10/12 oz Velcro bag gloves?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Looking for some good bag gloves that are either 10 or 12 oz’s.
I own 10 oz winning lace ups but the current gym I go to doesn’t take breaks between sparring and training to lace up gloves. Need to change in and out of them fast so hook and loop is ideal.

Looking for something comfortable and broken in feel like winnings but doesn’t stick to the certain bags like winnings do. I like how my top boxers feel on the bags and pads but they aren’t that protective of my hands and I actually hurt them quite a bit with them, even though they are 14 oz as well. (Besides that feel really awesome though) Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Oh yeah I also own ring 2 cage Japanese style gloves and I’m not a fan of how stiff they are on the wrist

Last edited:
I own 10 oz winning lace ups but the current gym I go to doesn’t take breaks between sparring and training to lace up gloves. Need to change in and out of them fast so hook and loop is ideal.

Looking for something comfortable and broken in feel like winnings but doesn’t stick to the certain bags like winnings do. I like how my top boxers feel on the bags and pads but they aren’t that protective of my hands and I actually hurt them quite a bit with them, even though they are 14 oz as well. (Besides that feel really awesome though) Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Oh yeah I also own ring 2 cage Japanese style gloves and I’m not a fan of how stiff they are on the wrist

What's your budget?

Ideally you want some 16oz for sparring. Some nice decent soft gloves (sure you know that like haha)

For bag/pad work if your a heavier guy 10/12oz might be no good if you desire protection...might have to jump to that 16oz

What is it you want most protection or feedback?
The glove that will give you the best of both and I hate to say it because I'm not a fan is cleto reyes I also rate topboxer alien (think the 16oz model uses different foam could be wrong)....both will need breaking in though.

I think gloves like winning or fly although super soft will eventually just get pounded that much on a bag the padding will become dense fast and start becoming uncomfortable.

What's your budget?

Ideally you want some 16oz for sparring. Some nice decent soft gloves (sure you know that like haha)

For bag/pad work if your a heavier guy 10/12oz might be no good if you desire protection...might have to jump to that 16oz

What is it you want most protection or feedback?
The glove that will give you the best of both and I hate to say it because I'm not a fan is cleto reyes I also rate topboxer alien (think the 16oz model uses different foam could be wrong)....both will need breaking in though.

I think gloves like winning or fly although super soft will eventually just get pounded that much on a bag the padding will become dense fast and start becoming uncomfortable.
Thanks for the advice. I gotta try on some cletos to see if I like it

Last edited:
Never heard of fly.

https://boxupnation.com/collections/boxing-gloves/products/fly-sports-superloop-x
Seems like for hook n loop they only have 16 and 14.

How are everlast powerlocks?
edit: Nvm the lace up looks good but the wrist support on the Velcro look bad like the winnings
They are very good check out the fit2bix reviews

they also do 10oz

https://flysportsuk.com/products/superloop-x-white-silver

I have the 16oz and I really like them the Velcro is solid unlike the winning

Unless you have tiny hands I can see 10oz Reyes being a struggle I couldn’t use 12oz as they was literally too small and I can’t see them protecting your hands much either I use 14oz and even those are hard on the hands on really solid bags

I have 10oz TopBoxer stock aliens, 10oz and 12oz Fairtex BGV9s, and 12oz Cleto Reyes. All hook & loop.

The TopBoxer and Fairtex gloves are amazing on the heavy bag. I would stay away from the Cleto Reyes gloves. I punch right through the padding and my knuckles get sore after one round.

The TopBoxer / Fairtex gloves are amazing. Excellent material and construction and both gloves go for around $110-120. I’m punching harder in these gloves and my knuckles don’t push through the padding.

I recently got a 130lb heavy bag and it’s VERY hard so my hands are getting used to it and I can really feel the differences in the padding now on the gloves, all I do is heavy bag work btw as I’m 32 years old and not training for a fight.

I’m pretty disappointed with the Cleto Reyes gloves.. cause first off their supposed to be 12oz but weighed 16oz. Then the padding is too soft so you punch right through it on the heavy bag or sparring. Now I see why pros don’t use Reyes training gloves. They don’t work for heavy bags, sparring, or mitts cause their so heavy. I’m sure their fight gloves are amazing though, especially at $150. But I learned Reyes definition of “punchers glove” is being able to punch through the padding. Fairtex and TopBoxer’s definition is very dense padding but also protective cause you won’t punch through the padding.

As for Fairtex vs TopBoxer, it’s almost a tie. But I do get better cracks on the bag with my TopBoxers.

