11 years past his prime, Fedor at 43 is still the most popular fighter around

UFC bought Pride. Fedor was Pride's #1 fighter. Learn your history conor noob.
1. I don't give two fucks about Conor
2. No shit. Pride was still very different than the UFC has ever been, and Fedor didn't go to the UFC after, which he certainly would've been able to. And yes, I know he fought in Strikeforce too, yet he still chose to go elsewhere when the UFC bought them. Both times, he sought out shittier promotions. Fedor was never a UFC fighter, no matter how much you want him to have been. Period. End of story.

Love Fedor and he is an all-time great

However, a GOAT doesn't get knocked out by a middleweight.

I'll be honest and say after string of sloppy fights and cringy losses a few years ago I thought he was done. Each time they announced another Fedor fight I just wanted him to stop. Cut to 2020: to see him still fighting with passion is heartening; I feel that MMA has become somewhat soulless compared to a decade ago and Fedor is the last desperate grasp of nostalgia for that era.

Last edited:
Ali has 5 losses and is widely considered the GOAT.

Everyone loses. Including the goat, Fedor.

surprised I haven’t seen this here more often (or just not noticed?)

really accurate imo

I guess we can add Sergei to that list,but he really has been in and out of the sport of mma and kickboxing,and TEH REEM didnt go up to HW until well after Fedor had already exacted his Kohr-Ah Death march on the division

I always hoped sergei would fight in the ufc. He was unknown and underrated among most casuals and was very good

No - hes not . One of the most rabid fan base - yes - but currently, how could he be even close to such a label when a healthy percentage of current mma fans only know of him and have never watched any of his fights( live ) ....especially when he was " fedor"

I like Fedor a lot, but his popularity in here is basically forum lore/a meme.

2. No shit. Pride was still very different than the UFC has ever been, and Fedor didn't go to the UFC after, which he certainly would've been able to. And yes, I know he fought in Strikeforce too, yet he still chose to go elsewhere when the UFC bought them. Both times, he sought out shittier promotions. Fedor was never a UFC fighter, no matter how much you want him to have been. Period. End of story.
Fedor is also something like 10:0 against ufc champs...

Love Fedor and he is an all-time great

However, a GOAT doesn't get knocked out by a middleweight.
GSP tapped to strikes against Matt Serra and got his ass kicked by Hendricks.

Anderson was juiced.

Jones was / is juiced and has lost a shitload of rounds in his prime.

Fedor looks great by comparison. Getting dropped by a HoF fighter (who was loaded with test due to TRT) ... it happens.

If not one of these guys, the GOAT would be ...

Mohammad Ali deceased for some time is still one of the most popular fighters around!

Win or lose Fedor is the embodiment of MMA. That's why people love him so much.

Shittier promotions? RINGS, PRIDE, Affliction and Strikeforce all had better heavyweight fighters than the UFC. The only time Fedor joined a B league was Bellator, and this was when he was 40+ years old.

Shittier promotions? RINGS, PRIDE, Affliction and Strikeforce all had better heavyweight fighters than the UFC. The only time Fedor joined a B league was Bellator, and this was when he was 40+ years old.
The guy's argument was that since the UFC bought Pride, Fedor was essentially a UFC fighter. My argument was that you can't say that when the guy moved on to shittier promotions right after, which he did do before his his participation in the grand total of two events that Affliction consisted of. Obviously Pride had better HWs, and you could say the same thing about Strikeforce when Fedor was there. Read my post more carefully, and you'll see that I never said that either of those two were shitty. I was talking about them being separate beginning points in Fedor's "UFC" career. One obviously worked out well for him, while the other sure as shit didn't. Directly after each however, Fedor went in a shittier non-UFC direction.

Not just any ufc fighter, it has to be champion. Fedor is 10:0 against ufc champs. Barnett, ANderson, Vitor...

Of course, that's why I specifically said Dan Sevren, he was one of the 1st UFC champs. Imagine the pride his fanboys would feel if he beat one of the true UFC OG's. It would be a super legit win in their eyes I am sure.

There are 11 threads about Fedor on the front page.
Just like back in the time when he destroyed the UFC champ Tim Sylvia.
P4P and ALL TIME GOAT MMA fighter!

fedor-emelianenko-bellator-1981.jpg
It only makes him more of a meme.

Back