalized. The whole rule is retarded.
I just don't like the idea of every takedown against the cage being defended by these elbows, and back control just turning into a brutal elbow-fest.

I agree. In fact they should be legal under all circumstances unless they establish a scientific basis for the claim that 12-6 elbows are more powerful/dangerous than regular elbows

Let me elbow you in the bridge of the nose, than let me 12-6 elbow you in the bridge of the nose. We'll see which one crushes your nasal bone first.

I just don't like the idea of every takedown against the cage being defended by these elbows, and back control just turning into a brutal elbow-fest.

Well you still can't hit the back of the head.

Let me elbow you in the bridge of the nose, than let me 12-6 elbow you in the bridge of the nose. We'll see which one crushes your nasal bone first.

I'll take the former please. Agreed.

They should be legalized everywhere but the back of the head and spine.
???

The back of the head and spine are already illegal targets. You can not hit those areas with any type of strike.

Agreed wholeheartedly. The rule makes absolutely no sense.

I'd rather see knees to a downed opponent first. 12-6 is a dumb rule but no knees is retarded. . Soccer kicks I'd love as well but I can see why it's not legal

I personally just think you should only be able to throw elbows in a forward motion. Nothing inside or downward no matter the angle.

I would take a long look at being able to throw elbows with an inside motion but it has to be very close to 180 degrees or 9 to 3.

it has been stated that it is illegal to prevent the elbow from damaging the spine or going into the eye socket. i've never seen it go into an eye socket before but that's what they say.

Last edited:
Back