11 US Servicemen Were Injured in Iran Missile Attack

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
ainalassad_wide-187610b45eff95478e7cd05dd132306b9268a2f7-s1700-c85.jpg

Well, well, looks like it wasn’t such a “harmless” retaliation from Iran after all.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/17/7973...rs-were-injured-when-iran-attacked-iraqi-base

I said it at the time, and I’ll say it again, it servicemen were killed, we would probably be at war right now.

We are very lucky to have gotten through that totally unnecessary cluster fuck that Trump set in motion.

I'm very okay with the lie, as it contributed to avoiding unnecessary conflict. A rare good lie. But it's nice to know the truth.

I do believe Iranians wanted to purposely minimize casualties to avoid further escalation but It's insane to believe the strikes could guarantee zero casualties

I'm very okay with the lie, as it contributed to avoiding unnecessary conflict. A rare good lie. But it's nice to know the truth.

You are a nincompoop.

It’s for concussions or possible concussions.

but yes, we are lucky none were killed. Cuz it’d be a horrific shitshow. Pompeo musta been pissed!

But those head injuries are possibly for people that just want to get out of an illegal and immoral deployment anyways imo. I’d take that chance.

“my head hurts, get me out of this mess”. I’d be all over that. There aren’t even there to combat ISIS and I’m sure many soldiers know that.

they are there to invite attacks by Shia militia to get war with Iran.

The war drums beats on!

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully cool heads prevail.

Connor by ko round 2 btw

"well well well"
Well, well, looks like it wasn’t such a “harmless” retaliation from Iran after all.

Well, well, and someone like you just wishes it was worse so you could then cry establishment war machine, hate on Trump, etc.

But we aren't at war, and Iran is still our bitch.

edit: plus the only thing the article says is people are being treated for "concussions". Not like some missing limb, lost eye, or any real injury. What a dork to make a thread like this and say, "well, well".

Last edited:
If you do not stand by Cowboy and America, I do not stand by you.
I love Cowboy.... even before I heard his cave diving story.

I want me some McGreggor vs St. Pierre super fight action. This is the way.

ainalassad_wide-187610b45eff95478e7cd05dd132306b9268a2f7-s1700-c85.jpg

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/17/7973...rs-were-injured-when-iran-attacked-iraqi-base

I said it at the time, and I’ll say it again, it servicemen were killed, we would probably be at war right now.

We are very lucky to have gotten through that totally unnecessary cluster fuck that Trump set in motion.

NOW HERE IS THE REAL NEWS AFTER YOUR FAKE CUCK NEWS

Eleven U.S. service members reportedly received treatment for injuries that they sustained during the missile attack that Iran launched on January 8, 2020, which top officials stated at the time resulted in no causalities.

“No one was killed or wounded in the five barrages of multiple missiles that night, although several military personnel who were working were checked for concussions,” The New York Times reported. “The absence of casualties seemed to be the result of luck and warnings.”

Defense One reported that a spokesman for the U.S. military command in Baghdad said: “As previously stated, while no U.S. service members were killed in the Jan. 8 Iranian attack on Al Asad Air base, several were treated for concussion symptoms from the blast and are still being assessed.”

“Out of an abundance of caution, some service members were transported from Al Asad Air Base, Iraq to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, others were sent to Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, for follow-on screening,” said Col. Myles Caggins, spokesman for Combined Joint Task Force-Operation Inherent Resolve. “When deemed fit for duty, the service members are expected to return to Iraq following screening. The health and welfare of our personnel is a top priority and we will not discuss any individual’s medical status.”

A separate U.S. defense official speaking on background told Defense One that eleven Americans had been sent out of Iraq for treatment.

The official said, “As a standard procedure, all personnel in the vicinity of a blast are screened for traumatic brain injury, and if deemed appropriate, are transported to a higher level of care. At this time, eight individuals have been transported to Landstuhl, and three have been transported to Camp Arifjan.”

The Alzheimer’s Association reports that symptoms for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) “may not develop for days or weeks.”

