10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

<{cum@me}>

Chick in op was dressed down. Should she wear a burka because dude's can't just stop be harassing?

Please read all my posts in this thread just so you dont mistake who you are talking to and what my position is.

No I don't think she should wear a burka BUT I know lots of women who have made the decision to dress more modestly. No skin tight cloths and higher shirt lines. Now they have made this decision for two reasons. One is they no longer feel the need to advertise their bodies to everyone on the planet and two is they grew tired of the sexual attention they were receiving from men and this mitigated a lot of it.

Obviously I think men should leave women alone on this level and see them and treat them as more than a sexual being and I always do this no matter how the woman is dressed.

Usually it's my size etc that's complimented, ie that obvious power I'm carrying around. The woman cat called for her beauty is having her power called out too.

Stats and experience prove that I'm at a higher risk of violence than my wife so I don't think it's about vulnerability or absolute risk.

People can respond to this shit however they like, my point was just that it's not necessarily exhausting to be sexually objectified.

For you it isn't but can you understand and respect and honor that many women feel differently?

Old news. And the news is that dark skinned men from NYC are assholes, ammiright? As I recall they apologized to black people for this video. Total backfire.

Yep. Isn't it crazy how when an 'oppressed' group of people (us Black men) are presented in a bad light they have to come out and apologize for telling the truth? LOL

But then again, it's not really funny when you have two groups of people (Far Right and Far Left) who look down on Black men as the bottom rung of society. Either it's, "these subhumans need to be stopped" or "these people need OUR protection because they can't do anything for themselves."

Usually it's my size etc that's complimented, ie that obvious power I'm carrying around. The woman cat called for her beauty is having her power called out too.

Stats and experience prove that I'm at a higher risk of violence than my wife so I don't think it's about vulnerability or absolute risk.

People can respond to this shit however they like, my point was just that it's not necessarily exhausting to be sexually objectified.
So your saying that you walking down the street and being catcalled by dozens of women is more or less the same experience the woman in the video had?

Is cat-calling really that bad though? For every chick who gets offended by it there is probably another chick who likes the attention and welcomes it. As long as the attention doesn't come off too creepy or weird women understand it's the dudes who have to approach them.

It seems to me that lots of guys would get upset if random guys catcalled their wife/girlfriend as they walked down the street with them. For some some reason those guys don't take it as someone complimenting their girl.

It seems to me that lots of guys would get upset if random guys catcalled their wife/girlfriend as they walked down the street with them. For some some reason those guys don't take it as someone complimenting their girl.
That's because now you're hitting on someone with the knowledge that they have a significant other.

I don't think it's the same thing.

FTR: I grew up in NYC around the dudes in the video. I think cat-calling is stupid and ineffective. I think there are much better ways to talk to women. Walking on the street is one of the few times I think one shouldn't approach a woman, it's too crass and no story ever starts with:

Kid: How did you and dad meet?

Mom: Well, I was walking toward the subway in Manhattan and a guy yelled "hey, ma!"

For you it isn't but can you understand and respect and honor that many women feel differently?

Yeah, manlets too, what of it though? I know some people are scared of shaking hands with people but still hands will be proffered upon meeting.

Not sure what respect and honour has to do with it.

Like I said, in absolute terms men are at a higher risk of violence than women, they can feel however they like about it.

Also like I said I'm prepared to, and do treat hot women differently to men, I buy into their hype, give them more power. It's got nothing to do with equality though and at a certain point fuck people's feelings let's look at the data and get some objectivity here.

So your saying that you walking down the street and being catcalled by dozens of women is more or less the same experience the woman in the video had?

Actually it's usually a mix of men and women, I also pointed out my awareness that I'm actually at higher risk of violence than they are. I should feel more scared than them really, the risk is higher.

It ain't about relative risk, it's about power and people exercising it.

This video makes me wonder, if she walked in an LGBT community like the village if she'd get catcalled a lot by lesbians... I hear they can be thirsty too.

