11 years past his prime, Fedor at 43 is still the most popular fighter around

Lewis is one of the goats for sure. I would like to see how he would fare with the best boxing fighters from the 70s though.
I would say like all sports boxing has evolved a lot over time. The training methods, nutrition, PEDs, etc are all way better nowadays so it's unfair to compare.
All combat athletes, soccer players, basketball players, etc would get destroyed by fighters from the current era.
I'd be curious how he fares vs Fury or Wilder because fighters from the 70s I'm quite sure would be punching bags for him.

Boxing in particular I think guys like Ali and Tyson get overrated due to their personality while a guy like Lennox enters on reggae music, drinks tea and stay out of trouble outside of the ring so he gets overlooked easier.

There are 11 threads about Fedor on the front page.
Just like back in the time when he destroyed the UFC champ Tim Sylvia.
P4P and ALL TIME GOAT MMA fighter!

fedor-emelianenko-bellator-1981.jpg

Uh I used to stay up till 4 pm to watch Fedor fight but that was like 12 years ago.

Fedor has been washed forever now and is collecting paychecks in scripted outcomes. Really outside of his past greatness, Fedor nuthugging should be a thing of the past at this point.

Idk about when you posted this but there is only 1 other Fedor thread on the front page rn, I'm calling bullshit.

Fedor threads on sherdog are all from the same handful of nuthuggers. It's almost always that Mixfight stalker and the delusional JustOnce.

I consider Fedor the GOAT alongside GSP and Jones, possibly Anderson.

But was he ever actually the "most popular"? I don't think so. I guess it depends on what you mean by "popular" - I mean, there's no debate that i.e. Conor is wayyyy more recognized by the general public than Fedor ever was.

I would say like all sports boxing has evolved a lot over time. The training methods, nutrition, PEDs, etc are all way better nowadays so it's unfair to compare.
All combat athletes, soccer players, basketball players, etc would get destroyed by fighters from the current era.
I'd be curious how he fares vs Fury or Wilder because fighters from the 70s I'm quite sure would be punching bags for him.

Boxing in particular I think guys like Ali and Tyson get overrated due to their personality while a guy like Lennox enters on reggae music, drinks tea and stay out of trouble outside of the ring so he gets overlooked easier.

Two words: George Foreman.

Idk about when you posted this but there is only 1 other Fedor thread on the front page rn, I'm calling bullshit.
have considered that they might have fallen back to the second page by now?

I consider Fedor the GOAT alongside GSP and Jones, possibly Anderson.

But was he ever actually the "most popular"? I don't think so. I guess it depends on what you mean by "popular" - I mean, there's no debate that i.e. Conor is wayyyy more recognized by the general public than Fedor ever was.
I'v read from 2006 that Fedor was not a draw and yet he is the most popular fighter on all mma forums to this day.

while Lennox only had 2 losses, both avenged, in the toughest HW era in boxing history and he is never in the GOAT HW discussion.
Even when past his prime, unprepared and facing Vitali on short notice, the next dominant champ, he still won. And ppl hate him for winning via cuts while giving other a pass for losing in those spots bc they were out of their prime.
That's why I hate GOAT discussions.

Great post.

Uh I used to stay up till 4 pm to watch Fedor fight but that was like 12 years ago.

Fedor has been washed forever now and is collecting paychecks in scripted outcomes. Really outside of his past greatness, Fedor nuthugging should be a thing of the past at this point.
Silence heretic!

while Lennox only had 2 losses, both avenged, in the toughest HW era in boxing history and he is never in the GOAT HW discussion.
Even when past his prime, unprepared and facing Vitali on short notice, the next dominant champ, he still won. And ppl hate him for winning via cuts while giving other a pass for losing in those spots bc they were out of their prime.
That's why I hate GOAT discussions.

Avenging two KO losses during your prime doesn’t undo them.

FAT bum who lost fights in Strikeforce and never fought in the UFC because he knew he only can win against freaks in Japan
lol Lawler got sparked out by a pillow fisted Diaz

FAT bum who lost fights in Strikeforce and never fought in the UFC because he knew he only can win against freaks in Japan

This is the other side of the stupid nut-hugging.

I wonder what the traffic would be on this shithole of a forum if we would remove blind hate and blind nuthugging. I say amputated of a legit 30% of all posts.

I guess we can add Sergei to that list,but he really has been in and out of the sport of mma and kickboxing,and TEH REEM didnt go up to HW until well after Fedor had already exacted his Kohr-Ah Death march on the division
Don’t forget the great Zuluzinho, he won 3 times in 2019.

Back