100 Burpee's Challenge

Is there any vids on the way soon? Would be cool...

7:41

Kinda disappointed in that time. But I hope that makes everyone else in the thread feel better!

Shit, a little late, but I want to get in on the action. I'll bust this out on Friday and post my results!

I reckon I'll surpass 4min 20secs. A few months back I specialized in them for about 4months. Not been doing them lately but still confident in beating that time. I'll need to recoup a bit from training then I'll get back to you. I promise I'll be honest. 4min 20 sounds good so I might be in for a wake up call LOL

quite funny knowing all these people got out of their chairs and did 100 burpees just for this thread

The only problem is that if you've got hops, it will take you longer to finish this challenge.

Alooot of bullshit in this thread...

The elite of burpees will pull off about 12 in 30 seconds. Assuming you did 100 straight, no rest, full tuck jump (didn't include the "hang time" in the air), you'd be finishing in about 4:20ish. Now, I've yet to see anyone pull off 100 burpees straight, and I don't think I ever will.

If someone shows me a video and shuts me up, then I'll take back everything I said... but c'mon, alot of big talk here

I did 40 the other day and I didn't seem that beat so I bet I can get to 100 maybe. Then again, I wasn't doing it right like you said, I just landed in the pushup position and didn't do a full one. Hmm.

I cant even do a 100 burpee's in one go yet, never mind do them in a fast time.

I'll give this a go though...it seems like a good goal to aim for.

Sop are peeps doing a full tuck jump and pushup in the burpee or what??

Holy fuck, did some burpees for the first time today, and they beat my ass as if Chuck Norris walked in on his wife giving me head.

And yeah, did the add-ins with the pushup and knee to chest...can't wait to see how well I improve in these things.

well im going to start on conditioning (already started but not doing anywhere near enough) and i completely suck at conditioning, i feel if i dont have someone kicking my ass and telling me "ONE MORE SHIT BAG!" i give up too easy. I dont have this problem when lifting as i really want to make the lift. This burpee challenge will be good for me, i hate burpees, but i know they are really good so a couple of questions.

1) should i try to pace myself for the full 100 or just go all out and if the last 40 are slow and not jumping very high doesnt matter i'll get better in time?

2) how often would you recomend i do this? once a week? twice a week? im really looking to get 4 fitness sessions in a week along with other training and lifting so i want to ease the conditioning into my training.

3) is it a good idea to do this early morning before eating or should i do this in the evening (giving adequate time after i have eaten so that i dont puke)

4) how badly will this wreck me for the rest of the day, i know this is a shit way of looking at it but how many minutes of running/sprinting would you equate this to. i hate running.

krellik said:
Is there any vids on the way soon? Would be cool...

only if it was sped up as if it was slapstic, im not watching someone do 100 burpees.

adamantium said:
well im going to start on conditioning (already started but not doing anywhere near enough) and i completely suck at conditioning, i feel if i dont have someone kicking my ass and telling me "ONE MORE SHIT BAG!" i give up too easy. I dont have this problem when lifting as i really want to make the lift. This burpee challenge will be good for me, i hate burpees, but i know they are really good so a couple of questions.

1) should i try to pace myself for the full 100 or just go all out and if the last 40 are slow and not jumping very high doesnt matter i'll get better in time?

2) how often would you recomend i do this? once a week? twice a week? im really looking to get 4 fitness sessions in a week along with other training and lifting so i want to ease the conditioning into my training.

3) is it a good idea to do this early morning before eating or should i do this in the evening (giving adequate time after i have eaten so that i dont puke)

4) how badly will this wreck me for the rest of the day, i know this is a shit way of looking at it but how many minutes of running/sprinting would you equate this to. i hate running.

1. If you aren't in outstanding shape, you will be pacing yourself regardless. Busting out 100 straight is very difficult.

2. Treat burpees like you would pushups, pullups, lunges, etc. The recovery for bodyweight work is fast, and the body can take plenty.

3. It doesn't matter. If eating first makes you sick, do them before breakfast or later in the day. Anybody who tells you anything specific is a clown. What matters most, and by an incredible amount, is that you do exercise and in a challenging manner.

4. Depends on your recovery ability. You should find fatigue to decrease as your body becomes efficient (better lungs, less fat to weigh you down, etc). Add reps or decrease the time to increase the challenge.
I would rather run 5 miles than do 100 burpees. As a comparison, I run a mile in and under 5:45. Two minutes of burpees at best effort is harder.

Keep in mind that you get out what you put in. People always look for something special that will solve all their problems. There are tons of fat guys who read that interval sprints are the best for fat loss, and then turn those interval sprints into sprints with marathon jog or even total rest intervals. Same deal for guys who read about the fat burning zone and attempt to limit their heart rate by half-assing their PT. Push hard and smart, and achieve results.

Art Vandelay said:
1. If you aren't in outstanding shape, you will be pacing yourself regardless. Busting out 100 straight is very difficult.

2. Treat burpees like you would pushups, pullups, lunges, etc. The recovery for bodyweight work is fast, and the body can take plenty.

3. It doesn't matter. If eating first makes you sick, do them before breakfast or later in the day. Anybody who tells you anything specific is a clown. What matters most, and by an incredible amount, is that you do exercise and in a challenging manner.

4. Depends on your recovery ability. You should find fatigue to decrease as your body becomes efficient (better lungs, less fat to weigh you down, etc). Add reps or decrease the time to increase the challenge.
I would rather run 5 miles than do 100 burpees. As a comparison, I run a mile in and under 5:45. Two minutes of burpees at best effort is harder.

Keep in mind that you get out what you put in. People always look for something special that will solve all their problems. There are tons of fat guys who read that interval sprints are the best for fat loss, and then turn those interval sprints into sprints with marathon jog or even total rest intervals. Same deal for guys who read about the fat burning zone and attempt to limit their heart rate by half-assing their PT. Push hard and smart, and achieve results.

thanks mang. hmmm, i used to do burpees a while back but always hated them. im going to try get 100 burpees in 10 minutes tomorrow then, see how it goes.

Back