Elections $12,000! (Andrew Yang’s email list)

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
I own my home. I don't really have tons of bills, cost of living is reasonably low here. I could do it. Wouldn't be a life of luxury but I wouldn't have to work either.

Well, it appears that as long as you already own a home, the freedom dividend provides absolute financial security.

I get this sentiment for sure but I also employ a lot of hard working people who might have even written your post but whom I could automate today if the motivating causes were strong enough. Right now the cost implications are such that I could automate my sales force down from about 25 to 4 and save close to a million dollars in the process. I don’t do it because, as of yet, there is still value to having boots on the ground in the territories. But that’s only valuable because most of the industry is still operating in that paradigm and it’s an expectation on the part of retailers. But that expectation is shifting and there WILL come a point in the foreseeable future where road warrior sales reps are relegated to history. Similar conditions are evolving on our factory floor as well. One sharp economic downturn and management will be sitting around, twiddling our thumbs, wondering how to reduce expenses rather than expand capacity as we currently are. Worst part is, there’s nothing unique about my business. This grim picture is entirely common.
i guess paradoxically i support automation and a sort of base standard of living. there is so much wealth in the world that it's more than possible and automation is logical, we certainly shouldn't give our lives to some ubiquitous entity that feeds on our time... We as a nation, and first world are so out of control and irresponsible that we sadly barely deserve freedom from slavery. If we accepted responsibility for our enslavement and made the decisions necessary to learn about and change our lot then we could move into a more utopian existence... the system is not ready and neither are we...

That would be true if you're making 7 figures.
Ah the old "bro, let's just share your income" to everyone making more than you. I think women have been running that play for the entire history of humanity.

By the way, for those who didn't watch, he got booed a LOT for that shameless crap.

I was under the impression that openly buying votes was illegal.

Any supporter of Andrew Yang has to justify how "Vote for me and I'll give you $1,000 a month." isn't blatant vote buying.

Also the fact that every single one of his policy choices has been A-B tested by focus groups confesses a serious amount of disingenuousness. The line between what Andrew Yang is currently doing, and someone just using carefully chosen language in order to manipulate you, is very thin.
Bro, it's called "the freedom dividend". We didn't base that on focus groups and it's only millionaires who will be turned upside down and shaken out like bags of loot. Vote for me so we can raid the money of everyone making more than you and share the spoils.

I didn't say a million DOLLARS, I said 7 figures and I was obviously talking about rubles and pesos.

210 million Americans x 12k a year = 2.5 trillion dollars

Federal ncome taxes from every American only account for 1.8 trillion

Just to remind people how pie in the sky this is. This would be like your landlord you pay $900 rent for promising to give you $1200 a month back

Slick move by Yang tho. This is the cheapest acquisition of a big, good mailing list ever. Playedyourselves.gif

Yeah. He's gonna pay a little over a mil spread out over 10 years for a very useful amount of outreach and possible data gathering to help form strategies. Other campaigns have definitely paid out more than that to get this amount of emails.

Wouldn't be shocked if this alone pulls him from the 1-2% poll group to make the next round. 5% of clueless polled people going "oh yeah, that Yang guy" when asked wouldn't be surprising

210 million Americans x 12k a year = 2.5 trillion dollars

Federal ncome taxes from every American only account for 1.8 trillion

Just to remind people how pie in the sky this is. This would be like your landlord you pay $900 rent for promising to give you $1200 a month back
I'm no economist but I imagine all that extra cash makes the economy grow bigly thus more tax revenue. Probably some small amount of inflation and redistribution as well.
Did you sign up yet?
I'm not sure if it's a perfect idea but I'm willing to be the Guinea pig and test it out for a year.

This may be the single most pathetic and desperate ploy I've heard of in a primary race since....

...Beto confirmed he's banning AR-15s, two minutes before.

a country cant have open borders with unlimited immigration and ubi

Yeah. He's gonna pay a little over a mil spread out over 10 years for a very useful amount of outreach and possible data gathering to help form strategies. Other campaigns have definitely paid out more than that to get this amount of emails.

Wouldn't be shocked if this alone pulls him from the 1-2% poll group to make the next round. 5% of clueless polled people going "oh yeah, that Yang guy" when asked wouldn't be surprising
Oh it's over 10 years? I thought it was one. That's more reasonable but still good for his cause.

a country cant have open borders with unlimited immigration and ubi
I'm with you on that. I bet a lot of these undocumented guys are actually doing thise truck driving jobs. When the self driving cars become the cheaper and safer way to go, and it is going to happen, we are going to have a lot of otherwise unskilled guys thrown into the workforce. It's going to happen very quickly. There is going to be a lot of suffering if we ignore it.

Yang is great. Tulsi is better.

So I just gotta get on a mailing list and I can get free cash? Count me in.

You are a big green new deal supporter? Reparations? Government run healthcare?

Those are Gabbard positions.

You are a big green new deal supporter? Reparations? Government run healthcare?

Those are Gabbard positions.

The green new deal is mostly bullshit, but I support better stewardship of the earth by corporations.

I support a public option for starters, as I want people to have the freedom to use either or.

Tulsi supports what kind of reparations? She’s not a “let’s give black people federal tax dollars” kind of person. Reparations can be, let’s beautify the inner city public parks. That’s about all I’d support.

The green new deal is mostly bullshit, but I support better stewardship of the earth by corporations.

I support a public option for starters, as I want people to have the freedom to use either or.

Tulsi supports what kind of reparations? She’s not a “let’s give black people federal tax dollars” kind of person. Reparations can be, let’s beautify the inner city public parks. That’s about all I’d support.

Doesnt say on her website. Just that she voted for looking into it

https://www.tulsi2020.com/record/racial-justice

these idiots are all about taxing everyone and giving back dog shit services in return. just look at chicago for an example of the social services that are actually provided in a tax crazy dystopia

Back