100 bucks a month

amaddman11

White Belt
Reaction score
If you had 100 bucks a month to spend on supplements what would you get and where would you get it from?

Bodybuilding.com has the cheapest stuff IMO. I'm not sure what else I would get but you cant go wrong with a tub of Whey Protein.

Quality food from the local market to ensure my marconutrient profile is dialed in (this is 95% of the equation).

After that, some tasty yet nutritious snacks/shake fixin's for those in-between meal times. Some whey protein falls in here for my shakes.

A mulitvitamin and mineral supp to ensure no major defiencies.

Glucosamine and a fish oil/EFA for a little preventative maintainance.

All the left over cash then goes to my Starbuck's fund.

ok, lets assume that I am eating well and the hundred is up and above the food cost

Whey
Fish Oil/Flaxseed
Glucosamine/Chronditin/MSM
multivitamin
melatonin (improves sleep quality) - i wouldn't do it every day though
veggie powder (i dont eat enough vegetables and can't force myself to)

Anything else would depend on your goals and which sport your doing. You're not going to really need a post-workout carb supplement if your just lifting weights (but you might if you're doing long distance runs).

submission0017 said:
Bodybuilding.com has the cheapest stuff IMO. I'm not sure what else I would get but you cant go wrong with a tub of Whey Protein.

Are you on Crack-Cocaine? They are no better than going to GNC.

Biochem Biopure Whey (AdvantageSupplements.com)
Bulk Casein powder (ProteinFactory.com), cut into the whey at a 1:4 ratio
BSN NO-Xplode (MassNutrition.com)
BSN Cellmass (MassNutrition.com)
ZMA (any -- they're pretty much all the same)
Multivitamin

That's everything I use and it's pretty darn close to the $100

If I had money to burn, I'd probably add Biotest Alpha Male, but it's too expensive IMO.

dpsnutrition.com is the cheapest with shipping for me since I am in the same shipping region.

protein supplement
multi-vitamin
efa supplement
creatine
zma
one of those micronutrient drinks which I haven't used yet

Monstruo said:
Are you on Crack-Cocaine? They are no better than going to GNC.

I never said anything about what is better, I said the Bodybuilding.com is cheaper. Go online and check it out. Even if you have a gold card at GNC

submission0017 said:
I never said anything about what is better, I said the Bodybuilding.com is cheaper. Go online and check it out. Even if you have a gold card at GNC

That's what he was referring to. Their prices aren't the worst in the world, but, by no means, are they the cheapest.

Is it worth getting a weight gainer? Or am I just better off sticking to regular whey protein? Also, should I get the BSN Stack with Nitrix in it, or is it just a better choice to stick only with NO-Xplode and CellMass?

Just start off easy. Try NO-Xplode before your workout and muscle milk with your afterworkout meal.

You should see huge results with that.

As for Nitrix, I haven't heard anything positive on that. Everyone tells me it is a waste of money.

Iceman5592 said:
Is it worth getting a weight gainer? Or am I just better off sticking to regular whey protein? Also, should I get the BSN Stack with Nitrix in it, or is it just a better choice to stick only with NO-Xplode and CellMass?

It's not that Nitrix, itself, is a waste of money, but it's unnecessary if you've got the other two going. I recommend the NO-X... and Cellmass, both. Whether you go w/ weight gainer or protein powder depends on your individual goals.

I wouldn't get myself into any BSN products, i personally don't like them, and since the question was what kind of supplements to get, i would go for probably just protien and not put my body through all those other supplements, getting stronger takes time and hard work supplements do help but come at a price

i like nitrix when i was on it but it dint do anything different then NOS from wal-mart...BSN's are just over-priced...

Wow, nobody has mentioned this and it should definitely be on your list BCAA's Branch chain amino acids. Personally I like NoXplode better than a lot of it's competitors, I feel it's effective and it tastes much better. Protein is key too, you should be consuming 2grams of protein per lb of body weight if you're looking to gain lean muscle. Whey is a quick digesting protein and casein protein is a slower digesting one, to avoid going into a catabolic state I'd have a nice Cassein protein shake before bed, to keep your muscles fueled. With 100 bucks as your spending limit, some of the bsn products can get a bit pricey. Cell mass is good, but you could also buy diarganine malatate in bulk and esterfied creatine in bulk, mix it yourself into crystal light, gatorade etc and have similar effects. You can also buy the NoXplode ingredients in bulk and save money, but I don't bother as I actually like the orange flavor of it. So now that I've rambled i'd say, Protein, BCAAs, a good creatine product and a good NO product. done properly that should just fit into your budget.

Whey,
Glutamine,
Udo's oil,
Greens,
dextrose,

That's all u need to build serious muscle if you know what youre doing. Well the greens is just a personal choice.

Animal Stak 2
Animal Cuts
GNC Multi Mega vitamin gold
MSM 1000
Glucosamin
Amino Acids
Sport Enzyme
Chromium Picolinate
Mega Iso Whey protien
Creatine

All purchased at GNC with discounts, sales, and mailed coupon this come up to be just over $100 a month.

Back