>$100 Heavy Bag

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently texted me mentioning that his brother will be buying a new heavy bag for him for Christmas. He said there was an Everlast at the local Dick's in the $75-$100 range. He knows Everlast isn't considered good, so that's why he asked me if there was something better.

I haven't shopped a heavy bag for home use in forever, so I was hoping the forum might be more abreast of stronger online deals in this budget range, or strong values that are widely more widely available at brick and mortar sporting good stores.

$100 seems low to me. If you need to break this budget to offer a quality bag go ahead and mention it.

Thanks for the help, gents.

If your in the USA the outslayer bags are meant to be great

We have 45 Outslayer bags at my place and I have no plans on buying any other type of bag. Simply impossible to get that sort of quality at that price, I highly recommend going in that direction.

Some old pics of when we only had 35:

Triple vote on Outslayer. Can customize them to weight and color. Good warranty. Plus you won't break your foot kicking a sand pack being they are stuffed with material. Mine has survived a flood and being outside 2 years, kept it clean and still doesn't have rips or tears. You'll pay a bit more but well worth it.

TzMuOOC.jpg

I recommend buying a polyform boat buoy and filling with water. It’s literally the exact same thing as an AquaBag for less than $100.

I have read that Outslayer is great but I have also heard they are unresponsive or maybe going out of business. I attempted to contact them and received no reply. I went with Prolast. Bag construction seems good but bag is significantly lighter than advertised. Went with a 150lbs bag but got a 116lbs bag. Not sure if this is normal. I have contacted the shop a week ago and they seemed to brush it off but I pushed it and they were supposed to be getting back with me. No resolution just yet so be wary you might not get what is advertised.

I have read that Outslayer is great but I have also heard they are unresponsive or maybe going out of business. I attempted to contact them and received no reply. I went with Prolast. Bag construction seems good but bag is significantly lighter than advertised. Went with a 150lbs bag but got a 116lbs bag. Not sure if this is normal. I have contacted the shop a week ago and they seemed to brush it off but I pushed it and they were supposed to be getting back with me. No resolution just yet so be wary you might not get what is advertised.

A few lb diference is normal, but 34lb is a lot imo. Are the measurments of your bag matching the 150lb ? They could have sent you the wrong bag.

A few lb diference is normal, but 34lb is a lot imo. Are the measurments of your bag matching the 150lb ? They could have sent you the wrong bag.
Yeah, measurements check out. I feel it is pretty significant as well. I chatted with them today and they offered to send me additional filling or a pair of their Prolast leather training gloves. Feel like this is going to make up for it but other buyers, regardless of brand, should weigh your bag as soon as you get it. I would still recommend Prolast but maybe make it clear that you won't accept anything less than the weight ordered before spending. The manager there was super nice and I appreciated him offering me multiple solutions to fix the problem.

Back