100 years ago today, the Ocoee massacre, African Americans just tried to vote.

It is disenfranchisement when they are instituted for the sole purpose of suppressing the black vote.
Not requiring an ID is as low of a hurdle as you can get. You pretty much can't do anything in life without one and they're easy to get.

It is disenfranchisement when they are instituted for the sole purpose of suppressing the black vote.
Black people are smart. There is no reason that they cant do something so simple. In fact, its extremely insulting to think otherwise.

I’ve learned those black People
were the real racists. Insane right wingers on sherdog told me so.

Or remind people of the struggles people went through to vote while conservatives champion voter suppression.

Honestly to be a conservatives at this point is to be a traitor.

The Canadian government requires ID when voting at any election - local, state or federal. Wow, I can't believe the Republicans are oppressing us all by way over here by expecting us to be functional adults <VinceShock>

Like the democrats fighting to keep slavery, create the KKK, create the jim crow laws, set up the great society to get blacks dependent on government handouts, tell blacks they ain't black if they don't vote democrat.

Funny how you just forget that little party shift that led to GOP admins led by people like

The candidate Ronald Reagan:

“Last night, I tell you, to watch that thing on television as I did. To see those, those monkeys from those African countries—damn them, they’re still uncomfortable wearing shoes!”

led by the electoral strategist using the tactics set up by Goldwater and Nixon:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.” By 1968 you can’t say “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.”

I just can't see why the blacks in America go for the kkk side. I just can't see it, especially since the dems are the same as 100 or 50 years ago, and the Republicans aren't the ones undermining the voting rights act, racially gerrymandering, or undertaking policies that lead blacks to not fuck with them election after election.

And the reasons blacks don't fuck with the GOP? Oh, well, it must be those Jewish-owned media conglomerates using blacks like pets, tricking them election after election cycle.

Convenient too, since you don't have to self reflect one bit.........

Black people are smart. There is no reason that they cant do something so simple. In fact, its extremely insulting to think otherwise.
I understand we are smart however that is irrelevant to the fact that voter ID laws are put in place for the sole purpose of disrupting our ability to vote. That is the only reason the republicans have passed these laws. We do not have a problem of voter fraud relating to lack of voter ID.

Requiring ID is not an insurmountable barrier but it is still a barrier for a significant number of us in NC, in particular for the poor elderly folk that live in rural areas far from a DMV office.

The Canadian government requires ID when voting at any election - local, state or federal. Wow, I can't believe the Republicans are oppressing us all by way over here by expecting us to be functional adults <VinceShock>
Oh look, another propaganda bot pretending ID laws are the only tool shit bag Republicans use to disenfranchise voters.

Maybe you should move to Canada. We don't need you here.

Sick dude, now what's to discuss here? Is anyone going to say it wasn't wrong?

So requiring an ID to vote is somehow racist? Am i missing something, i mean who the fuck doesnt have an ID, how is this an issue?

So requiring an ID to vote is somehow racist? Am i missing something, i mean who the fuck doesnt have an ID, how is this an issue?
If ID is free then its legal. Do you even Constitution, Bruh? There is a whole amendment in there that deals with it. Poll taxes are now illegal.

Read the article I posted. Julius "July" Perry, paid the poll tax to vote and even though he paid as required 6 months prior to the election, they still would not let him vote. Then they killed him for even daring to legally vote.

Side note
Local radio station had a local historian in talking about the story. Mr Perry was a wealthy dude, and most definitely wealthy for a black man in backwards ass Florida in the 1920's. He owned groves and employed many people of color.
Well Mr Perry, had the black labor force on lockdown. At that time Ocoee was a big Citrus community and if you wanted to use black workers to pick your oranges you had to go through Julius July Perry. Apparently Mr Perry did not put up with much bullshit, and if you did not play by his rules, then you could not use his guys to pick your oranges or he would move your groves to the back of the line and get them picked when he damn well pleased. That pissed off some of the Citrus growers in Ocoee. So when July marched up there to vote, there was already some animosity toward him, from the white land owners in the area, because he did not let them fuck him on payment for his work force.

Oh man, I'm definitely not voting for the party that did that. Which party was that, BTW? Any chance it was the same party that has been rioting for 5 months, suppressed news, changed the voting system, said you aren't black if you don't vote for them, spied on the opposing party's campaign last election and has made stores board up their windows because of violent riot threats if they lose?

