100 billion dollars to..

I wouldn't do it and I'm far from satisfied with my family and friends. $100 billion is a lot of money though...

This is where years of being a pathetic, insignificant hermit with no emotional ties finally pays off

It's like we are soul neighbors and we constantly borrow sugar from each other.

OP, you should've said, "They would be out of your life, and erased from your memory, and you will be erased from their memory". Sorta like Eternal Sunshine(Which I hated BTW). That would make the question far more interesting. You get all that money, but neither one of you will know either of you exist. When people ask you about your family and friends, you'd be like, I don't know... So for a 100 billion, would you erase them from your memory.

My answer would still be no though.

If I lost my parents tomorrow, I'd give that much if I had it just to spend one more day with them.

So, no...

Money is a means to an end. There's plenty of people with money that aren't happy and plenty without it that are. You can use money for things that make you happy, but it doesn't buy or generate happiness. Family and friends do.

No. People who think they will be happier with more money sound poor. I am poor. But I am capable of love.

Easy yes. I can't get emotionally connected to people anymore so this wouldn't bother me.

100 billion to get the fuck away from everyone? What's the catch?

I daydream about just disappearing to another state or going overseas without saying a word to anyone all. The. Time. Imagine pure, unadulterated, complete freedom from your past indiscretions, disappointments, suspicions, and obligations. Yes, please.

With 100 billion you could do some very real, significant good by investing in green energy tech or something like that. I would go about doing as much good as possible, 100 billion worth. Your family would have to hear about it elsewise they're in some real trouble.

So I have to say no, I suppose I wouldn't do this, because if I was doing 100b worth of good and they didn't hear about it they'd be in bad shape.

Yes

My family has blocked me on fb already anyways.

IKR coz paying 50% tax would leave you with 'only' 50 Billion dollars to play with.

The government and the welfare bums didn't have to cut off contact with their families and friends. What's mine is mine, dude.

Why not. I could create a new family with my new life and wealth.

Can I see my mom one last time before I sign, after I'm made aware of the stipulations ?

If so, yes.

Yes. 100 billion would give me the chance to alter the course of human history. I would become immediately one of the most powerful men to ever live.

The sacrifice would be worth it.

I am single and no kids. My family would probably be alright without me so I may take it but I am still not sure.

This is where years of being a pathetic, insignificant hermit with no emotional ties finally pays off

I'm cashin in on that hermit cash finally! Srsly though with that amount of money you could do so much good that i think it'd be worth the severing ties. I mean you could just use the cash to engineer new versions of the people from your past too.

Absolutely yes.
Money cant buy you happiness? Yes, it most definately can. Because if it didnt, you wouldnt all be at work everyday trying to earn it!

Back