10 years ago today; UFC absorbed WEC

And Britney was never the same again . . .

Ud6SkFt.jpg

Don’t feel too bad. A lot of bozos here would call Strikeforce “Strikefarce”. People still shill hard for the UFC.

I am no shill. I just legitimately thought the best talent was already in the UFC at 155. That was proven very wrong.

I do remember people arguing the UFC had a better HW division than SF back around that time. That was fucking hilarious.

I am no shill. I just legitimately thought the best talent was already in the UFC at 155. That was proven very wrong.

I do remember people arguing the UFC had a better HW division than SF back around that time. That was fucking hilarious.
I didn’t say you shilled for the ufc. But yeah, I kinda miss the ufc having stiffer competition. SF had so many fighters that came over and held belts or were top level guys.

It was a sad day in combat sports history.

Wasn't on Sherdog back then but something tells me there would have been a lot of people whining about manlets coming to the UFC.
Not really actually. People enjoyed and watched WEC enough the UFC brought them into the fold. Almost everyone was happy about it. I don’t even remember people using Manlet often if at all back then.

Not really actually. People enjoyed and watched WEC enough the UFC brought them into the fold. Almost everyone was happy about it. I don’t even remember people using Manlet often if at all back then.

I agree, I don't think manlet was used much then. WEC was well respected and don't think it was an issue, if anything it was kinda sad that WEC was no longer its own thing.

WECs last fight was Pettis v Henderson and had the Showtime kick.

Back