Last edited:
If ID is free then its legal. Do you even Constitution, Bruh? There is a whole amendment in there that deals with it. Poll taxes are now illegal.

Read the article I posted. Julius "July" Perry, paid the poll tax to vote and even though he paid as required 6 months prior to the election, they still would not let him vote. Then they killed him for even daring to legally vote.

Side note
Local radio station had a local historian in talking about the story. Mr Perry was a wealthy dude, and most definitely wealthy for a black man in backwards ass Florida in the 1920's. He owned groves and employed many people of color.
Well Mr Perry, had the black labor force on lockdown. At that time Ocoee was a big Citrus community and if you wanted to use black workers to pick your oranges you had to go through Julius July Perry. Apparently Mr Perry did not put up with much bullshit, and if you did not play by his rules, then you could not use his guys to pick your oranges or he would move your groves to the back of the line and get them picked when he damn well pleased. That pissed off some of the Citrus growers in Ocoee. So when July marched up there to vote, there was already some animosity toward him, from the white land owners in the area, because he did not let them fuck him on payment for his work force.
You believe that story word-for-word, don't you?
And you're from the area and never heard a word about it previously, huh?
<BC1>

<BC1>
This local radio show has this historian on about once every 6 months. What reason would he have to lie?
What seems to be the so outlandish about the story? It makes sense because he was a landowner and obviously had enough money to pay the poll tax. It would not be unreasonable for a black landowner to know a bunch of guys that are willing to pick oranges.
Are you even denying that he was killed for voting?
You don't think a black guy could be a land owner and ruthless at business. Is that the part of the story you don't believe?
Just trying to figure out what part of the story is unbelievable to you.

This local radio show has this historian on about once every 6 months. What reason would he have to lie?
What seems to be the so outlandish about the story? It makes sense because he was a landowner and obviously had enough money to pay the poll tax. It would not be unreasonable for a black landowner to know a bunch of guys that are willing to pick oranges.
Are you even denying that he was killed for voting?
You don't think a black guy could be a land owner and ruthless at business. Is that the part of the story you don't believe?
Just trying to figure out what part of the story is unbelievable to you.
I have absolutely no idea (nor do you or anyone else), it was 100 years ago and is quite a yarn spun by word-of-mouth.
Again I ask, you grew up in that area and never once heard of this?
Think about that.
It's quite telling as to the veracity of the story.

I don't doubt the man existed and was a successful businessman in the area, and I don't doubt something went down and he was killed but it's certainly been "embellished" over the years. Probably quite a bit recently.
Also sounds like his daughter fired the first shot based on the article, right?

I would again circle back to you grew up there and never heard of it before. There is a reason for that. That's all I"m saying.

<BC1>
https://realradio.iheart.com/featured/the-jim-colbert-show/
You can listen to it yourself. Todays show will not be up until tomorrow. Historian guy came on around 4: 30 ish pm, show starts at 3pm so 1.5 to 2 hours into todays show.
I asked my daughter who is in 9th grade she never heard the story either and its not taught in school. Anywhere from 20 to 50 people were killed for trying to vote and they don't teach it in school, which is sad.
If it was not for the 100 year anniversary I would have never heard about it either.

I'll check it out. I don't believe that dozens of people were killed and you never once heard of it. Not a chance in hell of that, man. But you're looking to believe, so...
Your people would have mentioned it. An aunt, a grandparent, a parent. Makes no sense (that you wouldn't have heard about it). That's all.

I have absolutely no idea (nor do you or anyone else), it was 100 years ago and is quite a yarn spun by word-of-mouth.
Again I ask, you grew up in that area and never once heard of this?
Think about that.
It's quite telling as to the veracity of the story.

I don't doubt the man existed and was a successful businessman in the area, and I don't doubt something went down and he was killed but it's certainly been "embellished" over the years. Probably quite a bit recently.
Also sounds like his daughter fired the first shot based on the article, right?

I would again circle back to you grew up there and never heard of it before. There is a reason for that. That's all I"m saying.
I never knew about black Wall Street in Tulsa until I watched the Watchman series on HBO, last year. 20 to 50 people were killed, and the leader of the mob became mayor of that city 30 years later.
I don't blame the daughter when there is an armed group of a lynch mob standing outside your house. IF she shot them today in Florida, she would be innocent based on the Castle Doctorine. So now you are anti 2nd amendment. She had every right to defend her home.

Back