100 Burpees or 1 mile run. Whats harder?

power44

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What do you guys think is a harder conditioning workout a 1 mile run or 100 straight burpees?

I would go with 100 Burpees.

In addition to being in the wrong forum, the question doesn't make much sense.

How fast are you running the mile? Hills? What is your fitness level? How much do you weigh? Previous running experience? Burpees for time? etc. etc.

Sorry guys.

Both would be timed as fast as you can. The run would be just a normal 1 mile run on the beach.

Sorry guys.

Both would be timed as fast as you can. The run would be just a normal 1 mile run on the beach.

I still don't get the point of this question. There's no definitive answer.

If you are looking to do the more difficult one, or the one you perceive to be more difficult. I have some advice for you....do both.

to my understanding, 'harder' doesnt really matter. its about which activity is more conducive to your personal fitness goals. perhaps some of both are the best. ill take the burpees, because for me, running is boring, while burpees are an intense struggle with mans search for who he is, and his place in the universe.

and then i puke.

Burpees are harder than running, unless you're sprinting and then it's debatable as to what's harder.

burpee's.

What is there not to get with this thread, he's just asking which is harder for you, a mile run or 100 burpee's.

A sub 5 min 30 mile @ 185lbs

Burpees unless your going for time (and for a fair test it should be, but then you'd have to have a guideline for the time) you can struggle through

It depends on the pace. cruising a 6 min mile, 100 leisurely burpees or 4 min mile, 100 burpeess under 1 minute. I would say the burpees are harder, coming from a runner. I'd rather run a mile at any pace then do 100 burpees.

Doing both as fast as you can, I would say the burpees are much harder than just running a mile.

I have both of these as part of my training, and to be honest...both are very painful. If I had to choose one as being worse than the other (i.e. more perceived pain) then I would choose the burpees.

That said, anyone running a mile and thinking that it wasn't too bad wasn't running hard enough. It needs to be an all out effort with very little pacing to be effective.

Running miles is easy for me a 5'11" and 150lbs. Running is what I do. An open mile in 5:00 is a good push for me, but 100 burpees, is just not my cup of tea. I can run for days, but my upper body, just don't do that well.

Running miles is easy for me a 5'11" and 150lbs. Running is what I do. An open mile in 5:00 is a good push for me, but 100 burpees, is just not my cup of tea. I can run for days, but my upper body, just don't do that well.

blimey

I'm your height but 38lbs heavier

Burpees..unless you were sprinting the mile.

Back