1/3 Californians are on MediCal

vespasian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That is a huge number. It's no secret that the USA is in financial trouble. These kind of stats show it.

This article is about a bill that would give illegal immigrants healthcare. This means that the 1/3 of people in MediCal are citizens and permanent residents.

You'd be pretty dumb to blame illegals for 1/3 of californians being on socialized healthcare when they dont draw from it to begin with.

The middle 20% of earners in California pay a below-average amount of state and local taxes as a percentage of income (8.2% vs. 9.4% average).

A few things to consider:
1. CA's illegal immigrants primarily work in agriculture, which is a huge national industry. They take jobs that most American's won't take for low pay. If you start programs like mass deportations, it will make a large increase on the price of food, which will undoubtedly burden other low income families in the rest of the country
2. If an immigrant get's sick today and has to go to an emergency room, who do you think ends up paying for it? At least a health plan can encourage more preventative treatment rather than emergency room visits.
3. One of the big problems with people rallying against the ACA and immigration is that no one is coming up with viable, realistic alternatives. If you think the best thing to do would be to build a giant fence, repeal the ACA, or whatever, make your case.

This article is about a bill that would give illegal immigrants healthcare. This means that the 1/3 of people in MediCal are citizens and permanent residents.

You'd be pretty dumb to blame illegals for 1/3 of californians being on socialized healthcare when they dont draw from it to begin with.

You'd also be pretty dumb to think there is no relation between illegals and their kids...

You'd also be pretty dumb to think there is no relation between illegals and their kids...

Hey dumb dumb! How you doing today?

You're right, their kids get medicaid, as is entitled to American citizens. The parents are still illegal. It was true yesterday, and it's true today.

Hey dumb dumb! How you doing today?

You're right, their kids get medicaid, as is entitled to American citizens. The parents are still illegal. It was true yesterday, and it's true today.

Yeah, and if their illegal parents werent here, they wouldnt be on medical. Weird that you don't see a connection.
No illegals here = their kids wont be on medical.
Why is this so hard to understand for a sjw?

Yeah, and if their illegal parents werent here, they wouldnt be on medical. Weird that you don't see a connection.
No illegals here = their kids wont be on medical.
Why is this so hard to understand for a sjw?

SJW? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, ***** you just went full retard.

If their parents werent here, they would be wards of the state and would cost a LOT more than a little medicaid. Cant deport American citizens homie! HTH.

Agree with False for the first time ever. Can't blame the kids for their parents coming illegally. The kids are citizens and have a right to Medicaid.

Agree with False for the first time ever. Can't blame the kids for their parents coming illegally. The kids are citizens and have a right to Medicaid.

yeah, but we can stop more to be parents from entering illegally.....

those that cant make the connection simply cant be debated, like flat earthers.

Check out the "obama is letting violent immigrants go" thread, I posted a lot of info on there. People are overwhelmingly coming over to work, not have babies. There are some that do, but males significantly outnumber females and the immigration rate can be directly correlated to the health of our economy.

And as an aside, the kids that grow up are legal, gotta pay their taxes, and have an actual association with the US. We got declining birth rates man, we need the future taxpayers.

A few things to consider:
1. CA's illegal immigrants primarily work in agriculture, which is a huge national industry. They take jobs that most American's won't take for low pay. If you start programs like mass deportations, it will make a large increase on the price of food, which will undoubtedly burden other low income families in the rest of the country

Illegal immigrants indeed make lettuce and strawberries cheaper, and offer cheaper landscaping and handyman services. However, their many children consume VERY EXPENSIVE education and health care services.

The resulting financial burden on our schools, prisons and hospitals far outweighs the savings in food prices. It is not a good deal for America.

Illegal immigrants indeed make lettuce and strawberries cheaper, and offer cheaper landscaping and handyman services. However, their many children consume VERY EXPENSIVE education and health care services.

The resulting financial burden on our schools, prisons and hospitals far outweighs the savings in food prices. It is not a good deal for America.

But they are americans, isnt that the point of having education and healthcare? to benefit americans?

America needs people to exist after all, and the birth rate of America is still below replacement rate. So America actually needs more babies, not less.

The only concern would be about American culture being overwhelmed by Mexican culture, which its a complete joke, American culture is not a weakass culture like that of european countries, it completely permeates its society, its minorities and the vast majority of the thinking and educated class of foreign countries.

But they are americans, isnt that the point of having education and healthcare? to benefit americans?

America needs people to exist after all, and the birth rate of America is still below replacement rate, so America actually needs more babies, not less.

The answer is selective, controlled legal immigration. Our economy doesn't need millions of semi-literate laborers.

Then start punishing businesses for hiring illegals. This fantasy about deporting every single one of them and putting up a giant fence is just that, a fantasy.

Check out the "obama is letting violent immigrants go" thread, I posted a lot of info on there. People are overwhelmingly coming over to work, not have babies. There are some that do, but males significantly outnumber females and the immigration rate can be directly correlated to the health of our economy.

And as an aside, the kids that grow up are legal, gotta pay their taxes, and have an actual association with the US. We got declining birth rates man, we need the future taxpayers.

with child tax credits, free public schools and health care, you really think these illegals are paying a net tax? Only the rich and well off pay taxes in Cali, the amount of taxes I pay is likely higher than most californian's income.

You act as if people that come here to work dont have babies...... like it's for one reason only, and not possible for another reason....

You bet their having babies in the process, and when they do, they reap benefits. Food programs will give food for both mother and citizen child regardless of mother's status. Do illegal parents provide enough taxes for their child's schooling? Medicaid? not a fat chance.

I really dont give a shit about kids that grow up angle, America has an immigration system in place, that lets in a TON of people. Get in line, pay your fees. Have your babies.

with child tax credits, free public schools and health care, you really think these illegals are paying a net tax? Only the rich and well off pay taxes in Cali, the amount of taxes I pay is likely higher than most californian's income.

You act as if people that come here to work dont have babies...... like it's for one reason only, and not possible for another reason....

You bet their having babies in the process, and when they do, they reap benefits. Food programs will give food for both mother and citizen child regardless of mother's status. Do illegal parents provide enough taxes for their child's schooling? Medicaid? not a fat chance.

I really dont give a shit about kids that grow up angle, America has an immigration system in place, that lets in a TON of people. Get in line, pay your fees. Have your babies.
So illegals don't pay a sales tax when they buy something?

Then start punishing businesses for hiring illegals. This fantasy about deporting every single one of them and putting up a giant fence is just that, a fantasy.

this is just ridiculous, businesses DO submit worker information, if the government doesnt do a good job verifying, why should a business be in the business of verification? I'm working with a business now that hires TONS of mexicans, how the hell should I know if one is illegal or not? We have some guys that barely speak english...... born in america, full legit citizen. Who am I to say he looks illegal? The fantasy is turning business owners into police. We submit paperwork to the IRS/USCIS, not my job to verify anything. If an employee submits an I9, who the fuck am I to care? If I get busted for having illegals, yet provide an I9, why is that my problem? I gave the necessary paperwork. There are anti discrimination laws, I cant assume that anyone is an illegal.

walls have been built, and work. Tell me how high that israely wall is, and why that wouldnt work in america? Concrete is fucken cheap.

So illegals don't pay a sales tax when they buy something?

sure they do, and you and I, however without income tax, you wont get close to filling the gap. Illegal immigrants will be the bottom of the rung types, high useage of benefits, and low contribution.... why in the world would you even attempt to marginalize the issue?

Back