News 1 in every 15 Americans has tested positive for COVID-19

"if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?"
Yes. By the time everyone else jumped the padding would be exceptional. Plus talleat bridge in the world is like 1200 feet. Each person is about 6-8 inches thick on average I'd bet. 7 billion times six inches equals both the amount of weiners your mom has taken and 3.5 billion feet. I wouldn't even fall. I could just kind of lean over and touch the pile of bodies

cincymma79 said:
Yes. By the time everyone else jumped the padding would be exceptional. Plus talleat bridge in the world is like 1200 feet. Each person is about 6-8 inches thick on average I'd bet. 7 billion times six inches equals both the amount of weiners your mom has taken and 3.5 billion feet. I wouldn't even fall. I could just kind of lean over and touch the pile of bodies
"you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

i don't subscribe to political tribalism

you can't see that blind faith in either makes them one and the same..."A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies."

the wool has been pulled over your eyes and you've jumped on the bandwagon in order to stay safe amongst the herd
its science brother, the left is pro science and facts combined with emotions they said the right wing is anti science and no emotion.

Leftists... who claim that a boy is really a girl if he puts on a dress and professes his new gender? Those are pro-science people?

Let’s just admit that the world is fortified with nutty sons of bitches.

its science brother, the left is pro science and facts combined with emotions they said the right wing is anti science and no emotion.

Leftists... who claim that a boy is really a girl if he puts on a dress and professes his new gender? Those are pro-science people?

Let’s just admit that the world is fortified with nutty sons of bitches.
the science of feelings

you can't see past your own religion

Or you think the left and the right are feathers of the same bird, the truth has always been in the middle anyways

How many genders are there?

"party of science" lol

2 gorillas at San Diego got it now. First known case in great apes.

2 gorillas at San Diego got it now. First known case in great apes.

I was reading an article yesterday [Sars-cov-2 spillover events] that explained that there is greater pressure on coronaviruses to select for mutations and adapt whenever they cross species, when compared with circulation in the same species, ie. humans. However, it seems like the real concern for introductions into new species is with farmed animals, where the conditions are favourable for mutated variants to emerge as we saw with the mink farms.

I was reading an article yesterday [Sars-cov-2 spillover events] that explained that there is greater pressure on coronaviruses to select for mutations and adapt whenever they cross species, when compared with circulation in the same species, ie. humans. However, it seems like the real concern for introductions into new species is with farmed animals, where the conditions are favourable for mutated variants to emerge as we saw with the mink farms.
That makes sense more swings at bat or whatnot. The gorillas seem to be doing ok just a little coughing so luckily it didn't affect them more potently than us so far.

This is scary, and if it comes back to humans it will mutate to a more ferocious form Right?

This is scary, and if it comes back to humans it will mutate to a more ferocious form Right?

Not necessarily but it might. Variants that emerge from other species are more likely to contain mutations in the spike protein, because this is the first interaction that the virus has with a new potential host, so if it can adapt, those mutations may remain in successive infections until they reach another human. Spike mutations are being closely monitored as these can change the way that a virus behaves inside the body -for example, being better able to evade antibodies. So far, the vaccines are looking like they can handle the currently circulating variants (including the mink-adapted variant that emerged in Denmark), but if there are further mass breakouts in farmed animals suitable to infection (especially minks as they seem very well-suited to this virus), it may be a different story.

Not necessarily but it might. Variants that emerge from other species are more likely to contain mutations in the spike protein, because this is the first interaction that the virus has with a new potential host, so if it can adapt, those mutations may remain in successive infections until they reach another human. Spike mutations are being closely monitored as these can change the way that a virus behaves inside the body -for example, being better able to evade antibodies. So far, the vaccines are looking like they can handle the currently circulating variants (including the mink-adapted variant that emerged in Denmark), but if there are further mass breakouts in farmed animals suitable to infection (especially minks as they seem very well-suited to this virus), it may be a different story.
Stop with this gay ass science shit. The virus is a conspiracy created by the Clintons and George Soros. We all know it. Q told us. So I’m not listening to any book readin’ nerd. I’m a play my banjo.

The issues with mink in Europe notwithstanding, from what I was reading the other day, it appears that there is little evidence of SarsCoV-2 going from pets, for example, back to people despite the clear data showing it going from people to animals like pets. It also appears to have a relatively much slower rate of mutation compared with other viruses, HIV, for example. All in all, I think this is something we'll eventually see the other side of. I'm pretty strongly against the "fuck it, it doesn't matter what we do because we'll all get it" fatalism.

About the vaccines, no argument there--I posted research papers to that effect earlier ITT. Things are looking good.

Back