100 BULLETS (Tom Hardy to Produce and Possibly Star)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 6, 2015.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: May 6, 2015

Tom Hardy and Warner Bros. Working on a DC Comics Project

[​IMG]

Tom Hardy: "I actually got something cooking with Warner Bros. which is also a comic book, it’s a DC thing which is kind of… It’s really good actually, it contains elements of all kinds of stuff. From Ocean’s Eleven, to Batman, you can get all the wrappers out and it would be a big, really cool, Technicolor, Pulp Fiction…"

"It’s a psychological fuckfest, it’s absolutely awesome. It’s as if you would take Transmetropolitan and make it happen, but it’s not that out there it’s something which is much more real world. It could be like Heat, it could be fucking awesome. Let me tell you what it is, try and guess."

"It’s already… It’s real estate, it’s PRIME real estate which is sitting there right under everybody’s nose that no one’s really thought about yet and it goes TV and movie, it’s awesome. I can’t believe that nobody has even –I know they thought of it but no one has actually blown life into it yet."

Sherdog's Krallang believes Hardy's mysterious DC project is 100 Bullets. The actor mentioned Pulp Fiction, which is what 100 Bullets by and large is defined as. On April 28, 2014, The Wall Street Journal's release of information regarding upcoming Warner Brothers films based on DC Comics properties. 100 Bullets were among the other films listed, and are currently in varying stages of production.

Tom Hardy Talks FX's 'Taboo', Reveals He's Working on Secret DC Comics Project

2. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

He was JUST talking about Punisher, lol

3. Dragonlordxxxxx

Maybe he name-dropped The Punisher in order to pressure Warner Bros. in ceding to his demands.

4. MMouse

MMouse Now you enter...the shredder Banned

Maybe mad max is now dc?

5. Krallang

Krallang Pleb

Calling it now, its 100 Bullets.

Fact 1 he mentioned Transmetropolitan which is technically DC but is actually vertigo, 100 bullets is vertigo too.

Fact 2 he mentioned pulp fiction, which is what 100 bullets by and large is defined as.

Fact 3 It was almost made a TV show and is currently on the table at warner for a movie. From the 100 bullets wiki On June 23, 2011, IGN reported that David S. Goyer co-writer of Dark City and The Dark Knight was attached to executive produce and write a TV series based on the comics for Showtime.[7] However, in a June 2013 interview with Ain't It Cool News, Goyer stated that the project got "incredibly close" at Showtime before being turned down due to a multitude of mass shootings across the United States. He called the sudden turn of events "frustrating", further stating, "At one point, I thought it was going to happen at Showtime. It got to the three-yard line." [8]
    On April 28, 2014, SciFiNow reported the The Wall Street Journal's release of information regarding upcoming Warner Brothers films based on DC Comics properties. The films that were revealed to be in development included the much anticipated Justice League film; Shazam, Fables, and 100 Bullets were among the other films listed, and are currently in varying stages of production.

Throw me in the bi-line for this breaking story.

6. Viva

Viva

DC needs to stop reusing actors.

Hardy was already Bane, and now there are talks he could also be thrown into the Marvel universe as Punisher?

Jesus christ, he's not that good of an actor.

7. taurus

taurus Tiger knee belt

Evans has seen your post and has a message for you.
    [​IMG]

Ryan Reynolds, Paul Betanny, Brandon Routh and Vin Diesel (allegedly) also don't like your post. :icon_chee

8. Viva

Viva

Damn you.

Touche.

[​IMG]

Though let it be known I was never on board with Evans as the Torch.

9. Dragonlordxxxxx

Awesome. It fits perfectly.

You got it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=105576521#post105576521

10. Dragonlordxxxxx

It's Warner Bros., not DC, that reuses the actors. I kinda like it because it reminds of the star system back in the (pre) Golden Age of Hollywood. Currently, there are several actors that are loyal to their respective studios and vice versa.

11. Ocean Chief

Ocean Chief Black Belt

Tom Hardy should have been Deadshot. I'll forever be butthurt that he isn't.

12. DangDaGawd

DangDaGawd Tough Scene

I love 100 Bullets but I don't see it working as a movie. Part of what makes it so great is the episodic nature of the comic. Getting each minutemen's story and the people who interact with Graves stories issue by issue. It would be much better as a television series imo.

13. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: August 11, 2015

Tom Hardy to Produce and Possibly Star in 100 BULLETS Movie

[​IMG]

New Line and Tom Hardy are loading up on 100 Bullets. In the first move since assuming oversight of DC Entertainment’s Vertigo comics imprint from corporate parent Warner Bros., New Line is developing an adaptation of the acclaimed comic by Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso.

Hardy, who played villain Bane in The Dark Knight Rises as well as starred in this summer’s Mad Max: Fury Road, is on board to produce the adaptation with an eye to star. He will produce with Dean Baker via the duo’s Hardy Son & Baker production shingle.

The project is already down the line in development, having a script by Chris Borrelli, whose credits include the recent supernatural horror movie The Vatican Tapes.

Running for 100 issues from 1999 to 2009, the acclaimed comic centered on an enigmatic man named Agent Graves as he presents different people, for reasons unknown, with a gun, the identity of the person who ruined their lives … and a hundred rounds of untraceable ammunition.

Over the course of the series emerged a large crime saga that won accolades in the form of Eisner and Harvey Awards for Azzarello, Risso and the comic.

Tom Hardy Tackling Vertigo Comic '100 Bullets' for New Line (Exclusive)

14. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

As a movie? It should be a tv show.

15. Bobby Boulders

Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

I also think this should have been a cable show, but I will take what I can get. Anything Vertigo I am down with, in any capacity. Just hope they don't fuck it up. Great story, by great storytellers. Azzarello's and Risso's greatest tale.

16. taurus

taurus Tiger knee belt

This just screams disaster for me, and i didn't finish 100 bullets yet.

I just don't see it as a movie. It should be a gritty tv series. Y the last man, or even sandman i can see as a movie. Not this.
    Hardy is on a roll lately, but i think he tends to overact. Also, producing? 100 bullets? Neither him nor Baker have anything significant behind them as producers, i just don't see it.

But, don't judge the book by its covers, taurus, wait and see it...

*tips hat to Krallang

17. Lethal_Striker

Lethal_Striker Silver Belt

How dare you besmirch the name of Tom Hardy.

But with Bane having his face covered with a ridiculously jacked up body that he wouldn't have again and the voice they used for Bane, they could easily make the appearance of this new character totally unrecognizable in comparison to his Bane role. Let alone the fact that everything prior to Man of Steel is a different timeline of movies.

18. bandicoot

bandicoot Silver Belt

Thank you! People are all over this guys balls when he hasn't even shown that much talent... Bane sucked, and he's quiet and brooding in most all of his roles.

He hasn't impressed me yet.

19. Kneepocalypse

Kneepocalypse This is your god now.

100 Bullets is a dream project. If that bitchass fuckface David Goyer is still involved all hope us lost.

20. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

This. I can't imagine how they think they will squeeze it into a film. Even if it's a planned trilogy, it's still going to be tough. The way it's written practically demands a television adaptation.

Oh', and if you think Hardy is bad actor, go watch Bronson and shut the fuck up.