Law $1 million bond for rioters. Does this help, or make things worse?

The bond for rioting is similar to the bond for killing people?

I'm not arguing with you. I'm entertaining myself. Your juvenile tantrums get entertaining. My kids aren't under 3 anymore so I kinds miss it. Keep on getting mad at everything and endorsing violence, it's cool.
Ah gotcha.
I had no idea; I'm sorry you got roped into my very serious commentary.
My intellect is no match for your metamucil powered mind.

Lol at "gives them something to rally behind". They don't need a reason, and were rioting in the first place is over a guy running full speed with a knife over his head to stab the cop, and before that it was a rapist trying to grab a weapon, then it was some a guy who beat up 2 cops, stole their taser and tried to taser them in the face. It's pure delusion to think the rioters needed a valid reason to riot.

5 of the 8 pictured are white, so I don't know what that has to do with "valuing buildings more than black lives". They weren't killed, and personally, I'd rather have nice buildings in my town than violent, unhinged marxists. We've seen too many of these degenerates get let out with no bail or Joe Biden's campaign paid their bail, so corporations, Soros, and the Biden campaign can get their fucking checkbooks out and pony up real money if they really want these assholes back on the street so badly.

I absolutely agree. They have allowed the riots to become common and everyday events. Shows of force have not seemed to quell it, and you know it is the same people doing this. So a much higher bond would reduce the ability of these assholes to be able to get out the same day.

It will keep them from getting out at all, hopefully. Too many of these Lefty run cities have eliminated bail at all, and they are suffering the consequences.

I hate the whole bond system. So I'm not in favor of it.

its funny seano left hw forums cause of his stupid bullshit now is spewing for Trump fucking sad and to think i liked you at some point

I’m fine with it as I think the likelihood of them going back out immediately and doing the same thing again is extremely high.

One thing I would not be down for is absolutely restricting those that do bond out to not be able to protest. However, once the protest is declared unlawful, and that person stays, boom, their bond money is forfeit, which would be hilarious. The reason I am not in favor of saying “you can’t go near a protest” is because that is completely a violation of the first imo. I felt the same way about that one proud boy dude that violated probation/bond by going to one.

I just want to make sure we're on the same page here. By "some" and "a few" you mean billions of dollars of damage, across the country, for months, in the middle of the worst economic crisis in the Nation's history, and all of that is ok because lives matter more than property and some other mumbled virtue signaling about insurance, correct? That's what you meant by "some" and "a few" right?

I never said it was okay, just trying to insert some honesty.

Right. The hyperbole is limited to conservatives . . . I mean give me a break. The fact that you took that comment and ran with it like you did is as full of rhetoric as it can get.

Would the riots actually be popular if it was 2019 or 2021?

I never said hyperbole was limited to conservatives and I never said riots would ever be popular.

Very lazy straw man indeed.

I never said hyperbole was limited to conservatives and I never said riots would ever be popular.

Very lazy straw man indeed.

I see you continue to play this game . . .

Yeah man I'm totally the one defending weird as fuck teenagers :rolleyes:

And the counterparts are normal? anqueefa are the weirdest fucks around. Kyle is seen as weird because he backs law enforcement? He goes a little “all in” but his behavior pre incident are way more normal than those fucking clowns with all that shit on their face, fuck the government/capitalism, riotous turdfuckers.

And the counterparts are normal? anqueefa are the weirdest fucks around. Kyle is seen as weird because he backs law enforcement? He goes a little “all in” but his behavior pre incident are way more normal than those fucking clowns with all that shit on their face, fuck the government/capitalism, riotous turdfuckers.
So just to be clear, you don't think Kyle Rittenhouse is in any way weird for traveling to a different state at age 17 to walk around with guns in the street alongside his redneck mommy and shoot people and has not displayed extreme political views or violent tendencies?

if it deter the rioters then hell yeah

I would guess there is probably a high risk of re-offending but how do you even substantiate that? There are certainly cases of protestors being arrested, bailed out, and going right back to proesting. I don't know that's true of arsonists. I haven't seen an instance of someone getting arrested for arson, getting bailed out and getting arrested for arson again.

With so many funds set up to post bond for people, its likely that tons of the people won't bother showing up for court.

This is a solid point if a fund has already been created. I'm not sure the sheer existence of gofundme as a possible source for fund raising is grounds for setting a bail that would otherwise be impossibly high.

I think the risk posed by reoffence would also be factored in. If you burn a car and do 50k worth of damage plus another 5k to repair the pavement under it, then a million dollars bond is probably unconstitutionally excessive. If you burn down a commerical building, then yeah, you might do a few mil in damages if you reoffend.

As a general rule, this seems politically motivated to me, and I'd be surprised if it survived a challenge in a higher court.

Lol at "gives them something to rally behind". They don't need a reason, and were rioting in the first place is over a guy running full speed with a knife over his head to stab the cop, and before that it was a rapist trying to grab a weapon, then it was some a guy who beat up 2 cops, stole their taser and tried to taser them in the face. It's pure delusion to think the rioters needed a valid reason to riot.

5 of the 8 pictured are white, so I don't know what that has to do with "valuing buildings more than black lives". They weren't killed, and personally, I'd rather have nice buildings in my town than violent, unhinged marxists. We've seen too many of these degenerates get let out with no bail or Joe Biden's campaign paid their bail, so corporations, Soros, and the Biden campaign can get their fucking checkbooks out and pony up real money if they really want these assholes back on the street so badly.

I think you missed the point. First, I probably hate the protester and rioters more than most. Second, a bond that is similar to murder suspect’s bond is a violation of the 8th. That gives these fuckwads an actual legitimate basis in which to continue the protests. Once the body cam came out, most of these mouth breathers calmed down after the first night. Third, I want to see that these shitheels stay locked up for a while so they can’t protest, but it has to be reasonable. 1 million isn’t reasonable. Fourth, I am not saying that buildings are more important than black lives, but that is how it will be interpreted.

One thing I would not be down for is absolutely restricting those that do bond out to not be able to protest. However, once the protest is declared unlawful, and that person stays, boom, their bond money is forfeit, which would be hilarious. The reason I am not in favor of saying “you can’t go near a protest” is because that is completely a violation of the first imo. I felt the same way about that one proud boy dude that violated probation/bond by going to one.

the court can impose firearm (2A) restrictions on people only charged with DV, so I won’t get too worked up over the court imposing restrictions on a rioter’s right to go back to the same protests they were rioting in.

Back