10 round fights to end rematches?

oleDirtyBast4rd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've asked something similar but this would be huge to stop the Cain vs dos santos/Bigfoot and lawler hendricks situations.

What is stopping 10 round fights?

Predictably thread is getting a lot of flack. I wanna see them fight until somebody wins. I don't care if it's by exhaustion. I don't want to argue about who won. Too dangerous i assume is the legit answer?

Last edited:
2qisr2w.jpg

Heart attacks. Someone getting seriously hurt or killed. Severe dehydration mixed with head trauma? Great idea.

Two men enter; one man leaves.

How is it that you think a 10 round fight would end rematches?

One guy would tire before the other.

Still would not be too entertaining.
Just look at k-1 with the 3 minutes X 3 rounds compared to kickboxing in general.
K-1 had around 90% KO ratio at one point. That was fun.

Why stop at 10? Might as well make it 15.

I agree in principle but you have to set a limit I'd assume or there is no way the ACs would go for it. It would effectively end stupid rematches because there would be a clear winner. I don't care how much they slow down, I wanna see somebody dig deep and win

It seems everyone is sick of these rematches but yet Dana keeps shoving them down our throats....I hope the event gets low numbers

15 round fights to eliminate trilogies imo

tbf 7 round title fights are fine by me imo tbh

Everybody scoffs and laughs, but you guys would rather 3 guys tell you who won then see them fight until somebody actually wins?

I don't believe in judges. All fights should be fights to the finish.

More realistically tho I think three 10 min rounds with 5 judges for championship fights would be a huge improvement

I agree in principle but you have to set a limit I'd assume or there is no way the ACs would go for it. It would effectively end stupid rematches because there would be a clear winner. I don't care how much they slow down, I wanna see somebody dig deep and win

There would still be close, controversial 10 round fights, so all you'd be getting is a 10 round rematch.

Plus can you imagine watching Clay Guida or Jon Fitch for 10 rounds?

There would still be close, controversial 10 round fights, so all you'd be getting is a 10 round rematch.

Plus can you imagine watching Clay Guida or Jon Fitch for 10 rounds?

While I see what you're saying I highly doubt many fights would go 10 rounds. You could make it only champ fights to get rid of most of the guidas

Back