1/4 mile run time

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it really isn't that great of a time. I know that it could definitly be dropped by quite a few seconds if you started running regularly. How often do you run or workout?

no offence but its pretty shithouse, even for an overweight out of shape person.

half mile good, 1/4 mile bad

ist what, 400m

Fit people can do that in 1min 10, 1 min 30 at worst

LCDforMe said:
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but it really isn't that great of a time. I know that it could definitly be dropped by quite a few seconds if you started running regularly. How often do you run or workout?
i run on the treadmill about 3 times a week and workout monday - saturday weights,bikeing etc.

i think i can beat that time by power walking, 1/4 mile is 400 metres right?

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
if you seriously can beat that time by power walking then i must have got the wrong length or im not fit i thought i was actually doing good because i was ahead of most of the pepole in the class

Seriously, that comes out to almost an eleven minute mile. When I was in high school I ran a lackluster 7:28 mile in baseball conditioning and that was FAR behind everyone else. Back then I was around 30-35 pounds overweight at 220lbs. 1/4 mile is 400m. Perhaps you have your distances wrong? Either that or you are slacking off alot...

wow... quarter mile times (one 400 meter lap) are normally around a minute (like other people are alluding too).

bruceleevegas said:
well i ran a quarter mile today and got 2:47 is this good ?
that is fucking terrible. 5 min mile pace is 1.15 for a quarter mile, and that isn

bruceleevegas said:
well i ran a quarter mile today and got 2:47 is this good ?

Are you sure you got that distance right???

That sounds like a slowish 800m time 1/2mile. Even if you hopped the 1/4 mile I don't reckon you could do it slower than that. I've run 400m in 57 secs before. Michael Johnson did it in 43.18!!!!! But even then I don't think he is three times faster than you.

Yeah, I remember back in like Freshman PE for highschool, we had to do the timed runs and one of them was a quarter mile time. I was terribly out of shape and ran mine in around 1:40 or so. Now I get it at about 1:10 or so I'm guessing: I'll give it a try a bit later this week.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:

damn!!!! Give the guy a break already.

Back