CNN’s Jim Sciutto, who is a former Obama administration official, rushed to politicize the event, writing: “Breaking: 11 US service-members were injured during Iranian missile attack on Al Asad airbase in Iraq. Following the attack, the Pentagon had said no casualties had resulted from the 16 missiles fired by Iran.”

Sciutto’s tweet makes the suggestion that the Trump administration lied about the results from the attack but does not inform on what the specific injuries were or that the troops that were taken in for treatment were taken for treatment as “a standard procedure” and “out of an abundance of caution.”

Sciutto also did not report what a defense source told his network about the discrepancy, “That was the commander’s assessment at the time. Symptoms emerged days after the fact, and they were treated out of an abundance of caution.”

Former Pentagon official Alex Plitsas responded to Sciutto by writing: “Multiple US defense sources say that the US battle damage assessments confirmed that were no US wounded or killed as a result of the attack, which has been confirmed by sources on the ground. The term ‘injured’ being used may refer to troops who felt concussion symptoms.”

Attorney and U.S. veteran James Hasson responded: “There’s *a ton* of misinterpretation of what this means. Maybe good faith, maybe not. TBI symptoms frequently take days or weeks to appear. There’s initial testing and then follow up testing conducted as a matter of course after an event like this. It’s not like external wounds.”

CNN’s Breaking News account tweeted: “Several US service members were injured during last week’s Iranian missile attack on Al-Asad airbase in Iraq despite the Pentagon initially saying that no casualties had taken place.”

Popular conservative Twitter account AG responded: “There is 0 contradiction between those two things. Not sure why CNN is pretending otherwise. … Search the link. It’s a bunch of people baselessly accusing the administration and pentagon of lying. I guess that’s why.”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...tack-cnn-politicizes-theres-more-to-the-story
CLIFFS:

I never believed the news to begin with.

It would not surprise me at all if a couple of our troops "disappeared" and thus we reported "no deaths" just to duck the war.

Glad to hear that there were (perhaps) no deaths.

This is the opposite of that. Are you on drugs?

surprised I like one of your posts, but it is hilarious how it was obvious people would see this headline and think it was part of the war machine, beating its drums. The people are not even wounded

“No one was killed or wounded in the five barrages of multiple missiles that night, although several military personnel who were working were checked for concussions,”

Wow, there was a loud noise, and people have headaches. OMG WE ARE AT WAR. LOL FUCK YOU TRUMPTARDS

Last edited:
Oh for fuck's sake, it's concussions.

Such desperation.

Oh for fuck's sake, it's concussions.

Such desperation.
I’m not an expert, but I think if something blew up close enough to you to give you a concussion... it was pretty close to blowing you up.

A lot closer than I’d want to be, anyways.

The point is that it was not the “empty gesture” without intent that it was presented as.

I’m not an expert, but I think if something blew up close enough to you to give you a concussion... it was pretty close to blowing you up.

A lot closer than I’d want to be, anyways.

The point is that it was not the “empty gesture” without intent that it was presented as.
No way man, people were just medically evacuated because they didn't need to be. Stop believing the ringing in your own ears, you're fine.

I don't need the news to tell me that there might be some effects from a heavy bombing raid, if you're hunkered down in a bunker that is still in the relative area where the bombs dropped. That's business as usual.

You're just trying to paint this as some kind of victory for Iran, because you hate America because of it's current President, and want Iran to look like they actually accomplished something. You're disgusting.

I don't need the news to tell me that there might be some effects from a heavy bombing raid, if you're hunkered down in a bunker that is still in the relative area where the bombs dropped. That's business as usual.

You're just trying to paint this as some kind of victory for Iran, because you hate America because of it's current President, and want Iran to look like they actually accomplished something. You're disgusting.
Umm...pretty sure that’s not what I said at all, but OK.

I don’t have the compunction to view everything as a dick measuring contest. I can see how that might be confusing to some.

LOLOLOLOLOLLLLL at CNN. Absolute garbage.
Is that, like, your Tourette’s phrase?

The information was from the Pentagon and the article in OP was from NPR.

But good luck with your... uh... what have you.

Last edited:
Back