This was a poor social experiment in terms of experimental design.

Last edited:
Yeah, manlets too, what of it though? I know some people are scared of shaking hands with people but still hands will be proffered upon meeting.

Not sure what respect and honour has to do with it.

Like I said, in absolute terms men are at a higher risk of violence than women, they can feel however they like about it.

Also like I said I'm prepared to, and do treat hot women differently to men, I buy into their hype, give them more power. It's got nothing to do with equality though and at a certain point fuck people's feelings let's look at the data and get some objectivity here.

The question is are you willing to not treat women in this way? Not catcall? Not sexualize them? Are you willing not to do this and do you support the general sentiment not too?

I don't care either way I am just curious what the answer is.

The question is are you willing to not treat women in this way? Not catcall? Not sexualize them? Are you willing not to do this and do you support the general sentiment not too?

I don't care either way I am just curious what the answer is.

Oh god did you not read my posts itt. I already said I put women and children first, hot women even further forwards!

Meh. In general, I think most guys would agree this is somewhat sleazy behavior, and guys who do it are sleazy. That said, anyone who walks around a big city will have to deal with sleazy people - not just women. If something physical were to happen, a woman has much better chances of being helped by strangers than a man does.

Some of you guys are forgetting the physical limitations of women. Having been a man all your life you might not understand that even the strongest woman can not defend herself like the weakest man can. You being in the exact same situation as a woman, ie catcalled, does not equate to the same experience. I've walked around most of my life wherever I wanted with no fear, yet I can still empathize with my wife who has to take way more precautions than me when moving about.

That's because now you're hitting on someone with the knowledge that they have a significant other.

I don't think it's the same thing.

FTR: I grew up in NYC around the dudes in the video. I think cat-calling is stupid and ineffective. I think there are much better ways to talk to women. Walking on the street is one of the few times I think one shouldn't approach a woman, it's too crass and no story ever starts with:

Kid: How did you and dad meet?

Mom: Well, I was walking toward the subway in Manhattan and a guy yelled "hey, ma!"

Guys who catcall typically say they are complementing women not hitting on them. It is the same.

Also, I agree about the guys being sleazy.

Please read all my posts in this thread just so you dont mistake who you are talking to and what my position is.

No I don't think she should wear a burka BUT I know lots of women who have made the decision to dress more modestly. No skin tight cloths and higher shirt lines. Now they have made this decision for two reasons. One is they no longer feel the need to advertise their bodies to everyone on the planet and two is they grew tired of the sexual attention they were receiving from men and this mitigated a lot of it.

Obviously I think men should leave women alone on this level and see them and treat them as more than a sexual being and I always do this no matter how the woman is dressed.
My wife has made this decision as well, due to getting tired of unwanted attention. I have to add though that women at work being shitty with her was another reason, they are much nicer when she dresses down lol.

My wife has made this decision as well, due to getting tired of unwanted attention. I have to add though that women at work being shitty with her was another reason, they are much nicer when she dresses down lol.

Everyone I know has made the decision, both men and women, to place sexuality in its proper private context and dress and act accordingly. its better for everyone involved.

Actually it's usually a mix of men and women, I also pointed out my awareness that I'm actually at higher risk of violence than they are. I should feel more scared than them really, the risk is higher.

It ain't about relative risk, it's about power and people exercising it.
You didn't answer my question and I don't understand what this post means.

A woman walking down the street getting cat called by men and you walking down the street getting cat called by women is different because you have more of an ability to defend yourself against a woman or a man if they became aggressive. Sure some women might take it as a compliment as you say you do but if one of these cat callers decided to become aggressive with her there is not much she can do about it, whereas you who packs "obvious power" (your words) have much more of a capability to defend yourself if the situation became threatening.

I actually read something quite enlightening on Sherdog once...

"Imagine what it would be like if half the world's population wanted to fuck you".

I'd rather that instead of being undesirable though...

Back