***#1 Ranked UFC Welterweight, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Welterweight, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson! He will answer your questions LIVE on THURSDAY the 16th of February at 10:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Stephen Thompson is the #1 ranked contender in the UFC Welterweight division. He will next be competing in a rematch for the UFC championship against Tyron Woodley in the main event of UFC 209 on March 4th after first going to a draw with Woodley at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden.

UFC209-poster.jpg

Stephen holds a 13-1-1 pro MMA record along with a 20-0 pro kickboxing record & 37-0 amateur kickboxing record. Wonderboy holds notable wins over the likes of Rory MacDonald, Johny Hendricks, Robert Whittaker, Jake Ellenberger, Patrick Cote, Chris Clements, Nah-Shon Burrell & Dan Stittgen.

Kickboxing

• 1999 I.S.K.A Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.S.K.A Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F South East Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Middleweight Champion
  • 2000 P.K.C National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 U.S.A.K.B.F North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F North American Amateur Tournament Light Cruiserweight Champion
  • 2001 P.K.C National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 U.S.A.K.B.F Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2001 W.P.K.A Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.K.F Light Cruiserweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.A.K.S.A Cruiserweight World Champion
  • 2005 W.A.K.O Cruiserweight World Champion

20130524070700_IMG_8910.JPG

Follow him here:

Twitter: @WonderboyMMA
Facebook: Stephen Wonderboy Thompson
Instagram: wonderboymma

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderboy, I have but one question for you:

What is the secret of your power?

First off , thanks for your time. What tweeks have you made to your gameplan to take the belt home in the rematch? And , being the biggest GSP fanboy on here. What do you think about a St Pierre - Bisping match-up?

Hello Wonderboy,

How much do you weight in on the night of the fight ?

Do you feel you are a bit undersized / strength wise, or it's worth it for the extra speed / cardio ?

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Welterweight, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson! He will answer your questions LIVE on THURSDAY the 16th of February at 10:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Stephen Thompson is the #1 ranked contender in the UFC Welterweight division. He will next be competing in a rematch for the UFC championship against Tyron Woodley in the main event of UFC 209 on March 4th after first going to a draw with Woodley at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden.

UFC209-poster.jpg

Stephen holds a 13-1-1 pro MMA record along with a 20-0 pro kickboxing record & 37-0 amateur kickboxing record. Wonderboy holds notable wins over the likes of Rory MacDonald, Johny Hendricks, Robert Whittaker, Jake Ellenberger, Patrick Cote, Chris Clements, Nah-Shon Burrell & Dan Stittgen.

Kickboxing

• 1999 I.S.K.A Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.S.K.A Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F South East Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Middleweight Champion
  • 2000 P.K.C National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 U.S.A.K.B.F North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F North American Amateur Tournament Light Cruiserweight Champion
  • 2001 P.K.C National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 U.S.A.K.B.F Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2001 W.P.K.A Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.K.F Light Cruiserweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.A.K.S.A Cruiserweight World Champion
  • 2005 W.A.K.O Cruiserweight World Champion

20130524070700_IMG_8910.JPG

Follow him here:

Twitter: @WonderboyMMA
Facebook: Stephen Wonderboy Thompson
Instagram: wonderboymma

Stephen,

Im a big fan and fellow martial artist.

From most important to least, how would you categorize the following in terms of what it takes to be a world class fighter?

· Mental state of mind

· Cardio Conditioning

· Diet

· Physical Strength

· Heart

Thanks,

Cornelius

Florida

Thank you very much for being here.

Reporters always ask martial artists the same questions. Wondering what is important to you that you never get to talk about?

Stephen – Would you ever consider fighting in Glory Kickboxing, assuming your UFC contract would permit it?

How much focus do you put on your boxing training, it seemed you kinda favored the hands way more then what people expected in the first fight for the belt.

Good luck for the upcoming fight.

What is your favorite Karate movie?

Or top three if it's too hard to pick one.

Hi Stephen,

Who was your favorite mma fighter to watch before you got into the sport?

How do you feel Tyron is being treated by the UFC?

And what supplements do you take to enhance performance? Such as fish oil, B12, ect......

Hey Wonderboy, big fan of yours! My question is are you a fan of Lyoto Machida? Would you like to see more Karatekas compete in MMA?

Hi @Stephen Thompson

Have you sized up for the rematch? Tyron looked alot bigger than you the first time, and i believe that played a big part in the draw because of the size difference. With that being said huge respect for overcoming adversity when 90% believed you were done. I think u got it if you put on some good solid size.

Last edited:
You're an awesome fighter and so tall - do you enjoy your height advantage? I'm short

Do you feel that fight was a draw or you should have won it?

P.s do you miss Mike Goldberg?

Hey Mr. Thompson! Thanks for stopping by. I've always enjoyed your fights, win or lose, but the Woodley fight was off the chain!!!! Had to be considered for fight of the year in my opinion. I don't now how you survived that 4th round. I was literally yelling "he's not human!! he's not a fucking human!!!" (my neighbors are big fans indeed)

2 questions: is that the hardest you've been hit in competition? what do you think you need to do differently in the rematch?

looking forward to it!!! Continued health my man! Go get that belt!!!!

Hey Wonderboy! Best intro song evs.

What is your level of interest in avenging your lone loss to Matt Brown?

What is your favourite KO and why; if you have one?! (I love the debut kick KO on Stittgen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back