1-5: Your Confidence Conor Will Beat Diaz in Rematch

I will give him a 2 - 2.5.

I don't think he will win, but he had his moments early in the last fight, and may fight a much smarter fight this time. It wouldn't be the craziest win we've seen in the cage, by a long shot.

But full camp Diaz should be sharp.

I am excited to see how the rematch plays out.
What he said.

Mcgregor living a movie and this is nearly the end of the movie, he is gonna pull of a miraculous win.
That's true.....if there ever were a fighter that were living in a movie, Conor is it. He receives massive hate because he is so successful, so movie like and people are mad jelly and butt hurt that he owned it harder than any fighter in history in the span of 3 years. Sure, there have been and will be better fighters, but his rise from obscurity, while calling his shots, tapping into the law of attraction, is unlike anything we have ever seen.

I honestly pick Diaz in this fight, just think he is too big and has the kryptonite to Conor's magic but let us no forget: he KO'd Aldo in one punch. If he did that, he can do anything.....infact, anyone can do anything. Im telling ya'll, the Conor story will be like the Ali story; loved by all in 30 years. In this time, there are many jealous haters, but once we are removed from our time of ego, he will be loved, appreciated and learned from by all. Strangely, I don't see Conor living too long or good of a life like Ali. There seems to be a trade off made in the heavens: you can burn bright and burn short (Mozart, Cobain, JFK) or you can burn long but dim in mediocrity (the rest of us). Conor simply got too bright too soon and there has always been a sense that it will last but a short time.

EDIT: Also, this is the biggest match in MMA history. It may be the biggest, most meaningful match in fighting, but only time will reveal that. It is certainly bigger than Jones DC 1 and I think we would have to go back to Rumble in the Jungle to find an equivalent, simply because Conor means so much to so many and his story is more about the human condition/hope than it is about the human.

McGregor needs to read Diaz better and punish the duck that he does to the left when defending or disengaging. I don't think it will be enough to hurt Diaz, but it'll win McGregor some points and force Diaz to change tactics (which is difficult to do mid-fight, similar to switching up after suffering leg kicks).

On the other hand, McGregor really does better when he's counter-punching and needs Diaz to come forward, so he can counter his jab. The problem is that McGregor likes to think he can pressure/finish anyone and gain the upper hand in exchanges, and while it's possible for him to TKO Diaz, he'll likely end up in a [losing] war of attrition as the rounds go on.

McGregor is not the better (offensive) boxer and has to work harder to close the gaps when unloading his offense. When he's fighting defensively, he's better, but given Diaz has more preparation this time, on top of experience, I think he has the advantage going into this.

I'd bump McGregor up to a 3 if this were a three round fight, but there are too many variables in a five round contest for me to like his chances any better than what's above.

2. Conor has a solid left. A real punchers chance. Clearly advantage for Diaz tho

nate's going to throw the fight, but in competitive fashion, so he can cash in big for the trilogy..... kidding, don't ban me.

Last edited:
Back