Are your TopBoxer gloves the alien or win1 model?

They are very good check out the fit2bix reviews

they also do 10oz

https://flysportsuk.com/products/superloop-x-white-silver

I have the 16oz and I really like them the Velcro is solid unlike the winning

Unless you have tiny hands I can see 10oz Reyes being a struggle I couldn’t use 12oz as they was literally too small and I can’t see them protecting your hands much either I use 14oz and even those are hard on the hands on really solid bags

Nice I do have small hands but I think I might check out the fly

I have 10oz TopBoxer stock aliens, 10oz and 12oz Fairtex BGV9s, and 12oz Cleto Reyes. All hook & loop.

The TopBoxer and Fairtex gloves are amazing on the heavy bag. I would stay away from the Cleto Reyes gloves. I punch right through the padding and my knuckles get sore after one round.

The TopBoxer / Fairtex gloves are amazing. Excellent material and construction and both gloves go for around $110-120. I’m punching harder in these gloves and my knuckles don’t push through the padding.

I recently got a 130lb heavy bag and it’s VERY hard so my hands are getting used to it and I can really feel the differences in the padding now on the gloves, all I do is heavy bag work btw as I’m 32 years old and not training for a fight.

I’m pretty disappointed with the Cleto Reyes gloves.. cause first off their supposed to be 12oz but weighed 16oz. Then the padding is too soft so you punch right through it on the heavy bag or sparring. Now I see why pros don’t use Reyes training gloves. They don’t work for heavy bags, sparring, or mitts cause their so heavy. I’m sure their fight gloves are amazing though, especially at $150. But I learned Reyes definition of “punchers glove” is being able to punch through the padding. Fairtex and TopBoxer’s definition is very dense padding but also protective cause you won’t punch through the padding.

As for Fairtex vs TopBoxer, it’s almost a tie. But I do get better cracks on the bag with my TopBoxers.

I have the win1 model hook n loop in maroon. They are really really nice and crack hard. The padding is honestly a little thin for me even though it’s 14’s. I might just have ultra weak hands but it feels like a punchers glove to me lol. Could also be I’m just used to the superior protection of winnings. I agree though they feel really great and smooth

I have the win1 model hook n loop in maroon. They are really really nice and crack hard. The padding is honestly a little thin for me even though it’s 14’s. I might just have ultra weak hands but it feels like a punchers glove to me lol. Could also be I’m just used to the superior protection of winnings. I agree though they feel really great and smooth

I only have experience with the alien model and I love them. Their excellent bag gloves. I got the stock black/green gloves. The Fairtex BGV9 and TopBoxer aliens are exactly how I like my glove padding for bag work. Dense punchers gloves but also protective from punching through the padding. The Cleto Reyes training gloves leave me scratching my head. Their dense but you can easily punch through the padding. Out of the limited gloves I’ve had and tried, the BGV9 and aliens have been the best on the heavy bag. Even at 10-12oz their very protective. I like buying new gloves so it’s been hard trying to find a follow up to the amazing BGV9s and aliens lol. Might have to just start doing custom aliens and new BGV9s when these gloves get worn out.

I only have experience with the alien model and I love them. Their excellent bag gloves. I got the stock black/green gloves. The Fairtex BGV9 and TopBoxer aliens are exactly how I like my glove padding for bag work. Dense punchers gloves but also protective from punching through the padding. The Cleto Reyes training gloves leave me scratching my head. Their dense but you can easily punch through the padding. Out of the limited gloves I’ve had and tried, the BGV9 and aliens have been the best on the heavy bag. Even at 10-12oz their very protective. I like buying new gloves so it’s been hard trying to find a follow up to the amazing BGV9s and aliens lol. Might have to just start doing custom aliens and new BGV9s when these gloves get worn out.
Reyes Velcro never weigh true to weight. I
am a surprised by your comments on the padding have you given them time to break in? In 14oz I much prefer them to my bvg9 once broken in they take a bit of time unlike the fairtex.

@biscuitsbrah in smaller weights I think only fly will compare to winning with regard to padding at least at 14oz they do anyway I I would say 12oz too

Reyes Velcro never weigh true to weight. I
am a surprised by your comments on the padding have you given them time to break in? In 14oz I much prefer them to my bvg9 once broken in they take a bit of time unlike the fairtex.

