#1 contender at 145 lbs

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Max & Volkanovski fight at UFC 245 as expected, who has next after that?

Yair vs Stephens
Zabit vs Kattar
Zombie vs Ortega(rumored)

I think Zabit has the best chance if he wins impressively because he would be a the longest winning streak. Stephens has lost 2 in a row, Zombie has won 1, Yair 1, & Kattar 2.

If Kattar beats Zabit, then I think Yair or Kattar have the pole position. If Yair loses to Stephens, that opens the door for Zombie. If Zombie loses to Ortega, Ortega maybe gets a title shot if Volkanovski wins. But Max could possibly get an immediate rematch.

Overall it's a bit of a mess, but the depth of talent & entertaining skillsets have made it easy to overlook the past couple months.

If Zabit beats Kattar then it's him.

Feel bad for Zombie because since Frankie pulled out and that crazy elbow after Yair's stalling, it's set him back.

Aldo fucked up a lot by knocking Moicano dead, and beating up all the contenders. Zombie broke what was left of Moicano chin. He beat Kattar tho, in an incredible fun fight. He won 13 minutes of the Ortega fight too. Idk where to put Kattar in the contenders line up because of the loss to a guy who lost 3x in his last 5. Zombie got finished with 1 second left so he fucked up his line jump. Stephens is a gate keeper who Max already beat up. It's kind of wide open in my opinion. Zabit needs a solid finish to get next in line after Max bodybags Volk

I think Volkanovski will be the next champ, which will leave the division wide open.

I got a strange feeling this Max vs Volk fight is going to end up a trilogy and they put on some good ass fights

Stephens KO's Yair
Zabit decisions Kattar
Zombie TKO's Ortega

Would love to see KZ get a title shot in 2020.

Zabit...

But Zabit and Yair have to fight... If none of them are next, i want to see them go at it for #1 spot

If Zabit finishes Kattar he's likely next up. Still have questions about Zabit's cardio over 5 rounds though. Yair could jump the queue if he finishes Stephens with something crazy.

ortega will win his next fight and get the belt after that, or win his next two fights and get the belt after that.

If Volkano wins, the UFC will be looking to do the rematch I expect, but Zabit is a decent call if he wins.

Should be Zombie if he beats Ortega. Zabit needs one more top 10 win imo. Zombie would have just beaten Moicano and Ortega, not to mention the fight against Yair which many people thought he was winning and lost at 4:59 of the 5th round

If Zombie wins and Zabit wins it would really depend on where the UFC needs a draw. Adding Zabit to a Russian card with Khabib headlining would be good. KZ on a card in Korea or China could be good, especially with Zhang headlining. Yair or Stephens both need to put a run together. Yair won but he was literally 1 second from a pretty clear loss. Ortega is screwed if Max defends.

I'm not counting out Josh Emmet yet either, I don't think he's too far out of the mix, I know he lost to Stephens and is not in the immediate mix but I don't think he's too far out.

I'm not counting out Josh Emmet yet either, I don't think he's too far out of the mix, I know he lost to Stephens and is not in the immediate mix but I don't think he's too far out.
and the loss was very controversial

Back