@biscuitsbrah in smaller weights I think only fly will compare to winning with regard to padding at least at 14oz they do anyway I I would say 12oz too

Yeah I knew that when buying them but 4oz overweight seems crazy to me. 16oz gloves with 12oz tags. I’ve had them for about 2 months so I would say their broken in. Even has some cracks in the leather already. Could just be cause I got titanium and it’s metallic. But to my logic, I see the padding softening up more and punching through easier as they get used more. Admittedly I only noticed this after I got my big 135lb xl bag that’s hard as a brick. One thing about the Cletos though is it def has that handmade feel over the fairtex and topboxer gloves. And the wrist support is better too. I’m just gonna leave them on the shelf for now until I soften this bag up. Also should note the fairtex and topboxer gloves were all within .5 oz of its tagged weight.

I second the top boxer alien for bag work, my current bag glove, I think its all depends on what's right for you.

For me 16oz reyes where perfect for bag and pad work, that perfect spot between protection and feedback, I had some twins which where supposed to be great for bag work and protection and I hated them they always left my hands sore.

I think it depends on how you hit the bag too if your going 100% all the time regardless off what gloves your hands will eventually hurt lol

Personally though I'd hate to pay £400 for some fly or winnings just to be used on bags thats just me though I'm a tight arse ha

I second the top boxer alien for bag work, my current bag glove, I think its all depends on what's right for you.

For me 16oz reyes where perfect for bag and pad work, that perfect spot between protection and feedback, I had some twins which where supposed to be great for bag work and protection and I hated them they always left my hands sore.

I think it depends on how you hit the bag too if your going 100% all the time regardless off what gloves your hands will eventually hurt lol

Personally though I'd hate to pay £400 for some fly or winnings just to be used on bags thats just me though I'm a tight arse ha
I wouldn’t want to mash up my fly gloves on a heavy bag I am keeping them for sparring for now. I am using 14oz Reyes on the bag at the moment but I am not training on mega hard bag just normal ones. I have just got some fortress wraps too.

fly x gloves are a lot cheaper and would be ok to wear out on a bag

I love the bgv9s but they felt a little too big on me hand compartment wise in 12oz, are the 10oz gloves tighter fitting? I’ve got fairtex glory gloves in 10oz and they feel much better

If you are looking for soft padding like winning with cheaper price, you can try to see sabas SS, adispeed 501, or venum shield.

I love the bgv9s but they felt a little too big on me hand compartment wise in 12oz, are the 10oz gloves tighter fitting? I’ve got fairtex glory gloves in 10oz and they feel much better

Yes, the 10oz gloves are a tighter fit then the 12oz. It’s considerably more compact hand compartment wise and also the overall size of the glove is smaller. It’s hard to beat the BGV9 for me. Especially at $110. The padding, leather, craftsmanship is top notch. And one thing I really like about them is the liner is pulled tight. A lot of gloves I’ve tried or had the liner is always loose inside and you can feel it sagging on your hands and it’s harder to get your hands in all the way. They’re holding up very well too.

I wish my TopBoxer gloves had a tight liner like the BGV9s, that would make them perfect gloves for me. But I really like the 2nd grip pad/bar in the topboxers. It’s more on your finger tips and it’s a flat piece of the same foam used in the glove. It’s more like a pad but it allows me to really make a nice fist. The BGV9s have a more traditional 2nd grip bar that I like as well.

As for padding, I REALLY like TopBoxer’s padding in the aliens. It’s more dense then the BGV9s padding and feels very solid on the heavy bag. But also protective. I just got done using my aliens this morning for its 3rd day and so far I love them. Just like the BGV9s, the quality is top notch.

Last edited:
If this was for training and bag only, then definitely check out the Rival RB11s. They go by M/L/XL but the product page cites the weight at 10.8oz / 12.5oz / 13 oz for those sizes. Their RS11s (B for Bag, S for Sparring) is nearly identical but starts at 14oz. That said, it's a "small" 14oz so might be worth checking out if somewhere close by carries them.

If you can find somewhere to try out the Fly's I would definitely check those out. I have the winning with velcro and find the wrist support on the velcro winnings isn't just mediocre, but I would go as far as to call it poor.

If this was for training and bag only, then definitely check out the Rival RB11s. They go by M/L/XL but the product page cites the weight at 10.8oz / 12.5oz / 13 oz for those sizes. Their RS11s (B for Bag, S for Sparring) is nearly identical but starts at 14oz. That said, it's a "small" 14oz so might be worth checking out if somewhere close by carries them.

If you can find somewhere to try out the Fly's I would definitely check those out. I have the winning with velcro and find the wrist support on the velcro winnings isn't just mediocre, but I would go as far as to call it poor.
I would go one further the winning Velcro wrist support is crap.....non existent really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back